Guitar deal going wrong....Ian Elson Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• Benm39Benm39 Frets: 711
    It'd be better if Mr Elson switched to being a firewood merchant.

I'm utterly shit at woodwork but even I think I could turn out something better than these guitar shaped kindling.

I could understand if the guy has cashflow and stock issues such that customers were kept waiting but st least received a quality product but these just appear to be taking the piss plain and simple. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    spark240 said:
    So...Mr Elson has come though with an offer of repayment and has apologised profusley for the mess up.

Now...call me nuts ....again !....but Im going to give him the chance to put things right.

Ill update in due course, ...in the meantime thank you all for the input and the very generous offer to recoup my losses ;-)   
    Its like you're my straight man.

You are nuts again.  

This thread has many comment pointing to the substance of the chap you are dealing with and you appear not to be listening.  As others have said, hes clearly reading this and reacting to it rather than actually doing the "right thing".

Maybe….but you know I still hold some hope that there is an element of genuine intent , I might not be happy about the situation but I did instigate it, so I take responsibility for that, if there is a cost then so be it, but I’m not out to destroy a person, …his rep is out there for all to see, I didnt do my homework.,,bad decision.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11797
    spark240 said:
    spark240 said:
    So...Mr Elson has come though with an offer of repayment and has apologised profusley for the mess up.

Now...call me nuts ....again !....but Im going to give him the chance to put things right.

Ill update in due course, ...in the meantime thank you all for the input and the very generous offer to recoup my losses ;-)   

You are nuts again.  

This thread has many comment pointing to the substance of the chap you are dealing with and you appear not to be listening.  As others have said, hes clearly reading this and reacting to it rather than actually doing the "right thing".

Maybe….but you know I still hold some hope that there is an element of genuine intent , I might not be happy about the situation but I did instigate it, so I take responsibility for that, if there is a cost then so be it, but I’m not out to destroy a person, …his rep is out there for all to see, I didnt do my homework.,,bad decision.

You're demonstrating a generosity of spirit I'm afraid I couldn't find.
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 711
    As was once said "fool me once,  shame on you,  fool me twice, shame on me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1315
    Yer a good lad Sparky.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    Benm39 said:
    this is nothing without the accompanying video footage of Bush trying to get that saying out. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    Benm39 said:
    this is nothing without the accompanying video footage of Bush trying to get that saying out. 
    won't get fooled again!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2641
    I'll be a fool for your lovin' no more!

Oooh, do we not set sail on the ship of fools!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @spark240 Has the situation been satisfactorily resolved?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Offset said:
    Not yet…..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    spark240 said:
    Offset said:
    Not yet…..
    I have just made a diary note for a year from today to check whether that is still the case - I know what my money is on.
    Deary me...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    "Aw m8 stop pointing out to everyone I've got no morals and I'll try get some and sort this....... Nope it's too hard"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Another week gone by. I’m guessing there’s been no resolution @spark240 ?
    terada said:
    Ian's too busy fixing those Murphy Lab Gibsons.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Offset said:
    terada said:
    Ian's too busy fixing those Murphy Lab Gibsons.
    Two bad jokes in one sentence. Ouch.
    terada said:
    Nope...In reality its just been a couple of weeks, he's still franticly advertising on Facebook etc...so Im gonna give till the end of the month before deciding on the next move.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • viz said:
    spark240 said:

You are nuts again.  

I’m not so sure - Elson is just offering to take the guitar back and refund the money, that’s all that should concern the buyer, no?
    But he'll then just sell the guitar on to some other unsuspecting buyer ad infinitum.
    This guy needs to stop! 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    spark240 said:
    terada said:
    Nope...In reality its just been a couple of weeks, he's still franticly advertising on Facebook etc...so Im gonna give till the end of the month before deciding on the next move.
    Unfortunately going by the interaction rate on his Facebook posts no one is seeing them or no one cares. If you have to offer deals or discounts for new customers to sign up (or even competitions) you’re setting off on shaky ground. I really hope you get a resolution to this soon.
    @spark240 Spark, did you finally get this resolved in your favour?
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    I get the wanting to help and I would be the same. I've just one thing to add: Elson, do the right thing, you wanker!