NGD - Cort G300

What's Hot
OffsetOffset Frets: 11654
Read various reviews of these. all glowing.  Couldn't resist for the price.  Just received mine from Peach in Vivid Burgundy.  Initial impressions are extremely good.  Fab fit & finish, nicely set up straight of the box and looks, ahem, peachy.  Haven't mastered the art of posting my own pics on here yet so for those of you unfamiliar, here's Cort's blurb:

https://www.cortguitars.com/product/item.php?ca_id=101020&it_id=1608597829&page=1&lanOk=eng

I'll post further impressions when I have time and I've fettled it a bit.
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    Nice. HNGD.

I bought a Cort 7-string earlier this year and I've been very happy with it. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11654
    Nice. HNGD.

I bought a Cort 7-string earlier this year and I've been very happy with it. 
    Cheers!  The more I look, the more I like.  Super quality, regardless of the price point.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    I bet it’s good. 
    I’ve got the G290LE and can’t believe the quality for the price they ask. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Looks really good. Must admit this is the first time I’ve looked at the Cort website.  Some really nice stuff.

• donbotdonbot Frets: 361
    Noice! They actually look crazy good. I'd be really tempted by a used one of those. It'd be nice to see a few more colours; maybe vintage cream or daphne blue... Anyway HNGD, congrats.
  • paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
    That is a damn fine looking guitar - congrats 
  • DaiganzenDaiganzen Frets: 101
    I have being eying that guitar for a while. Can we get a small update on what its like ?

Daiganzen said:
    I have being eying that guitar for a while. Can we get a small update on what its like ?

Yeah sure - just need to set some time aside over the next couple of days for a proper review.  Watch this space.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3546
    Interested in neck specifics e.g. meatiness
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It's no Ibanez fag-paper-deep shred neck that's for sure.  Cort describe the neck shape as 'Ergo-V' which gives you a bit of a hint as to what it feels like.  It's extremely comfortable in my pro-Fender hands - deeper than my Strat's 'C' profile neck (I haven't played a Fender 'soft V') but it feels reassuringly familiar.  Hope that helps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    I have a Cort MBC-1 and the neck is the best I've ever played . . . Hate to say it but it even pips my 62 AVRI Stratocaster and I never thought I'd say that . . . .  Cort make great guitars . . . 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• 60cycles60cycles Frets: 72
    Ever since the PRS collaboration, their products certainly appear to have improved; further that is, as even prior, they did have stuff worthy of consideration (relative to the pricing obviously).

Was really surprised to see that their flagship costs about <800euro down here, just a checklist of the specs alone would have made it prohibitive had it been made from a "US" manufacturer.
    edited May 2021
    I think the G300 is essentially the 24 fret version of the G290 (body wood aside). The necks are fantastic, the fretwork is flawless. 
    Here’s mine. 
    I’d choose this over my old core PRS any day of the week. 
    The pickups have been swapped for Suhr hhs+ and SSV. The 5 way was switched to a 3 way too. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    That looks great, I remember seeing the reviews of these. I'd be interested in comparing it to my Japanese AZ...I bet they're fairly similar! How much did it cost?
    That looks great, I remember seeing the reviews of these. I'd be interested in comparing it to my Japanese AZ...I bet they're fairly similar! How much did it cost?
    That question aimed at me or the OP?
    OK, I finally managed to set some time aside to have a proper fiddle.  Conclusion is it's a great guitar and if you'd given it to me with the maker's name masked on the headstock, let me play it for a couple of hours and then told me it cost £1500 new, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.  £749 for this is bargain of the year.  As I said at the top of the thread, fit & finish is flawless.  The fretwork is pretty much spot on.  The extremely dark roasted maple neck feels sublime and is lovely to play.  Really like the compound radius (never owned one before).  The SD pups are powerful but well defined and the 5-way switch allows you to dial in some nice Stratty tones in positions 2 & 4.  The trem returns to pitch and is semi-recessed so travels in both directions.  I've only played it through a Boss Katana Air thus far but plan to run it through a valve Marshall later.  The only fettling I need to do is add Schaller straplock buttons and take a file to the shoulders of the Tusq nut - it's a bit proud for me.   If you're considering buying one, pull the trigger - you won't be disappointed.  
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    lovely guitar - I've got one of the MBM-1s in Silver and it's the dogs nads!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    grungebob said:
    That question aimed at me or the OP?
    both really :) 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    That’s a helluva spec, congrats!
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    Excellent!