Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Latest flu vaccine: anyone had any side effects?

What's Hot

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6237
    Ossyrocks said:
    We had ours at midday yesterday.

Both ok for the rest of the day, but then Mrs Rocks had a bad nights sleep, found her in the spare room this morning. So, I wasn’t feeling anything much at all until midday today and now I have a mild headache and feel tired. She feels a bit nauseous. Hope that’s it, but we should know tomorrow.
    I had the flu in 2016, spent nine days in which I didn’t even get dressed, 6 days straight with a 40 degree temperature and lost 10 lbs in weight. Never again.

Rob
    Yep, it always makes me smile when someone says they've had a "touch of the flu". Flu doesn't do 'touch', it steamrollers through you. I had it back in 1999 and never, ever want to have to go through that shit again.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12508
    We had our jabs last Saturday.  Both felt fine, but then on Tuesday this turbo-cold I thought I'd finally shrugged off a week or so previously returned with a vengeance and I've been laid seriously low with it since.  Really bad cough which now hurts my diaphragm so did a PCR test, which was negative.  Because of the gap between the flu jab and the lurgy, I don't think they're connected.  It's just some seriously vile bug which seems impossible to fully shift.  This is the end of week six since it first hit me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4761
    None at all.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 372
    None for me either,  The nurse told me that the ‘jab’ would cover 3 variants and next year it would be 3 different variants and so on…. So as you get older you should get better immunisation protection.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11422
    I've got my flu jab booked for Tuesday morning. I had a text earlier today telling me that it will be a telephone appointment.

Should be interesting...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12337
    I bought a lot of John Carpenter films on Blu Ray I'll probably never watch a few days after my jab.

Might be connected.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23584
    I bought a lot of John Carpenter films on Blu Ray I'll probably never watch a few days after my jab.

Might be connected.
    You've probably seen them all before anyway though?  At least now you have the Blu-rays to fall back on.
    Philly_Q said:

Might be connected.
    You've probably seen them all before anyway though?  At least now you have the Blu-rays to fall back on.
    Oh yeah - some not for years though.

Powerhouse films have a sale on a lot of their "Indicator" range.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Had the covid booster and flu jab (yesterday) within one week. No side effects whatsoever, apart from the injection site being a bit sore.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23584
    edited October 2021
    @darthed1981 Way off topic, but thanks for mentioning that, I've just placed an order. 
    Philly_Q said:
    @darthed1981 Way off topic, but thanks for mentioning that, I've just placed an order. 
    You're very welcome :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11422
    Had a flu jab this morning and was offered, and accepted, a pneumonia jab as well.

Left work a bit early as I was feeling a bit shit. The pneumonia jab doesn’t seem to come with side effects so I presume it's the fault of the flu jab. The bastard. 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3889
    Been totally wiped out today by my flu jab. 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1401
    Had flu and covid booster. Feel proper shit today. 
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6268
    Had flu jab yesterday, Went to a gig last night, late in, up at 6 for the gym this morning. Felt fine & gave it big licks.

Come midday I felt wrecked. Couple of paracetamol and a few hours later I think I am on the mend. Fingers crossed.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12093
    equalsql said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    We had ours at midday yesterday.

Both ok for the rest of the day, but then Mrs Rocks had a bad nights sleep, found her in the spare room this morning. So, I wasn’t feeling anything much at all until midday today and now I have a mild headache and feel tired. She feels a bit nauseous. Hope that’s it, but we should know tomorrow.
    I had the flu in 2016, spent nine days in which I didn’t even get dressed, 6 days straight with a 40 degree temperature and lost 10 lbs in weight. Never again.

Rob
    Yep, it always makes me smile when someone says they've had a "touch of the flu". Flu doesn't do 'touch', it steamrollers through you. I had it back in 1999 and never, ever want to have to go through that shit again.
    I'm sure that lots of people are unaware how many people die from the flu, and think that only covid kills people

Have you guys had your pneumonia vaccine? That kills plenty of people too
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 881
    Had mine the other day, bit shivery during the night and a bit sniffly the day after but then nothing. Least painful injection I've had so far as well.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2043
    Had mine this morning and the arm is already deader than Che Guevara. I hadn't booked it because of the ineptitude of my GP centre, but rang a local pharmacy and they said 'if you're free now just pop in, we'll stab you up'. A moment of of serene simplicity in an otherwise complicated world. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• SnapSnap Frets: 6268
    Feeling a bit rough today. Generally like I've got a cold. Bit of a sore throat and general fatigue. Slight feverish as well. Slept really well last night too, out cold.
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3737
    edited November 2021
    Well.. I haven’t had flu since