What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• Jungle Book 2016.  Got a freebie from Sky and couldn't decide between the family what to watch and this was the compromise.  I thought I would spend the evening half an eye on the to whilst messing around on my iPad. However.  The film was really good - CGI with a decent storyline. Thoroughly enjoyed it ...8/10.
     then.... 
    A few hrs later watched The Drop.  TOm Hardy and James Gandolphini chewing up the scenery.  8/10 again 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Passengers.  So many plot holes it could be Swiss cheese. Still it looked good.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Saw Sully yesterday - bloody loved it. But then I love planes and Tom Hanks is just awesome so what's not to like!
  • "Autopsy of Jane Doe" with Brian Cox and Emile Hirsh. 
    Pretty good thriller/horror. It'd be your typical class B movie if not for decent acting and slightly different angle on paranormal/witchcraft subject. 
    Not bad 6/10
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Just watched this:

Pretty good!

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Rogue One

loved it…. awesome film
    play every note as if it were your first
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    I watched Absolutely Fabulous the movie the other evening and it was terrible. It's a shame because they had all the right ingredients to hand but it had such a lame plot and not at all funny.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73048
    Rogue One

Best Star Wars film since The Empire Strikes Back.

That is all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Deadpool. 

Didnt love it but it kept me engaged, superhero films tend to bore me and it didn't do that.Morena Baccarin still the most gorgeous woman on the planet, that helped. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6831
    Just watched "Nocturnal Animals". Dark and brooding, really interesting narrative devices and great performances! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23621
    Victor Frankenstein
    Tomorrowland: A World Beyond

Both, as far as I know, got bad reviews and tanked at the box office.  But I liked them both very much, especially Tomorrowland.
  • Rogue One
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73048
    Philly_Q said:
    Victor Frankenstein

Both, as far as I know, got bad reviews and tanked at the box office.  But I liked them both very much, especially Tomorrowland.
    I thought Tomorrowland was excellent too - although I can see why it didn't do well, as it was possibly a bit too deep for a kids' film and not enough for an adult one - Hugh Laurie wasn't quite the right baddie either.

Haven't seen Victor Frankenstein but I will now look for it on DVD...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864
    The Hateful Eight. Again.

Mrsf hadn't seen it, but I was happy to watch it again. I really like it.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23621
    ICBM said:

Don't expect too much, but it's a refreshingly different take on the story (even though the plot is full of holes if you stop to think about it).  It's all a bit frantic and some of the performances - especially McAvoy's - are well over the top but it looks good and feels nicely British, despite being Hollywood-funded.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12512
    ICBM said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Victor Frankenstein

I thought Tomorrowland was excellent too - although I can see why it didn't do well, as it was possibly a bit too deep for a kids' film and not enough for an adult one - Hugh Laurie wasn't quite the right baddie either.

I need to watch Tomorrowland again I think. I saw it on a long haul flight and just didn't get it all, but then it was the middle of the night and there were lots of interruptions. 
  • Rogue One. Loved it. 

Searching For Sugarman. Seen it before, absolutely love it. Best documentary ever? Probably. 
  •  Best documentary ever? Probably. 

I recommend "Story of O.J." and "Going Clear: Scientology" both produced by HBO. 

"Sugar..." though- great story and doc.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol. 

Just goes on too long although some of the set pieces are exciting. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3102
    edited January 2017
    Autopsy of Jame Doe, made me jump a few times, only 2 main characters, who kept the suspense going throughout, Quality actorage from Cox.  I pretty much predicted the ending, but worth a watch...7/10
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll