Apple fans . Will there be a new iPad Pro soon?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    I thought the latest Air works with the Pencil?
    It does. I didn't know that back in April.

But now I also see that the pro has Thunderbolt which means it won't be long before a variety of audio interfaces get firmware updates to run with the iPad pro.

That could be very handy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10410
    I've seen leaked renders of the new Macbook Pro which show the machine having a magsafe type charger, SD card slot and HDMI, so IO wise a return to the fantastic Retina design. 

One thing to bear in mind when ordering is to max the ram out, because like every machine anything in ram that isn't necessary to complete the most important task is moved to the swap file on the SDD .... these means many more writes to the SSD and a reduced SSD life IMO. At the moment most people are saying it's not a problem but I think in a couple of years it will be. Failure in my experience isn't a linear process so we won't know for another year or so but the lack of a serviceable SSD could be a disaster for some people. 

I'm putting a 2TB SSD into a 2015 Macbook Pro today, extending the life of a beloved machine for a customer. I hope the new M1 machines can last a good ten years or more like the Retinas.  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    edited June 2021
    Danny1969 said:
    I've seen leaked renders of the new Macbook Pro which show the machine having a magsafe type charger, SD card slot and HDMI, so IO wise a return to the fantastic Retina design. 

One thing to bear in mind when ordering is to max the ram out, because like every machine anything in ram that isn't necessary to complete the most important task is moved to the swap file on the SDD .... these means many more writes to the SSD and a reduced SSD life IMO. At the moment most people are saying it's not a problem but I think in a couple of years it will be. Failure in my experience isn't a linear process so we won't know for another year or so but the lack of a serviceable SSD could be a disaster for some people. 

I'm putting a 2TB SSD into a 2015 Macbook Pro today, extending the life of a beloved machine for a customer. I hope the new M1 machines can last a good ten years or more like the Retinas.  
    Yep. And no touchbar either, which I'm fine with, on balance. My creaking 2013 model has been largely wonderful but I hope the new stuff comes out as has been suggested. A maxed-out version should see me through most of the next decade
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires