Anyone had a set up from J White Guitars in Ash Vale?

What's Hot

Comments

• idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1465
    I’ll give myself a break from frustrating Imgur and await your thoughts on this, before I tell the stories of the necks…
    I'm not sure I want to read it. This thread is now like some slow reveal horror story and I get the sense things are going to get a lot worse.

Whatever mess has been made of your guitars, I hope that you will be able to get them successfully restored by a competent repair person.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EduardoFalicioniEduardoFalicioni Frets: 106
    edited June 9
    What a travesty!!! 

I feel physically sick thinking about it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1569
    That is horrific on so many levels….
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1588
    So weird. Nothing but five star reviews on their Google page. Surely they can’t be so incompetent?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 14
    So the neck inserts… I spoke to them at length at the consultation, where I felt spoken over and ignored at times - sentiments clearly shared by others here…
    edited June 9
    One thing I was keen on, was that they used the drill bit as recommended and supplied by Monty’s, and countersink the holes, before the installation of the 12 No. threaded neck inserts, across my three guitars.

Clearly the holes drilled were too tight for the inserts, and they did not countersink the drilled holes… let me show you the brand new £7k blonde b bender telecaster that I hadn’t even plugged in yet… all 4 screws are pissed in both axis…
    edited June 14
    Yeah they didn’t bother to countersink…

edited June 9
    My heart sank when I discovered the inserts were all wonky in both the x and y axis, all installed to varying depths, the wood chipped and damaged, and the screws don’t even all screw in to a uniform depth…

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3452
    Oh my. That’s bad.
    edited June 14
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 14

edited June 14
  • Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 324
    That’s some of the most incompetent work I’ve ever seen. Blows my mind quite honestly. The way I see it he owes you replacement guitar costs. Surely he has some sort of insurance that would cover this kind of eventuality?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 14
    They then had the unbelievable audacity to tell me that they’d been satisfied with the work, and that I (a master qualified civil engineer with 20 years in industry) simply didn’t understand the complexity of the work, so the error was in my miscomprehension!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 14
    That’s some of the most incompetent work I’ve ever seen. Blows my mind quite honestly. The way I see it he owes you replacement guitar costs. Surely he has some sort of insurance that would cover this kind of eventuality?
    I used a precious days annual leave and made the 120 mile round trip, for a summit on thursday gone… they told me that they are under no obligations to replace my guitars, and will only repair them.

I have zero faith in their competence to do anything!!!

of course they blamed Monty’s inserts… they’re too short… there’s not enough threads… the threads aren’t broken… there’s no flange at the top of the inserts… the inserts aren’t tapered… 

Oh and “…they didn’t come with instructions’ !!!!!

they claim that chipped out and lifted wood is in fact just hard nitro lacquer that has chipped 

(Do they think I’m f’ing stupid!!!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 14
    Some of my favourite quotes from them:

“We feel in this case our customer’s lack of understanding and appreciation for the job at hand is lacking (but we wouldn’t expect the customer to appreciate or understand fully the job at hand)”

”This is not a simple task of drilling a hole and putting a plug in it”

“Given the parts that you provided to us to fit (with no written information/instructions), I believe we completed the job more than adequately”.

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7027
    Wow.

Yeah so if we are taking a vote on this I'd far prefer we discuss this sort of service on here than keep it all quiet to keep some 'professionals' sweet. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 9
    I haven’t even got to telling you all about the neck inserts on the sunburst b bender…

Fender won’t supply me with a replacement neck for my blonde b bender tele at any cost; stating that they cannot help with anything that isn’t a warranty claim 
    edited June 14
    I’m happy to show you all the state of the inserts fitted to the neck of the sunburst b bender tele; but I don’t want to bore you if you already get the picture.

i feel so helpless - they flatly refuse to replace my instruments.

as far as I am concerned, they are irreparably damaged… any ‘remedial’ work is just damage limitation aesthetically as far as I’m concerned.

I don’t even want these guitars now, there is so much negativity and sadness associated with them, and they will never be the same again.

the blonde b bender tele was birthday present off my partner, for all the support I’d given her through serious illness. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 14
    So weird. Nothing but five star reviews on their Google page. Surely they can’t be so incompetent?
    It might be that a lot of people whom go there, are starter / less experienced players whom don’t know any better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom