pedal board power supplies......

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333

I have a Cioks Pussy Power (same as a DC10), I love it but I do wish it comes with more splitter and Flex cables as standard.  The until has the potential to power a HUGE board but there just isn't enough cables to do it with.  You can in theory power 10 analogue pedals from one of the 100mA sockets but they don't make a daisy chain cable, the most is a 3 way flex cable.  I've emailed Cioks to ask if it is safe to put a splitter and then 2 x Flex to it so running 6 pedals through it and they say it is fine as long as it is below the mA.  So I don't know why they don't make such cable.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026

I have a Cioks Pussy Power (same as a DC10), I love it but I do wish it comes with more splitter and Flex cables as standard.  The until has the potential to power a HUGE board but there just isn't enough cables to do it with.  You can in theory power 10 analogue pedals from one of the 100mA sockets but they don't make a daisy chain cable, the most is a 3 way flex cable.  I've emailed Cioks to ask if it is safe to put a splitter and then 2 x Flex to it so running 6 pedals through it and they say it is fine as long as it is below the mA.  So I don't know why they don't make such cable.

Hey dude, I know it's an additional cost but you can get the extras:

I had to do it with my AC10, it's not ideal, but what's a couple of quid when you've already spent a fortune on the supply haha

joeyowen said:

Hey dude, I know it's an additional cost but you can get the extras:

I had to do it with my AC10, it's not ideal, but what's a couple of quid when you've already spent a fortune on the supply haha

Thanks Joey !!!! Well, not specifically about the flex as I know you can get them, I am just a little annoyed that it doesn't come with it for £180 to begin with...

But I thank you got that link in Thomann that it has the 9v to 18v booster....i never knew they do such a thing, you have freed up a socket for my PSU because of that.  I have been trying so hard to give each digital pedal its own socket to minimise any hum, I was using doubling two 9V to get 18V for the Colour box before, but now I can just use a single socket freeing up another one. 

Cheers !

any time dude, pays to be a nerd sometimes!
    joeyowen said:
    any time dude, pays to be a nerd sometimes!

You have basically saved me either having to upgrade to the Ciokolate, get another PSU or run the Strymons on wall carts.  Trying to be as neat and as cheap as possible !

Booster ordered and now I can have all digital pedals on its own isolated supply !

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1292
    @RaymondLin  ; Just be aware that (assuming I'm remembering my physics correctly) the voltage doubler adapter will also halve the current available (unlike using two isolated outputs in series). Make sure you will still have enough mA current to drive your digital pedals.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @RaymondLin  ; Just be aware that (assuming I'm remembering my physics correctly) the voltage doubler adapter will also halve the current available (unlike using two isolated outputs in series). Make sure you will still have enough mA current to drive your digital pedals.
    Yup, I noticed that and asked on TGP, none other than Josh from JHS replied who confirms 50mA will run the Colour Box.

I did check before ordering lol
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    You can daisy chain off the Cioks DC10 with no noise. I bought a bunch of leads from hotrox including a neg reverse power lead for a Soulbender. I had a load of pedals running off it and it was super quiet. How do you find the pussy power?
  • I'm very interested in the Pedaltrain Volto - basically a big rechargeable lithium battery. One less power lead to plug in, and no worries about noisy mains. If you happen to have a pedaltrain (I think the mini would do nicely for me), then the volto just sticks underneath.

Imagine keeping the thing charged....
    capo4th said:
    You can daisy chain off the Cioks DC10 with no noise. I bought a bunch of leads from hotrox including a neg reverse power lead for a Soulbender. I had a load of pedals running off it and it was super quiet. How do you find the pussy power?
    I like it, interesting paint job !

Great PSU but I keep thinking the Ciokolate would be more future proof, then again, it is almost twice as much money.

I just found this lead today, which means I could get the link series with the Pussy Power should I want to now !

Yep that would do it just email Paul if you have any questions his customer service is top notch
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited July 2014
    I'm very interested in the Pedaltrain Volto - basically a big rechargeable lithium battery. One less power lead to plug in, and no worries about noisy mains. If you happen to have a pedaltrain (I think the mini would do nicely for me), then the volto just sticks underneath.

http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/sanyo-pedal-juice.html 

capo4th;306010" said:
    Yep that would do it just email Paul if you have any questions his customer service is top notch
    Yep he really is!

capo4th said:
    Yeah, good idea, just in case.

I doubt I will need it though unless I have more Strymons but it would be a cheaper and also quieter solution than the Ciokolate as that has a fan inside.  And being something that lives on the floor, no doubt it'll be dusty too and we all know fan and dust don't mix well. 
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    edited July 2014
    1SPOT Rules! It will power 1700ma and is deadly silent. Previously had the Dunlop Brick which is not isolated so was noisy
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I'm pondering a power supply. The Hot Stone stuff gets good reviews.

What gear are you running off it?

I have a DC brick which you can try if you would like

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

mrn1989 said:
    1SPOT Rules! It will power 1700ma and is deadly silent. Previously had the Dunlop Brick which is not isolated so was noisy

Funny, I've only had noise when using mine to run delays in the loop, and other pedals to the front of the amp.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    mike_l said:
    mrn1989 said:

Funny, I've only had noise when using mine to run delays in the loop, and other pedals to the front of the amp.

Ah, the dreaded ground loop of despair. I ended up having to use two OneSpots (one for pedals in front, one for the loop) for this exact reason.
    Bidley said:
    mike_l said:
    mrn1989 said:

Ah, the dreaded ground loop of despair. I ended up having to use two OneSpots (one for pedals in front, one for the loop) for this exact reason.

I should have said daisy chaining from it with pedals in front and loop.

I got a few pedals loose all daisy-chained from a Boss PSU all up-front with no noise issues (shite playing excepted)