13»

Comments

• Love that colouring!  Thanks Offset.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12514
    StratNut said:
    Offset said:
    StratNut said:
    Very nice, happy NGD!  I bought the GT290 FAT and am very pleased with it.  Ludicrous value for money.  I'd buy the G300 if it were in a wider choice of colours than two.
    I get it.  There's only so many black guitars you can own so I went for the 'Vivid Burgundy'.  I must say it's really nice but a broader range of finishes (including an unpainted headstock) will undoubtedly be on the cards for the next season.
    Offset, I haven't gone for the G300 Pro yet because I've read elsewhere that there is a prominent 60hz (50hz in the UK) hum when the single coil positions are chosen.  Is that true with yours?
    I can confirm there's no 'um 'ere.  Which makes sense given the wiring config.  

• maw4neu said:
    Cort make some fantastic guitars . . . :-)
    I think my Jacksons were made by Cort, and they are indeed fantastic :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    I have recently acquired a Cort G16Ltd and very impressed with it. I had actually seen the G300 a few times and am gonna get one at some point. I love that burgundy colour and the spec. 

I got my Cort out of the blue on a trade for an old Samick Semi which I wasn’t using. Not my usual cuppa, especially the colour, Java Sunset but it plays fantastically well and sounds great. Differently enough to my Strat to keep things interesting. 

Do you still have your G300? How you finding it, may I ask?
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12514
    Hi @blueskunk - I still have it yes, and it still gets picked up fairly regularly when I feel like something a bit different from my usual go-tos.  It's truly great for the money (it's great, period) and holds its own against many other more expensive guitars.  As I've said elsewhere, I was trying to scratch an itch I turned out not to have (ie, a superstrat) - but for £749 I'm going to hang on to it as it gives me a SS fret, roasted maple neck, SD HB option I wouldn't otherwise have.  Really recommended.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    Offset said:
    Hi @blueskunk - I still have it yes, and it still gets picked up fairly regularly when I feel like something a bit different from my usual go-tos.  It's truly great for the money (it's great, period) and holds its own against many other more expensive guitars.  As I've said elsewhere, I was trying to scratch an itch I turned out not to have (ie, a superstrat) - but for £749 I'm going to hang on to it as it gives me a SS fret, roasted maple neck, SD HB option I wouldn't otherwise have.  Really recommended.
    Ah, glad you are still enjoying. I am way past the days of “Logo Licking” and can see Cort are making some very nice alternatives to the big names. The one I have is HSS and different enough from my Strat to keep things fresh as it were. 

I really like the look of the G300 and the spec so at some point, I will get one. The more I look at the black one in classifieds, the more I talk myself into the black :)
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 852
    StratNut said:Offset, I haven't gone for the G300 Pro yet because I've read elsewhere that there is a prominent 60hz (50hz in the UK) hum when the single coil positions are chosen.  Is that true with yours?
    yes - but it's easily remedied.
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 852
    edited March 18
    Offset said:
    I can confirm there's no 'um 'ere.  Which makes sense given the wiring config.  

Actually, that's not true. There is very much 50Hz hum in the in between positions.

The In-between positions on this guitar combine both screw coils or both slug coils.

Screw coils are South polarity; slug coils are North polarity.

If you increase the gain on your amplifier in those in between positions, you will hear the hum.

Simple solution;
    Flip the magnet in the neck pick up (now you've reversed North and South)
    Reconnect the wires as indicated in the little diagram below
    Red + Ground wire to volume pot casing
    White to terminal 3 (and 4 & 5)
    Black and green to 1st rotor

IMG_9062.jpeg 136.8K
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 863
    edited March 18
    Edit: Sorry posted in wrong thread!

Another edit: No it was the right thread but I've just realised I was replying to some old comments and isn't really relevant :3