Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10776
    edited December 2014
    Yeah the mill pond footage seemed staged somehow. :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm playing at The Caledonia pub in Liverpool tonight. We did the Cavern open mic night on Monday to try to drum up an audience! A man call Denz assured us he would come down and bring "loads of fanny". :)

Then tomorrow we are playing on a pop-up radio station in Chester at lunchtime, followed by busking the Xmas markets unless it is -2 degrees.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Stoke sub Hamden WMC tonight, full lineup for first time since beginning of August.
  • Then 10 till 5 on Sunday I will be working with Abbey 104 for Sherborne's Festive day, playing songs and having fun with locals. So if you are around come along and say hello!
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    We're at Night and Day Wednesday 17th December if anybody's out and about in Mancland?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

edited December 2014
    Had a fantastic gig at the O2 last night :)

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1644
    viz said:
    Had a fantastic gig at the O2 last night :)

Brilliant!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Blinkwatch tonight at Murphy's Bar in Leamington. 

Small cramped place, that'll hopefully be packed (this will be our 3rd time there).
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 929
    @lloyd Sorry I've only just seen your comment. Yeah, went pretty decent. We need to be a bit slicker (there were a couple of delays between songs), but not bad for a first outing. There were a few in the bar, and it seemed to go down OK.

Lowrise are playing Factory 251 tonight at 8:25. There's a few other band on the bill too. £6 on the door for anyone that's looking for something to do.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8849
    In the hope that I might meet one or two of you at some point:
    Saturday 20th, The White Lion in Beeston, near Nottingham
    Monday 22nd, The Golden Pheasant, in Chellaston, south of Derby

This weekend we will be introducing the Christmas kitsch, with seasonal songs and red hats
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Me, tonight! Yes! Radical Road pub in Edinburgh - one of three bands, some time between 9-12pm.
  • ***ing hell, viz... Are you a pro musician then? Playing with Basement Jaxx, doing ripping solos while in a gorilla suit, and playing at the O2 nonetheless!!! Jeez, amazing!!
  • BodBod Frets: 1345
    I'll be being dangerously close to average at The Boat House in Barrow-Upon-Soar, Leicestershire tonight.  I've been itching to play since I woke up!  Enough of this waiting around!!!!
  • We'll be playing at The Q Inn in Stalybridge tonight around 9.30pm. We've rehearsed a few Xmas numbers for the encores.
    @Bod. How did your Boat House gig go? I fancy playing somewhere that close to home.
  • BodBod Frets: 1345
    @Roland Yeah good thanks.  It's never a massive crowd, and most we seem to bring ourselves, but the landlord and lady are good sorts.  We play there every 2 to 3 months.

Last night was a night for gremlins though.  A crossover in the PA blew leaving us with one side working and our wedge monitors pointing forward to try and compensate.  Then my something occurred in my pedalboard causing it to blank out (loop was ok though), but just went straight into the amp.

We made it through largely unscathed though :)
  •  

Bod said:
    @Roland Yeah good thanks.  It's never a massive crowd, and most we seem to bring ourselves, but the landlord and lady are good sorts.  We play there every 2 to 3 months.

Last night was a night for gremlins though.  A crossover in the PA blew leaving us with one side working and our wedge monitors pointing forward to try and compensate.  Then my something occurred in my pedalboard causing it to blank out (loop was ok though), but just went straight into the amp.

We made it through largely unscathed though :)
    There's always something isn't there. The more gear you use the more there is to go wrong but, you have abetter chance of replacing something.
    ***ing hell, viz... Are you a pro musician then? Playing with Basement Jaxx, doing ripping solos while in a gorilla suit, and playing at the O2 nonetheless!!! Jeez, amazing!!

Thanks very much! - and no lol it's just a little hobby.
    There's always something isn't there. The more gear you use the more there is to go wrong but, you have abetter chance of replacing something.
    Always the case. One of the monitor channels on our desk has gone. We've got another desk, but don't really want to switch to it, and get the repair done, until the Christmas gigs are out of the way.  Then last night, one of the vocal monitors started whistling.
    Bod said:
    It's never a massive crowd, and most we seem to bring ourselves, but the landlord and lady are good sorts.  We play there every 2 to 3 months
    Let me know when you are next there and I'll come along
  • Playing at the Cross Keys in Llanduno tonight, expecting a busy one but you never know. Not looking forward to humping the PA through the drunken mob or making a space for the band to play....!

Also the debut performance for my new Takamine Cool Tube preamp, will be taking the old one just in case!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.