What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    Who Dares Wins is a favourite so-bad-its-good movie for me.  Lewis Collins auditioned for Bond around that time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15769
    I can never see Lewis Collins without thinking of the Comic Strip pastiche The Bullshitters. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Avengement.
    This has been on Netflix for a while and I always chuckled when I saw the thumbnail as it looks like an angry Adam Sandler. Turns out its an English low budget movie with a guy called Scott Adkins who I knew of from a Stuntmen React series by Corridor Digital on YouTube.
    Its a London gangster movie, guy goes to prison and comes out for revenge on the people who set him up, nothing special in the story but I watched it for the fight choreography which is great. The fight scene at the end in the bar is really good and you can tell they really put 100% into selling the hits and punches throughout the movie.
    An OK story, great fights and a bit silly in places but loved it for a bit of late night easy viewing
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Watched Official Secrets, last night..
    Keira Knightly et al.. quite interesting.. no stunts or car chases, and apparently quite true to life, which is a rare thing in the movies, I think..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5773
    usedtobe said:
    Watched Official Secrets, last night..
    Keira Knightly et al.. quite interesting.. no stunts or car chases, and apparently quite true to life, which is a rare thing in the movies, I think..
    It's a really good film, I enjoyed it lots.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12451
    Watched the Coppola film Rumble Fish with my son last night, its a great film, interestingly shot and sort of dreamlike, a bit Lynchian in parts, my son really enjoyed it being a film studies student. A very young Matt Dillon and a very charismatic Mickey Rourke. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1059
    Anyone seen studio 666? I watched the trailer and it looked kind of fun, it's about £13 to rent on prime though.
    Watched it last night. So long as you don't have high expectations you should like it. More gory than I was expecting, but it's done in a fun way. Drags a bit in places, 6/10. It will have less appeal if you're not into rock music and don't know who the cast are. There are maybe a few jokes that only musicians would understand too. I've seen worse.  
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12406
    Helpmates (1932) Laurel & Hardy short on Talking Pictures TV.  Even as a big L&H fan, I don't remember seeing this before.   Absolutely brilliant - I pissed myself laughing the whole way through.  Mrs O came home mid-screening and must have thought I'd been on the nitrous.  Just over 20 minutes of undiluted joy.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    Avengement.
    This has been on Netflix for a while and I always chuckled when I saw the thumbnail as it looks like an angry Adam Sandler. Turns out its an English low budget movie with a guy called Scott Adkins who I knew of from a Stuntmen React series by Corridor Digital on YouTube.
    Its a London gangster movie, guy goes to prison and comes out for revenge on the people who set him up, nothing special in the story but I watched it for the fight choreography which is great. The fight scene at the end in the bar is really good and you can tell they really put 100% into selling the hits and punches throughout the movie.
    An OK story, great fights and a bit silly in places but loved it for a bit of late night easy viewing
    Scott Adkins has made a lot of films in the last decade as a direct-to-video action star, and he's also been in some quite big movies as a bit-part heavy.  I haven't seen loads of his films but try Accident Man, that one is actually good, bordering on very good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 512
    Not a film as such, but finally got around to watching Hamilton on Disney + last night. Holy smokes, I was blown away by it! 
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Philly_Q said:
    Scott Adkins has made a lot of films in the last decade as a direct-to-video action star, and he's also been in some quite big movies as a bit-part heavy.  I haven't seen loads of his films but try Accident Man, that one is actually good, bordering on very good.
    Yes, spotted him in a few things, I'll look out for Accident Man. Avengement took me back to being a kid again, used to watch all the Jackie Chan films when my mum and dad went out, it wasn't for the story, just the action. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• BrioBrio Frets: 1935
    Quigley down under.
    Tom selleck, Alan Rickman, Laura San Giacomo.
    Sharpshooter Matt Quigley is hired from America by an Australian rancher so he can shoot aborigines at a distance. Quigley takes exception to this and leaves. The rancher tries to kill him for refusing, and Quigley escapes into the brush with a woman he rescued from some of the rancher's men, and are helped by aborigines. Quigley returns the help, before going on to destroy all his enemies.

And I loved every minute of it. 
    Helped by Laura San Giacomo being gorgeous but the top three players are brilliant.
  • alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 364
    Psycho Goreman.
    Power rangers with gore style buddy movie with a musical number and training montage. If I could give it more than 10 out of 10 I would but as I can't it's a solid 6 out of 10.
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3146
    Evan Almighty

Strewth. I know it's meant to be taken with a pinch of salt but there's so many questions to be asked. I mean, why bring a load of zoo animals and put them in the ark when the flood was just for a small district in Washington? There's still loads of lions out there in the world! 

And if a load of zoo animals appeared from nowhere and helped some mad congressman and his family build a huge ark whilst tigers played happily with the antelope, I would at least question that the 'mad bloke' with the long beard and staff might actually be onto something.

3/10 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24786
    Philly_Q said:
    Avengement.
    Accident Man was excellent. And was based on the comic strip in the “Toxic” comic.

Some elements from the comic, including the broken glass gun, made it into the film.
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3326
    Philly_Q said:
    Avengement.
    accident Man is cracking I also loved Avengement
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12451
    Scott Adkins is a bit of a B-Movie legend, seems to be his niche and he has a prolific output
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 352
    7500, can’t remember whether it was Prime or Netflix, but fabulous, very suspenseful plane hijack movie. Five stars!
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5773
    We watched Tommy Boy again over the weekend, since neither the wife or stepson had seen it. 

A decent family comedy and always a good laugh. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    Keiko said:
    Anyone seen studio 666? I watched the trailer and it looked kind of fun, it's about £13 to rent on prime though.
    Watched it last night. So long as you don't have high expectations you should like it. More gory than I was expecting, but it's done in a fun way. Drags a bit in places, 6/10. It will have less appeal if you're not into rock music and don't know who the cast are. There are maybe a few jokes that only musicians would understand too. I've seen worse.  
    Will put it on the to watch list.