Manic Street Preachers - where to start

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Hymnal said:
    Start early and ignore later stuff as IMO they are going downhill a bit and the last three albums all sounded the same. Shame as the early stuff was genius and they are awesome live
    I'm not sure you've heard the last 2 - one largely acoustic and very mellow, the other noisy krautrock...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited September 2014
    I've now got the National Treasures singles anthology and I like it. Some songs are far better than others though.

I don't mind some of the newer stuff - Autumnsong and Your Love Alone is Not Enough are fantastic.

Nicky Wire's lyrics are kind of bollocks but all credit to JDB - he turns that drivel into some really brilliant music.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bucket;359063" said:
    I've now got the National Treasures singles anthology and I like it. Some songs are far better than others though.

I don't mind some of the newer stuff - Autumnsong and Your Love Alone is Not Enough are fantastic.

Nicky Wire's lyrics are kind of bollocks but all credit to JDB - he turns that drivel into some really brilliant music.
    Wisdom for Autunmsong. Absolutely brilliant song. Probably the one of theirs I most wish i'd written
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom