Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who was the coolest looking musician for you as a teen?

What's Hot

Comments

• Boromedic said:
    Yeah, but was he second hardest in the infants????
    Ronnie Pickering was the hardest
    Who?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4439
    Not a musician for me. 

When I was a teen it was all about Michael Caine in the Italian Job, and this suit...

Although his right sleeve is either slightly too short, the cuff on his shirt is slightly too big, or it was cut to wear with a watch, and he's not got one on.

Anyway... Beautiful!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73622
    CHRISB50 said:

When I was a teen it was all about Michael Caine in the Italian Job, and this suit...
    I don't think anyone has ever looked cooler in a suit than Sean Connery.

That said - and despite my love of Duran Duran and early-80s Roxy Music, I look stupid in a suit, so it wouldn't 'suit' me...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19983
    edited October 2021
    ^  I think I might agree, except for Cary Grant in 'North by Northwest'.
    Also (pedant alert) Connery is wearing a jacket & slacks  ;)

https://www.grailed.com/drycleanonly/cary-grant-north-by-northwest-style

Style in film North by Northwest  Classiq
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13078
    If we're extending it beyond musicians, then this.  No-one was cooler.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19983
    @Offset  Fair point.
    Although you might squeeze Steve McQueen in here anyway  :)

Picture of Steve McQueen
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24392
    Oh god, it's turning into GQ...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4439
    Philly_Q said:
    Oh god, it's turning into GQ...
    Sorry! 

Lets get back on topic fellas!! 

Musicians...

If I had to pick someone probably Steve Craddock from OCS days. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Boromedic said:
    Yeah, but was he second hardest in the infants????
    Ronnie Pickering was the hardest
    Who?

Ronnie fucking Pickering!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3236
    Kate Bush.

I fell in love with her eyes on Army Dreamers, and then started to notice lots of other things about her as my teens rolled on. To me she had it all, even with the sound turned down.

Blokes
    I suppose Sid Vicious was the first one who woke me up to scruffy being cool. We were as poor as church mice so that look was achievable. A little before my teens though. Dammers was pretty cool on keyboards playing 'Gangsters'.  Prince as I got older, he could pull the chicks, sing, act, play the guitar, pretty darn cool really.

• NPPNPP Frets: 236
    Hendrix (who was 15 years dead by then), Keef (who's the age of my mum) and Muddy Waters. I was a strange teen, or the 80s were a strange time. 

• HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1019
    Offset said:
    If we're extending it beyond musicians, then this.  No-one was cooler.

When in England (presumably filming), he used to go riding with my dad!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1202
    edited October 2021
    This thread has made me realise I’m so out of step with most people in this community. That’s my problem, not anyone else’s, but it is quite thought provoking. Still, I do love guitars, so that’s good. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24392
    camf said:
    This thread has made me realise I’m so out of step with most people in this community. That’s my problem, not anyone else’s, but it is quite thought provoking. Still, I do love guitars, so that’s good. 
    @camf That's cryptic!  So who do you think is cool?  I say that out of curiosity, not to be argumentative.
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Can’t believe no one’s said this yet (or I’ve missed it).  But growing up in 80’s Lanarkshire it could only be Bruce Springsteen. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10187
    The Strokes for me, mostly. I was 16 when they came to the fore and prior to that all the music scene seemed to be nu metal or bed-wetter post-Britpop neither of which were cool or stylish. I still basically dress like this especially when I'm trying to look hip or cool:

Not so much a style I (or basically anybody) could pull off however my absolute hero, and therefore my favourite coolest person in general ever would be....

Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
  • camfcamf Frets: 1202
    Philly_Q said:
    camf said:
    @camf That's cryptic!  So who do you think is cool?  I say that out of curiosity, not to be argumentative.
    I wasn't really trying to be cryptic. I just naively thought that my own teenage icons might be better represented on here, but not one of them has appeared so far. I was just surprised, in that way when you assume your own influences would be sure to be shared by other people in your generation. Over the years, when I've been asked about influences or people I've admired to aspired to, I've always pulled out the same half-dozen names but nobody has mentioned any of them. I'm not going to list them because I'm interested to see if any of them eventually pop up. 
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    Slash all day