Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Latest flu vaccine: anyone had any side effects?

What's Hot

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    Snags said:
    I felt like I was in the early stages of flu the day after, but it cleared in 24 hours.. 
    Same here, and it’s the first time I’ve reacted to a flu jab. Either I’m getting old or this year’s jab is markedly different to what I’ve got antibodies for.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    Interesting - I had my flu jab last week, but the nurse also gave a a pneumonia jab at the same time. 

I felt OK on the day, apart from 2 sore arms, but the next day I felt dreadful.  I went to bed early and then couldn't sleep all night, although I don't recall having a high temp.

I don't know if that was the flu jab or the combination of both on the same day.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    No effect at all, no achy arm, no soreness at injection. Literally nothing!

Same as last year ....
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    Nitefly said:

I don't know if that was the flu jab or the combination of both on the same day.

I don't think it would be the combination. They do test all that sort of thing extensively. Probably one or the other.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11625
    Anecdotal evidence emerging that the Pfizer jab can lead to arthritis - in the one case I know of, in the hands.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    edited October 2021
    No flu jab side effects for me.

Interesting @Nitefly mentioned the pneumonia jab, I've never been offered one but a guy in work told me he'd had one.  He said the actual jab process was painful.  He reckoned it was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but I'm not sure if that's right.
    Offset said:
    Anecdotal evidence emerging that the Pfizer jab can lead to arthritis - in the one case I know of, in the hands.
    Eric Clapton?
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    edited October 2021
    Philly_Q said:

Interesting @Nitefly mentioned the pneumonia jab, I've never been offered one but a guy in work told me he'd had one.  He said the actual jab process was painful.  He reckoned it was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but I'm not sure if that's right.
    @Philly_Q I'd never heard of the pneumonia jab either, but the nurse said all folks over 65 are eligible for it.

I looked it up when I got home, and it is a one-in-a-lifetime for most BUT anyone with a compromised immune system should get a booster every 5 years.

*edit* Everyone over 65, she said, but this is the first I'd heard of it and I'm 72!  Also it wasn't offered to Our Maud, although she's 68 - no consistency!?

• I got my covid booster and flu jab at the same time, felt absolutely fine afterwards. Definitely fewer side effects than on my initial vaccines. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    mrkb said:
    viz said:
    I barked for about a day. Normally I cluck, so that was odd. 
    Did it affect your chicken picking?
    Were you feeling dog rough?
    No, he was feeling fowl.

• rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    No side effects at all after my flu jab.

The pharmacist did say that flu like symptoms could possibly happen for a day or two after the jab so I guess I was one of the lucky ones.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    I seem to have dodged any reaction - jabbed yesterday, nothing to report 
    Red ones are better. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    I handled the jab just fine, I felt the right cross was a bit uncalled for.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7027
    tFB Trader
    Had mine earlier today, so far so good
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    octatonic said:
    Had no side effects.
    Same. Had my wed night and all fine. Same for the wife
    Nitefly said:
    Philly_Q said:

@Philly_Q I'd never heard of the pneumonia jab either, but the nurse said all folks over 65 are eligible for it.

I looked it up when I got home, and it is a one-in-a-lifetime for most BUT anyone with a compromised immune system should get a booster every 5 years.

*edit* Everyone over 65, she said, but this is the first I'd heard of it and I'm 72!  Also it wasn't offered to Our Maud, although she's 68 - no consistency!?

@Nitefly thanks for the info.  My work colleague isn't over 65 - I think he's early 60s - but he had a heart attack a couple of years ago, maybe that's why they offered him the pneumonia jab.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7027
    tFB Trader
    Had mine earlier today, so far so good
    Day after and no side effects for either me or Mrs R
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    Had my flu jab yesterday morning…..was interested to see what effect it may have, but up to 24 hours later, the slightly stiff arm is all. I was hoping to get the C19 booster concurrently but I’m still 4 weeks away from being eligible apparently. That’s not what the Doc told me however, but when trying to book it online I wasn’t able to. 

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • TTony said:
    BillDL said:
    It's because of the tracking microchip they embed into your body so that you are more receptive to 5G, or something along those lines.
    I think you're probably joking about that,  but I've found I have to plug myself in to recharge more frequently since the jab.

No side effects.    Didn't have any reaction to the Covid jabs either.    Maybe I'm getting bad jabs ...
    I had different problems, cos the chip isn't Mac-compatible.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11891
    felt a bit crap for a day or 2, more so for Mrs

I thought that feeling shite after a vaccination means that you had some immunity already, so hardly a bad sign