Oh crap, my Helix just went bang in a big puff of smoke right in the middle of that huge gig.......

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1007
    Given your thread title, and how incredible Line6 customer service is I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a new Helix on the way to you already!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 586
    This is appropo of nothing but a comment from a guitarist I played with "yeah, if that goes bang though what then eh?"

Pointed out that we were the only band on and he had no backup amp so if that failed (which is probably more likely given the way he threw it about) what was HE going to do?  I did have an old POD in a bag just in case ... and a laptop with Native but I trust Windows even less =)

As you were ... sorry ... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    Given your thread title, and how incredible Line6 customer service is I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a new Helix on the way to you already!
    Ha ha! One can but hope!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    JCA2550 said:
    Orange micro Terror?
    I've got one of those I could sell and yep, it was my back up up when I was gigging.
    It's a great Get Out of Jail card and it saved my backside twice.  Small and just lived in the gig bag.
    £60 if anyone's interested, very good condition. 

• To echo an earlier comment:

ZOOM MS50 IS THE GREATEST MFX EVER!

Fits in the pocket of my Helix bag as a backup. Sounds great, looks great, easy to use and cheaper than one of those white Boss tuners even when brand new. It even runs of batteries so minimal rerouting required.

Set it up in a blind A/B test with my LM08 RAT and neither me nor my band could tell the difference.

In fact, my main worry is not needing it for so long cause the Helix is so great and finding it's given up the ghost when I finally do!
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I go thru the PA with the Helix LT but monitor with a Katana (or use it as my speaker for smaller gigs) - and if the Helix dies I can mic up the katana as an emergency - got the 3 base sounds set on it for just that! Never had to do it tho in 3 yrs of Helix ownership and many gigs/weddings!
    Also considered a flyrig as a backup