Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• A classic rock gig with The VYperZ at The Moor Top in Heaton Moor, Stockport. Quite fancy throwing a bot of Jimi in tonight. Just had "Are You Experienced?" come up on my playlist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8848
    This week it's the White Lion in Beeston. Apparently the road outside has been dug up to lay tram lines, so they are relying on us to attract customers
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Just for the record, last night went fine (apart from my band turning up an hour late, missing our soundcheck, and then we quite literally set the PA on fire when we played).

Oh, and the headliner kept her clothes on this time. However, said clothing was a PVC catsuit open down to her navel. Maybe I should try that at our next gig...definitely seemed to get her some extra attendees.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Today (Saturday) I will be performing at Buskfest in Yeovil (the whole thing starts at 10, going on all day), followed by a band gig at the George Reynolds Centre in Crewkerne.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8848
    Tonight's a private party for someone who saw us in a pub earlier in the year
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 681
    Tomorrow (Sunday) 4:30pm-6:30pm at The Three Horseshoes in Houghton near St Ives, Cambs - the Jon Kingsman Band playing a semi-acoustic motley collection of mostly non-standard rock & pop covers.
  • Tonight (Saturday), we're playing with my old band and a couple of others at the Voodoo Lounge in Stamford. It's shaping up to be cracking night :)
    <space for hire>
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    The Lobster Pot, West Malling...

...which is way, way, way over the Thames in darkest Kent so I'd better think about packing the car soon-ish. :-)
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16382
    edited September 2014
    Yep.Me. I am. Looks a right fecking dive but it's only my 3rd gig in 12 months so I'll mention I'm gigging for the novelty of it. :o3
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep.Me. I am. Looks a right fecking dive but it's only my 3rd gig in 12 months so I'll mention I'm gigging for the novelty of it. :o3
    @EricTheWeary you'll love it there ;-) proper classy place. There was an outside chance I'd make it, although it's started to look a bit doubtful.
  • Yep.Me. I am. Looks a right fecking dive but it's only my 3rd gig in 12 months so I'll mention I'm gigging for the novelty of it. :o3
    @EricTheWeary you'll love it there ;-) proper classy place. There was an outside chance I'd make it, although it's started to look a bit doubtful.

mmm. Not sure classy is how it came across in the description I was given, I do know where it is and it's not exactly a desirable area. Still, I'm not expecting posh. I think I'm just slightly annoyed that I'm spending Saturday night half a mile from my office!

mmm. Not sure classy is how it came across in the description I was given, I do know where it is and it's not exactly a desirable area. Still, I'm not expecting posh. I think I'm just slightly annoyed that I'm spending Saturday night half a mile from my office!

@not_the_dj went okay but the pub is basically the clubhouse for a local motorcycle club. We did our usual not play a song the same way twice routine.
    JayGee said:
    The Lobster Pot, West Malling...

...which is way, way, way over the Thames in darkest Kent so I'd better think about packing the car soon-ish. :-)
    ...and seems even further coming back after a late finish and escaping from the chatty staff. Quarter-to-Fricking-Four-in-the-Fricking-Morning before I made it into bed!

Good fun though.... :-)
    Just in the interests of keeping the thread visible...

Warwick Arms, Maldon.

...Yes, now you come to mention it we are quite a busy little band! :-)
  • FezFez Frets: 544
    Got a weird one this Saturday at a Womens Institute in Kent, could be interesting.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Finally gigging tonight after long 6 week lay off.
    With some of the guys being away plus my work trip to Falklands, it's been ages, so we had a practice on Wednesday to learn some new songs, and remind us what we actually play! 
    So tonight we are playing the the Dolphin Inn Ilminster, which if I am right I think used to be called the Frog and Slate, which was first gig me and singer did together in 1994.
    edited October 2014
    Fun one last night, it was a surprise Golden Wedding party for the drummers grandparents. We did it as a freebie because they're Nice People and added a bunch of extra of '60s/'70s stuff (Cream, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Kinks, etc) to the set list.

Not only was it great fun but someone passed a couple of pint glasses round and we came away with more money than we would for a paying pub gig.... :-)
  • paul_xtpaul_xt Frets: 86
    edited October 2014
    Every Friday and Saturday since March for me at every Haven park around the country (playing each one twice). Three weeks left and I'm all done! Can't wait to get to a footie game on a Saturday!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16382
    ^ I have been to a couple of Haven parks in the past. Hopefully never again.

Anyhoo, long, long story but farewell gig with the Damnbusters this Saturday. I did a farewell gig with them over a year ago but this is farewell for the whole band;my replacement having got pissed off and left in the interim. One rehearsal with half the band, I can't remember the choons and I'll be amazed if the bassist and singer don't have a fight. Not really sure why I'm doing it other than to be there at the death throws of the band I gave so much time to. C'est la vie.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    played a local Oxjam gig - no-one there, we started and finished early and I got home in plenty of time for Match of the Day, so it wasn't all bad :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister