Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Fractal FM9 floor unit - looks good!

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    octatonic said:
    octatonic said:
    Some useful info:

Is the Axe3 fan cooled?
    Yep.
    That makes my wish list easier then.

cross it off.
    The FM3 andFM9 are also fan cooled. I suspect all the high powered modellers will be.
    Not the QC. Or the Kemper. Or the Stage. Oh and neither is the Helix. lol
    I said high powered ;)
    Lol. QC not got enough for you?
    nope lol.

the fans make no real difference.  There pretty quiet (unlike the original ones - that I put silent fans in).   shouldnt be a deal breaker at all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    I wish we could have a Fractal Gearfest :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2168
    I was holding out for a Quad Cortex, but this may have put a hold on that. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714

I went with the AFX3/FC12 over the FM3 primarily for the button count.  Had the FM9 been available/announced at the time I may have waited and just for the FM9.

There will be some who keep the FM3 for the footprint, but the FM9 is a more cost effective floor based AFX3/FC12 rig, which is where the vast majority of user needs will fall.  

I had the decision between FM3 plus FC6/12 or the AxeFX III plus FC12. There were a couple of things which swayed me towards the more expensive option. 

Anything which sits in front of me is vulnerable at a pub gig. Over the years there have been beer, drunken bodies, and thieving fingers. So I prefer to keep any electronics off the floor, and minimise the number of cables too and from. My Boss GT8 set up was probably the worst for this, with vulnerable DC power supply and its thin cable, and 4CM with the amp.

The AxeFX III allows me to connect more devices. I manage the band’s lights through the AxeFX from my pedalboard. In bands without a keyboard player I’ve used a guitar synth for pads. 

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Here's a comparison video between the FM3 and FM9

edited October 2021
    Anyone selling an FM3, I've a WTB for one in the Classifieds so please get in touch - Thanks Ignore now
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6870
    I noticed @JohnCordy has one on youtube. Whats your thoughts? How did you come to get one?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    @mrkb I asked if I could borrow a loaner for some videos.

I'm quite impressed as twice the power of the fm3 seems to me to be enough to handle pretty much anyone would chuck at it?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    JohnCordy said:

I'm quite impressed as twice the power of the fm3 seems to me to be enough to handle pretty much anyone would chuck at it?
    Yes - certainly seems to be the sweetspot of portability, flexable footswitches and CPU power. I put my name down on the waitlist within an hour on announcement, hence why Im interested in when G66 gets them in stock.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10237
    mrkb said:
    JohnCordy said:

Yes - certainly seems to be the sweetspot of portability, flexable footswitches and CPU power. I put my name down on the waitlist within an hour on announcement, hence why Im interested in when G66 gets them in stock.
    Yea mine was within a few hours so I’m hoping I’ll get mine in the first batch but who knows. 
    Doesn’t look good on Europe availability for the next half year - from Admin Matt on the Fractal forum.
     We're closing in on the end of this first phase so we've had to slow down invites to avoid accidentally overselling. 
    Within about a week, I think we'll be out of units until we can resupply -- now expected to be in February or March. 
    I'll post an update when that happens. ”
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10237
    mrkb said:
    Doesn’t look good on Europe availability for the next half year - from Admin Matt on the Fractal forum.
    ” We're closing in on the end of this first phase so we've had to slow down invites to avoid accidentally overselling. 
    Within about a week, I think we'll be out of units until we can resupply -- now expected to be in February or March. 
    I'll post an update when that happens. ”
    Last week Sussi told me it'll be around Feb for EU/UK supply. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    edited November 2021
    That makes sense to me. Sell the first batch. Get user feedback, and make any necessary changes before committing to the next batch. Someone at Fractal Audio said that the first batch would be Continental US only to make any returns and investigations easier.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    edited November 2021
    Tim Pierce has just done this video on it but it's not much of a demo and more about who uses it and a basic overview

Soon!

Dear (future) FM9 Owner,

We are pleased to inform you that we are expecting a large FM9 shipment for Europe in August, and that you are among those to receive a unit from this shipment. 

We will contact you again in time before your FM9 is ready to arrange the details.

Until then, we wish you all the best and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

Sussi

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    mrkb said:
    Soon!

Dear (future) FM9 Owner,

We are pleased to inform you that we are expecting a large FM9 shipment for Europe in August, and that you are among those to receive a unit from this shipment. 

We will contact you again in time before your FM9 is ready to arrange the details.

Until then, we wish you all the best and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

Sussi

Had my email today too!
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl... if my presets translate without using too much CPU then the end could be in sight for my AxeFX3.... one less thing to carry into gigs!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9552
    Anyone got one ?
    Been upgraded to 10% more DSP for this batch (FM9 Turbo) - so that explains the higher price. Should be shipping in a week or twos time.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    Never going to complain about additional DSP.... but what's the higher price?