The Snyder Cut

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2668
    It's certainly amusing that Darkseid seems to be a cheap knock-off Thanos (because, of course, the original situation was precisely the other way round - Thanos literally was a cheap knock-off Darkseid).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5593
    DiscoStu said:
    Right, I'm an hour in and it's still the intro.
    It's basically a shit Avengers isn't it? Same bad guy arriving through the same portal chasing the same artifacts.
    The female is bad ass.
    There's a billionaire who builds weapons.
    There's even a longhaired beefcake living in Scandinavia who likes a drink.
    I'll stick with it but it feels so unoriginal. 
    The irony, of course, is that the DC versions of those characters were the originals...
    Aye maybe, but cinematically the DCEU has been playing catch up with the MCU since it started and could have went with a different story concept. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27674
    edited March 2021
    DiscoStu said:
    Right, I'm an hour in and it's still the intro.
    It's basically a shit Avengers isn't it? Same bad guy arriving through the same portal chasing the same artifacts.
    The female is bad ass.
    There's a billionaire who builds weapons.
    There's even a longhaired beefcake living in Scandinavia who likes a drink.
    I'll stick with it but it feels so unoriginal. 
    Dingdingding! Exactly 

It’s as if the DC/Warner producers haven’t grasped that movies need to have cohesive plots and that team-up movies only work when they are well written, connecting multiple already-loved well rounded characters. 

This one basically tries to introduce 3 entirely new superheroes (not including the grumpy-yet-boring old-Batman who himself has only been half of one fucking terrible movie), then does a weak job of those introductions, and then wonders why we don’t give a shit about any of them. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom