Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    Offset said:
    mark123 said:
    stonevibe said:
    Rub cat piss on it  ;)
    how do you get rid of cat piss smell?
    Smear it with fox shit.
    And if that smell is overpowering it can easily be removed by blowing cigarette smoke over it. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Some manly aftershaves smell of tobacco and they guarantee sexual virility and make you irresistible to the opposite sex,
    I'd be trying to increase the smell of tobacco on everything I own.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    drofluf said:
    Offset said:
    mark123 said:
    stonevibe said:
    Rub cat piss on it  ;)
    how do you get rid of cat piss smell?
    Smear it with fox shit.
    And if that smell is overpowering it can easily be removed by blowing cigarette smoke over it. 
    Its the painting the Forth bridge senario...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18776
    rhinofeet said:
    I had a stinking Peavey backstage and bombed it with all kinds of air fresheners and soap and baking soda etc. Didn't work. Eventually I covered it in hand sanitizer gel and left it in the sun, smell was gone in an hour. Not sure how this will affect you let guitars finish though
    @mark123 lives in Sunderland man. Leave a guitar in the sun (or even in a van) & it'll be gone before the smell...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11710
    You could try spraying this in your guitar case - not sure if it would be safe to apply directly to the guitar but you could test a small tucked-away spot.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12329
    If you can figure out how to burn Joss sticks in the case without burning it do that, then they might not burn due to lack of oxygen.I don't know what you should do.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Jet wash
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    No case just the guitar , it was going to go outside in the back garden on a stand but belting down now , had hailstones ! .
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4163
    If you can figure out how to burn Joss sticks in the case without burning it do that, then they might not burn due to lack of oxygen.I don't know what you should do.
    I had a Marshall valvestate  I bought on eBay that reeked of mood . I cleaned it all over with wipes
    sprayed the speakers inside with dry hair shampoo spray . I then put incense cones in every night ,two or 3 and burned them . It was also left in the sun . After a week of incense burning  the mouldy smell was gone and I could sleep in the same room as the amp 
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1263
    edited July 2023
    I don't smoke, but I like the smell of second hand cigarettes. Something comforting about it... 
  • cbakaycbakay Frets: 67
    There will still be radiation in Chernobyl by the time the cig smell is gone. You can try to mask it though - music nomad's polish has a nice smell and may rid the outer layer of gunk that's holding some of the smell. Also will have to change the case...