Guitar flippers ... Hate them :-(

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Sassafras said:
    Greed is never a good thing.
    Unless it makes you filthy rich and powerful.
    I'll settle for filthy rich!  I'll leave power to those best placed to use and abuse it! =)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I flipped a guitar once - it landed square on its headstock - snapped clean off. Word of advice looks cool when you land it sweet...oh hang on
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I've seen a 2015 gibson dc for £1000 on reverb. Remember when amazon was dumping them? A friend of mine bought one for £250. I know others received refunds for innocuous missing items like case keys etc. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • gazrichardsgazrichards Frets: 691
    DrJazzTap said:
    I've seen a 2015 gibson dc for £1000 on reverb. Remember when amazon was dumping them? A friend of mine bought one for £250. I know others received refunds for innocuous missing items like case keys etc. 
    I think owning a guitar for 6 years and then listing it for sale can’t really be classed as “flipping”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    There was a guy the other day trying to flog a 1960 Strat for £30k and I KNOW as a fact he only paid around $220 for it...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2265
    Voxman said:
    Sassafras said:
    Greed is never a good thing.
    Unless it makes you filthy rich and powerful.
    I'll settle for filthy rich!  I'll leave power to those best placed to use and abuse it! =)
    Or have a girlfriend who is filthy rich. Failing that she should just be filthy.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    DrJazzTap said:
    I think owning a guitar for 6 years and then listing it for sale can’t really be classed as “flipping”
    True true, smart move tbh. If he makes £750 good for him.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • The latest sport on Reverb seems to be "capitalise on Chase Bliss not producing any stock by selling my used pedals at the same cost as a new one or more". It may be allowed, but it still sucks.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    edited March 2021
    DrJazzTap said:
    This would be a good entrant in the second hand prices thread elsewhere. 

I bought a brand new 2015 Les Paul Special Double Cut for £499 delivered at the time. I sent it back as the wide nut made the guitar feel like one of M D Phillips' 8 string to 6 string conversion specials.

Sound Affects (hardly known for their second hand bargains) currently have a used example for sale at £799, and Fair Deal have gone one better at £999...

https://www.soundaffects.com/electric-guitars-c95/2015-les-paul-special-double-cut-in-heritage-cherry-pre-owned-p15629

https://www.fairdealmusic.co.uk/collections/vintage-pre-loved
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    The latest sport on Reverb seems to be "capitalise on Chase Bliss not producing any stock by selling my used pedals at the same cost as a new one or more". It may be allowed, but it still sucks.
    Not just selling out of stock pedals, but their discontinued ones are nuts.  The Facebook group a lot are looking for Spectre, Condor and Gen Loss.