What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23595
    edited August 2015
    boogieman;736263" said:
    Danny Dyer only does cockney gangster. What did you expect?
    Brain eating zombies which given that Danny Dyer and Craig Fekkin Fairbass were in the film the zombies went elsewhere for luncheon :)

I thought it was a bit better than most Danny Dyer/Craig Fairbrass films.  Mainly because they weren't playing cockney gangsters. Although they did slip into cockney gangster mode once or twice... I guess they can't help it.

Later that evening on the Horror Channel I watched The Gate, starring a very young Stephen Dorff.  Basically it's a kids' film, but far too scary for today's overprotected little milksops.  It was probably a bit scary for 1987's slightly-less-overprotected little milksops too, to be honest, otherwise it might be regarded as a minor classic.  Anyway, great stuff with some fantastic stop-motion effects.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Philly_Q;736417" said:
    TheBlueWolf said:

boogieman;736263" said:Danny Dyer only does cockney gangster. What did you expect?

Brain eating zombies which given that Danny Dyer and Craig Fekkin Fairbass were in the film the zombies went elsewhere for luncheon :)

I thought it was a bit better than most Danny Dyer/Craig Fairbrass films.  Mainly because they weren't playing cockney gangsters. Although they did slip into cockney gangster mode once or twice... I guess they can't help it.

Later that evening on the Horror Channel I watched The Gate, starring a very young Stephen Dorff.  Basically it's a kids' film, but far too scary for today's overprotected little milksops.  It was probably a bit scary for 1987's slightly-less-overprotected little milksops too, to be honest, otherwise it might be regarded as a minor classic.  Anyway, great stuff with some fantastic stop-motion effects.
    Devils Playground aside The Horror Channel has some pretty decent films on. Dead Heads was pretty funny and Husk was good too. Ive really got into Dark Angel as well and not just because its Jessica Alba :D

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401
    Lone survivor US War propaganda film but actually quite good
     I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23595
    edited August 2015
    @TheBlueWolf Yeah, since the Horror Channel's been on Freeview it's become my default place to go when there's nothing else on.  They don't show much I haven't seen before, except some of the really low-budget stuff, but I don't mind watching again.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9825
    The Machinist. Superbly acted and great photography (or whatever the movie equivalent is). Christian Bale on top form. However, did very little for me due to the poor plot. Might be me though as psychological dramas really aren't my thing, but wanted to give it a go though as had heard so much about it. I won't go into it too much here as don't want to spoil it for others.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Just set up KODI on Win 10 & a set up a good cinema surround sound system , watched Chappie Meh! robocop meets madmax, didn't care for it.

also watched Ex Machina , great visuals, same lame mad professor scenario (very similar plot  like the 70's film The Black hole with  Maximilian Schell) , It could have been so much better. audio system works great though.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5201
    edited August 2015
    I watched 'Inside Out' with my Daughter. The new Disney movie with the characters inside the heads of the main cartoon people...

'Twas all I could do to fend of a few tears at the end... I think I got away with it though :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    tone1 said:
    I watched 'Inside Out' with my Daughter. The new Disney movie with the characters inside the heads of the main cartoon people...

'Twas all I could do to fend of a few tears at the end... I think I got away with it though :)

It reminded me of reading the Numbskulls in The Beano as a kid. Stuart Little is the one for me, ruins me every time!
  • SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401
    Cop Car excellent
     I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
  • Sharknado, so completely crap it manages to be almost good!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    edited August 2015
    Suite Françoise. Apparently a true story based on a WW2 diary. French girl and German officer fall in love, but French girl is sheltering a man wanted for killing another German officer. Bit slow in places, but actually pretty good. 7/10.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Babadook. Made me feel quite uncomfortable which I suppose is the point, 7/10.
    Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll. Excellent stuff. Andy Serkis as great as ever. 9/10.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7366

Children of Men. 9.5/10

Never seen this before tonight. Wow. Harrowingly believable. Its not an "enjoyable" film but it is a damn good one. Cinema at its best. 

Love that film. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1401
    Lucy

Written and directed by Luc Besson. Quite good so a solid 6.97236/10
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2015
    Telstar. The Joe Meek story. Plays a bit loose with the truth in places but still pretty entertaining. Cameos from Justin Hawkins, Chas Hodges, and Clem Cattini.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10536

Train Wreck : Amy Schumer plays a promiscuous hard drinking women in a likeable romp of a movie

Spy : Susan Cooper leaves the safety of her desk to become  a real spy after the death of her favorite agent, quite funny in places  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12510
    Oblivion. Great graphics, Tom Cruise does his trademark staring into the distance thing a fair bit and Jamie Lannister is in it. Few plot holes but not bad overall.
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5422
    edited August 2015
    Mission to Lars. Documentary about an autistic guy who wants to meet Lars Ulrich
    I really enjoyed it.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    Watched I am Ali this morning, excellent documentary then watched Will Smith in Ali (2001) this afternoon which was pretty good.