NGD - Cort G300

What's Hot

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    edited May 2021
    grungebob said:
    That looks great, I remember seeing the reviews of these. I'd be interested in comparing it to my Japanese AZ...I bet they're fairly similar! How much did it cost?
    That question aimed at me or the OP?
    both really  
    Lol.  I think new mine was £899 but I paid £590 used.  Sound effects have one like mine at £660 I think which after playing and owning mine for awhile I’d still be happy to pay. 

Edit. Just checked and the sound affects one is £599.  Do I need 2?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5753
    Not a bad word going around for these modern Cort guitars. Congratulations on a nice score 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11655
    dazzajl said:
    Not a bad word going around for these modern Cort guitars. Congratulations on a nice score 
    Cheers.  Very happy with it.  Nice to be unable to pick holes in a guitar you've just bought blind!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4172
    Two very nice guitars in this thread :)

I’m pretty sure that my Jackson and my Ibanez were both built by Cort, and I’m very happy with them.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• chris_johnchris_john Frets: 162
    Very nice looking guitar.  Cort seem to get more recognition outside of Korea then in their home land.  The G300 can be bought used for around £350 here.  I have played a fair few Cort guitars, and they have all punched well above their weight. 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Very nice looking guitar.  Cort seem to get more recognition outside of Korea then in their home land.  The G300 can be bought used for around £350 here.  I have played a fair few Cort guitars, and they have all punched well above their weight. 
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen a used G300 for sale
    John_A said:
    I'm in South Korea.  They cost around £480 new here.  Korean guitars are really good value for money, but Koreans would rather pay through the nose for American guitars.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    John_A said:
    I'm in South Korea.  They cost around £480 new here.  Korean guitars are really good value for money, but Koreans would rather pay through the nose for American guitars.
    That explains that then :). Bibimbap and cheap guitars, what a life !
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3449
    Congrats!
    Nice to have thread about a new guitar that isn't about making excuses for poor design choices or quality control (wrong bridge, poor finish, dodgy fretwork)
  • StratNutStratNut Frets: 48
    Very nice, happy NGD!  I bought the GT290 FAT and am very pleased with it.  Ludicrous value for money.  I'd buy the G300 if it were in a wider choice of colours than two.
    StratNut said:
    Very nice, happy NGD!  I bought the GT290 FAT and am very pleased with it.  Ludicrous value for money.  I'd buy the G300 if it were in a wider choice of colours than two.
    I get it.  There's only so many black guitars you can own so I went for the 'Vivid Burgundy'.  I must say it's really nice but a broader range of finishes (including an unpainted headstock) will undoubtedly be on the cards for the next season.
    StratNut said:
    I had the G290 for a while, but I ended up selling it. It was a lovely guitar, but I just wished the frets were a bit taller, and it came with single coils or HSS. 
  • Offset said:
    StratNut said:
    I get it.  There's only so many black guitars you can own so I went for the 'Vivid Burgundy'.  I must say it's really nice but a broader range of finishes (including an unpainted headstock) will undoubtedly be on the cards for the next season.
    Offset, I haven't gone for the G300 Pro yet because I've read elsewhere that there is a prominent 60hz (50hz in the UK) hum when the single coil positions are chosen.  Is that true with yours?
  • Looks brilliant
  • I bought @dazzajl ‘s Cort G290 Fat on a whim.  
    It’s actually a very nice guitar, though does weight a lot for a swamp ash body guitar 

Regardless, a fab guitar.   I bought it to donate it to a autistic lad, who’s a great musician, but I might enjoy it for a few month first.  

In a way, it reminds me a little of my old Ibanez RG750. Takes me on a trip down memory lane

StratNut said:
    Offset said:
    StratNut said:
    Offset, I haven't gone for the G300 Pro yet because I've read elsewhere that there is a prominent 60hz (50hz in the UK) hum when the single coil positions are chosen.  Is that true with yours?
    Hi @StratNut - no, I can't say I've noticed it but in fairness I've not played it cranked up through my main amp, only through a Boss Katana at modest volumes.  I still think I'd have noticed a prominent hum, but I'll wait until Mrs O is out later and give it a good twatting.  I've not heard of this issue elsewhere, and I researched the guitar pretty thoroughly before I bought one.  That said - watch this space for an update.
  • Thanks Offset.  I was thinking of buying one from Thomann (best price - £638) but their photos seem to show that the roasted maple necks are now 'normal' wood colour whereas all the reviews seem to show the necks as being a nice chocolate colour.  What colour is yours?  Perhaps after the first run they changed the colouring.
    Here's f/b and neck on mine:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    edited September 2021
    Cort make some fantastic guitars . . . :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    They do but they don’t half take a hit when you go to sell them. I had a Cort Sunset years ago - the one with the TV Jones pickups. It was a fantastic guitar that I regret selling.