Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Finished Shots - Trini Lopez 335 ish Tribute

What's Hot
18910111214»

Comments

• Wow that is pretty cool. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Blimey, Andy... you've surpassed yourself here. Thats gorgeous. As the proud owner of one of your creations, I'm sure it'll be as wonderful to play as to look at.

Bravo!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmann said:
    Blimey, Andy... you've surpassed yourself here. Thats gorgeous. As the proud owner of one of your creations, I'm sure it'll be as wonderful to play as to look at.

Bravo!
    Thanks @impmann ;  :)

Can't wait to see the two together :)

• Thats incredible. 10/10, not enough superlatives, etc. I absolutely love it! 
  • Thats incredible. 10/10, not enough superlatives, etc. I absolutely love it! 
  • That's an amazing piece of work, Andy. Truly stunning looking guitar. Thanks for sharing photos of the build process - impressive and educational in equal measure! :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's an amazing piece of work, Andy. Truly stunning looking guitar. Thanks for sharing photos of the build process - impressive and educational in equal measure! :-)
    Thanks!  :)
  • For those following this thread I have now collected the guitar. NGD post to follow...

once again I would like to say thanks to Andy. I imagine I gave him a few headaches along the way and on occasion I liked to pause to make sure I was making the right decisions on various aspects of the build.
    He was a saint throughout and a really top man to deal with. 

I will have to see what craziness I can dream up for the next build, Floyd rose 8 string acoustic anyone? :-) 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27505

I will have to see what craziness I can dream up for the next build, Floyd rose 8 string acoustic anyone? :-) 
    It'd need to be fanned fret really.

Though Andy's (secretly) always fancied building one of these ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Absolute insane, amazing piece of work. Words fail me! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    TTony said:

It'd need to be fanned fret really.

Though Andy's (secretly) always fancied building one of these ...

Actually, @TTony ; - that is a really cool looking thing!

Hmmm...think what it would look like with a bit of ebony...   ;)