New Fractal FM9 floor unit - looks good!

What's Hot

Comments

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    DavusPG said:
    Never going to complain about additional DSP.... but what's the higher price?
    Just had the email through. Shipping end of this month. 

£1999
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    Yup received my email too....weighing up whether I really need it or just carry on with the III

Only advantage is less to carry to and from the car, and although that would be nice, possibly isn't worth the aggro of selling my III and FC12

It's new gear though, so who am I trying to kid?! Of course I'll almost definitely buy one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4099
    Do I need to get one? 
  • ZappleZapple Frets: 83
    DavusPG said:
    Never going to complain about additional DSP.... but what's the higher price?
    £1999 delivered I believe 
    Do I need to get one? 
    Probably
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4099
    DavusPG said:
    Do I need to get one? 
    Probably
    Dammit,  I knew it. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6821
    Uk units are starting shipping on Monday from new G66 uk office.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10220
    I cancelled my order. I have the 3 with an Otter Quad pedal so I have 7 switches anyway, and I use it as an effects pedal with my BE50 and go FOH if needed. They said if I ever want it I'll go to the top of the list so it's all good.

G66 are great. 
    I sold my FM3 for more than I paid for it 12 months ago. I want to put guitar and vocals through it and FM3 wasnt powerful enough, the turbo should be fine for CPU power.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2149
    Got my email yesterday. 
  • I want one
    Has anyone received their FM9 yet?

Am still on the fence about whether to switch over from the 3 so any thoughts and first impressions would be appreciated 
    edited September 2022
    DavusPG said:
    Has anyone received their FM9 yet?

Am still on the fence about whether to switch over from the 3 so any thoughts and first impressions would be appreciated 
    First UK deliveries are being done today. Mine should be here in an hour, but expect sound to be the same as AxeFXIII in real world applications (ie minimal difference between Ultra res cab IRs, etc), Im hoping for less CPU issues than the half as powerful FM3 had, and more footswitches.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2149
    What’s everyone using for monitoring for live use?? 

I have one band where I can go straight to the PA with no issues. We have a monitor each. 

The other band is more reliant on back line, but the main PA is still good. Monitoring, however, is iffy. Need the others in the band to be able to hear what I’m doing. 

I have amps obvs, but I’m trying to get away from using it and using the FM9 for as much as possible so I extract maximum use and value out of it. 

For example, rehearsals, I’ll still have to take along my amp which is a bit of a pain. 

The other side is, that if I were to get an FRFR solution, I almost might as well just take my amp as it ends up being about the same size. 

I could feasibly go in ears with the band with loads of monitoring, so may do that at some point. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    It has arrived.

I will be using this with an EV PXM-12MP floor monitor or in-ears.
    Only had a quick play with it so far but it sounds the same as the Axe FX 3, but much more portable.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    It has arrived.

Only had a quick play with it so far but it sounds the same as the Axe FX 3, but much more portable.

Youve taken off the flimsy "screen protection" sticky tape from the scribble strips - you are obviously not american ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    mrkb said:
    octatonic said:
    It has arrived.

Youve taken off the flimsy "screen protection" sticky tape from the scribble strips - you are obviously not american ;)
    Yeah I don't know why they leave it there- it is only for shipping.
    Nerine said:
    What’s everyone using for monitoring for live use?? 

I have one band where I can go straight to the PA with no issues. We have a monitor each. 

The other band is more reliant on back line, but the main PA is still good. Monitoring, however, is iffy. Need the others in the band to be able to hear what I’m doing. 

I have amps obvs, but I’m trying to get away from using it and using the FM9 for as much as possible so I extract maximum use and value out of it. 

For example, rehearsals, I’ll still have to take along my amp which is a bit of a pain. 

The other side is, that if I were to get an FRFR solution, I almost might as well just take my amp as it ends up being about the same size. 

I could feasibly go in ears with the band with loads of monitoring, so may do that at some point. 
    We have 3 Alto TS310s across the front with individual mixes for monitoring and the bassist has a small cab. The drummer has in ears and an electric kit. Everything goes to our own PA.

Rehearsals we just use the PA

Home practice I play through a RedSound FRFR

• That EV 12 looks great. 

So tempted to get one but

£2000 fm9 turbo
    £900 EV 12
    500 hrs tweaking

Still need a board with wireless, expression pedals
    May want a backing frfr cab too

Decisions decisions

Does it really sound that good? 
  • /\ I'm watching these carefully and enjoying the write ups.

I LOVE my FM3 its probably the single best guitar related thing I have ever bought.

The sounds are epic. Valve amp lives in the cupboard now and hasn't been out since it arrived - and all pedals bar about 3 have been sold off and easily covered the cost of this thing.

I've been cool wit the DSP limits so far - although i reckon I could go over pretty easily if the facility was there which it would be with the FM9.

I've not used it other than with studio monitors - but I'm keen to get it sorted for use out and about - so a couple of Powered FR speakers are in my future. I'm erring towards the Redsound kit from G66 as they are so good to deal with as a company.

There are lots of great accessories available as well - like these for example: https://www.gearbyceba.com/axe-fx-international ;
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.