NBD: New bike day!

What's Hot

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Dominic said:
    Love the speeds, great choice, I bought a curve GPS tracker for my bike as I have had 3 taken in the last 18 years (all due to lack of proper security on my part....... And thieving scum ) sold secure chain as well,
    Don't  chance it as the triumphs are hugely popular on the parts market. Especially the older ones, 
    I thought my 04 zx10r was gonna be fine as its so old, but no they chopped through chain and pushed it away all caught on cctv, 

I have gone away from full sports bikes recently., you just can't use the power on the road, but there's a lot of fun up to 70 so I bought a yam Trx850 it's a twin 850 engine in a sports frame, quite fast and totally unique ride, I prefer it to the super sports I have owned 

That's essentially a Japanese Ducati SS series .......they ride very well and you can get the power on hard as early as you like in a corner
    Exactly that. It's so usable on the roads, it's had some nice updates including dropping the forks an inch, full titanium remus system, k&n, etc the induction noise is sooooo addictive!

@zepp76 ah another man in the know, I hadn't heard of the trx until  2 years ago :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Although I have to say I do use the hypersports power on the road ........just careful where,when and how.You don't have to be going especially fast but you can't beat that exhilaration of a  lightning fast overtake from 20mph that only mega-power can give you.I did about 1500 miles in the summer on a friends Ducati V4S .......jeez ,that's quick
    Dominic said:
    Although I have to say I do use the hypersports power on the road ........just careful where,when and how.You don't have to be going especially fast but you can't beat that exhilaration of a  lightning fast overtake from 20mph that only mega-power can give you.I did about 1500 miles in the summer on a friends Ducati V4S .......jeez ,that's quick
    I'm just too worried about my license these days,  I have had some v close calls in the past, and looking back I should have slowed down way before I did :D  2010 170mph on the m6 at 4am.....not proud if that but...... It was fun lol, 
    I'm worried every time I go out ...........^ I know that feeling !
    Years ago I sat absolutely flat out on a Hyabusa for about 20 -25 minutes en route to Southern Europe somewhere between Lyons and Paris in the middle of the night until a Fox ran across the motorway about 40 meters in front and gave me a reality check.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18821
    Slight original topic deviation, but there's an interesting read here on the 270º twins like the TRX850  https://motofomo.com/motorcycles-270-degree-crank/
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Slight original topic deviation, but there's an interesting read here on the 270º twins like the TRX850  https://motofomo.com/motorcycles-270-degree-crank/
    I really don’t wish to sound arrogant but he’s got something a bit arse about face in that write up! A bit of a faux pas with the whole two exhausts meaning it’s a twin (why not edit that completely out) and explain there are a fair few single cylinder four valve bikes out there. But the thing that bugs me the most is the mention of the Triumph scrambler being their first 270 degree twin in 2006. The 790cc Triumph Speedmaster came out in 2002 and guess what…270 degree crank! It grates my cheese with uninformed write ups like that or maybe I’ve had too much coffee tonight!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    zepp76 said:
    I really don’t wish to sound arrogant but he’s got something a bit arse about face in that write up! A bit of a faux pas with the whole two exhausts meaning it’s a twin (why not edit that completely out) and explain there are a fair few single cylinder four valve bikes out there. But the thing that bugs me the most is the mention of the Triumph scrambler being their first 270 degree twin in 2006. The 790cc Triumph Speedmaster came out in 2002 and guess what…270 degree crank! It grates my cheese with uninformed write ups like that or maybe I’ve had too much coffee tonight!
    Definitely not arrogant in the slightest to call it out at all. I don't know about everything & didn't write it, so I'm happy to see it corrected.
    Also, I should have proof read it more thoroughly, my bad. 
    Bring it on, every day's a school day :+1: 
    zepp76 said:
    Definitely not arrogant in the slightest to call it out at all. I don't know about everything & didn't write it, so I'm happy to see it corrected.
    Also, I should have proof read it more thoroughly, my bad. 
    Bring it on, every day's a school day :+1: 
    Maybe I’m just a bit tetchy because I own a breathed on 865 Speedmaster!  =)
  • I had a TDM 850 and then a TDM 900.great fun and the even better news was the 900 did 65 to the gallon. The 900 was the bike I wish I’d never sold tbh. 
    ^ Described in Bike magazine at the time as an ideal 'hooligan tool' 
    I agree with him :D after owning nearly every type of bike and nearly giving up because I was just bored if them, this bike has on its own get me excited to go out again, nothing is conventional in how it feels, its hard to explain. 
    Well, I reckon I can safely say that I'll not be looking to buy a new Harley-Davidson this year either. Redefining fugly...
    https://www.lind.co.uk/news/new-for-2022-harley-davidson-world-premiere-
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Well, I reckon I can safely say that I'll not be looking to buy a new Harley-Davidson this year either. Redefining fugly...
    They honestly stopped being Harleys a long time ago I think except in name only.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Jeeez, some of those are hideous….those front fairings :s 

And yup @zepp76, HD certainly aren't the same company anymore. They might be assembled in the US but a load of their parts are made all over the world in places like Brazil and Thailand. 

^Yeah, it's complicated as someone once said...

"All Harley Davidson Motorcycles for the US Market are assembled in the US
    This is from observations here  https://enginepatrol.com/where-are-harley-davidson-motorcycle-made/
    So, what about the rest of the World, eh?

I don't have an issue with where anything is made, but I do get pissed off when you are sold a particular premium quality story related to the unique attributes relating to a car/bike/guitar brand made in a specific location with legacy history etc & then you then find it has all been just a load of marketing bollocks & you have just been stiffed fulfilled.

And breathe...  ;) :)
    Picked the bike up from the shop today and gave it a blast home. Fuck a doodle duck this thing charges like a raging bull! Love it and proper happy but need to find thicker grips, I have gert hands and it feels like I’m holding pencils.
    zepp76 said:
    Picked the bike up from the shop today and gave it a blast home. Fuck a doodle duck this thing charges like a raging bull! Love it and proper happy but need to find thicker grips, I have gert hands and it feels like I’m holding pencils.
    Nice! Nothing beats the first ride, are you considering changing the gearing? 
    zepp76 said:
    They honestly stopped being Harleys a long time ago I think except in name only.
    Depends how you define 'Harley ' 
    If you think Old Skool , Pan/Shovel head in a hard tail raked or bobbed frame with a 'black as yer hat ' paint job and Shimco tyres parked up outside an MC Clubhouse then Yes. But that was 1976 when cars had 4 gears and only one car in 5000 was automatic.
    Personally, having done that and got the chipped teeth and bruised kidneys I look back and think was it actually that great ,No !
    I think the culmination was the 1450 twin cam balanced engine of the late 90s - I've still got a '99 Road King bored out to 1550 with Andrews Cams and Mikuni 42 and twin sparked heads and it's a great machine.I've got a true -track on it to stiffen the frame and rides/corners fairly well for what it is.
     If you do get invited to a 1% Clubhouse these days what you will see parked outside in Club colours being minded by a few prospects is £30k worth of Street Glide with a 21" wheel and Gangsta dropped saddlebags,a CVO badge and 2 litres of fuel injected overhot engine running through £2,000 worth of Vance and Hines pipes .
    Maybe everybody gets older and wants a bit of comfort or things just move on.
    You see more interesting 'built not bought' ,and not all Harley,at a National Chopper Club rally.
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1514
    Saw a Harley coming through the village today.
    His plough fell off.