Helix Stomp XL leaked?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2444
    Voxman said:
    StefB said:
    £599 at Peach. 
    Quite frankly, for that price I'd go for a second hand Helix LT. 2 chip processing, expression pedal, and more floor control. The HX Stomp made sense as a a compact unit to amalgamate with your pedal board, but in a bigger more expensive format it's neither fish nor foul. It's not a stand alone unit like Helix LT or Pod Go albeit the latter is less powerful, and it's lost the compactness. 

As always, some will like it and it will fit their needs but personally I think Line 6 is now looking to get blood out of a stone. 
    As I’ve said to other people in various places, it really isn’t that at all. People have literally been requesting this. For a while. This is what we do as a company. We listen and we give people what they want. If you weren’t asking for an HXFX with amp models or a stomp with more buttons then it wasn’t something that you needed. If a used lt is the same price and the extra stuff is what you need then great. But it comes down to format over price. Lt is still too big for a lot of people. Stomp and stomp xl were designed to be part of a pedalboard setup. You can do that with lt but you’d need a big board. 

Does that make sense or am I babbling? Been a long day. 
    Helix take on the Boss MS3/ES5/ES8 concept please - no amps, no cabs, etc. 3, 4, 5, 8 effects loops for external pedals... midi in... midi out.... some built in DSP effects, expression pedal inputs, amp switcher output(emphasis on the plural!) - doesn't need a huge display, but something readable.

Essentially a small-ish command centre for your pedalboard, where you want the Helix for the occasional additional effect, but in the main you just want to switch some external drives or Strymons at the same time as switching your amp.
    Get an HXFX with a Morningstar ML5. The ML5 is discreet enough and you have all the above. Plus probably cheaper than if we did a full blown switcher. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Voxman said:
    StefB said:
    £599 at Peach. 
    Quite frankly, for that price I'd go for a second hand Helix LT. 2 chip processing, expression pedal, and more floor control. The HX Stomp made sense as a a compact unit to amalgamate with your pedal board, but in a bigger more expensive format it's neither fish nor foul. It's not a stand alone unit like Helix LT or Pod Go albeit the latter is less powerful, and it's lost the compactness. 

As always, some will like it and it will fit their needs but personally I think Line 6 is now looking to get blood out of a stone. 
    As I’ve said to other people in various places, it really isn’t that at all. People have literally been requesting this. For a while. This is what we do as a company. We listen and we give people what they want. If you weren’t asking for an HXFX with amp models or a stomp with more buttons then it wasn’t something that you needed. If a used lt is the same price and the extra stuff is what you need then great. But it comes down to format over price. Lt is still too big for a lot of people. Stomp and stomp xl were designed to be part of a pedalboard setup. You can do that with lt but you’d need a big board. 

Helix take on the Boss MS3/ES5/ES8 concept please - no amps, no cabs, etc. 3, 4, 5, 8 effects loops for external pedals... midi in... midi out.... some built in DSP effects, expression pedal inputs, amp switcher output(emphasis on the plural!) - doesn't need a huge display, but something readable.

Essentially a small-ish command centre for your pedalboard, where you want the Helix for the occasional additional effect, but in the main you just want to switch some external drives or Strymons at the same time as switching your amp.
    Get an HXFX with a Morningstar ML5. The ML5 is discreet enough and you have all the above. Plus probably cheaper than if we did a full blown switcher. 
    I've got a Boss ES5 and a Decibel 11 Loop Switcher. It's the Helix interface and workflow I want.

Usually how I run my setup is Helix Floor, Strymons in the loops, various other effects internal to the Helix. But it's a massive board!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    StefB said:
    £599 at Peach. 
    £817 pre-order at Coda - https://www.coda-music.com/line-6-hx-stomp-xl-due-soon.html

Surely there can't be such a vast price difference between two leading UK stores?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited March 2021
    Voxman said:
    StefB said:
    £599 at Peach. 

I've got a Boss ES5 and a Decibel 11 Loop Switcher. It's the Helix interface and workflow I want.

Usually how I run my setup is Helix Floor, Strymons in the loops, various other effects internal to the Helix. But it's a massive board!

@WiresDreamDisasters a question....
    Boss MS3 only has one mono amp control, so I could only switch one function on my amp with it (e.g. channel). I also have a DB11 loop switcher and you can sacrifice one of the loops to switch the other function on the amp (in my case fx loop on/off).

I guess you would then need a 2 x TS to 1 x TRS cable, but you could then have both functions being switched, right?

Helix workflow and multiple ext control outs would make this better I think. In a Boss ES sized box and without a weird power supply or the need for >1 amp at startup.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    edited March 2021
    After watching @JohnCordy 's video on it I'm thinking the XL is actually a really nice option I'd go for over the normal Stomp. Seems really good with that command center switch layout option. Much nicer to keep it all in one unit and it's much less faff than a separate midi controller. And still more flexible than the Pod Go. Maybe I'll wait til these start popping up on the used market!
  • NelsonP said:
    Voxman said:
    StefB said:
    £599 at Peach. 

@WiresDreamDisasters a question....
    Boss MS3 only has one mono amp control, so I could only switch one function on my amp with it (e.g. channel). I also have a DB11 loop switcher and you can sacrifice one of the loops to switch the other function on the amp (in my case fx loop on/off).

I guess you would then need a 2 x TS to 1 x TRS cable, but you could then have both functions being switched, right?

Helix workflow and multiple ext control outs would make this better I think. In a Boss ES sized box and without a weird power supply or the need for >1 amp at startup.
    Yep, you've got it. You'd need a 2xTS > 1xTRS cable to make that work, and then you'd switch the D11 switcher from midi on the MS3 in order to control the two footswitchable inputs on your amp.

Bye!

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited March 2021
    Voxman said:
    StefB said:
    £599 at Peach. 

Sure, I get that. If people have been asking for this type of layout then from that perspective I can see that you're simply trying to give folk what they have been asking for.  I certainly hear you 're LT size ( and weight) which was why I went for the Pod Go. 

I was previously using a Vox Tonelab SE on stage ( old tech but still great sounding). However its big and heavy; with the power supply it's pretty much the same overall footprint and weight as Helix floor, with LT not much smaller and lighter, and at my age I want to schlap around as little as possible. 

I just hope Line 6 are also listening to its customers 're Pod Go ... great unit and I love it, but it really could do with some firmware upgrades to help gigability and functionality such as snapshot and multi switch naming, and 6 user slots instead of 4 so that with some prudent selection of less DSP hungry fx, users can have greater flexibility and versatility to get the most from its more limited DSP.  But I digress and a topic for a Pod Go thread. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    StefB said:
    StefB said:
    £599 at Peach. 
    £817 pre-order at Coda - https://www.coda-music.com/line-6-hx-stomp-xl-due-soon.html

Surely there can't be such a vast price difference between two leading UK stores?
    Must have been a mistake as it says £599 now.