Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gibson SGs

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• All of them bend sharp when you rest your picking arm on them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2899
    edited January 2022
    Exorcist said:
    I never get on with full fat LP's, but the midrange bark of a good SG just works for me.
    I've grown to really enjoy that midrange bark  still love that "full range" LP thing but the SG fits really nicely in a heavy mix, like it's already a bit high/low passed in a way. 

All of them bend sharp when you rest your picking arm on them
    How hard are you gripping the neck?! This just doesn't happen with mine. I don't know if the thicker neck helps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27056
    Yeah, I like that SGs let you wobble them a bit. They don't do it much though, unless you're a bit nuts about absolute perfection in tuning, which is daft in a rock & roll setting. 

I agree on the "bark" thing. They friggin howl in the right circumstances.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    Exorcist said:
    This is my 92' SG Custom (67RI) - I have been tempted to sell (if anyone takes an interest.) I also have a 62 Special, I absolutely love SG's - I never get on with full fat LP's, but the midrange bark of a good SG just works for me.
    Pm sent
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    @Bigsby the railhammers were pretty good in the SG tonight, not as fat as I'm used to but very clear. I really missed having a bigsby. I'll keep the pickups in, they will be good extra sounds for recording. I still prefer my Les Paul and my Spacehawk overall
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    My 2006 SG Standard in the traditional Heritage Cherry.  I changed the tuners for 18:1 Grover Rotomatics - brilliant, way better than the stock deluxe tulips, straight drop in fit (albeit you see one screw hole - no biggie) and still no deck dive.  

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Exorcist said:
    The 61/62 - I just love this thing.

Ok, you win!
  • TTBZ said:
    Exorcist said:
    I never get on with full fat LP's, but the midrange bark of a good SG just works for me.
    I've grown to really enjoy that midrange bark  still love that "full range" LP thing but the SG fits really nicely in a heavy mix, like it's already a bit high/low passed in a way. 

All of them bend sharp when you rest your picking arm on them
    How hard are you gripping the neck?! This just doesn't happen with mine. I don't know if the thicker neck helps.
    I grab & play my guitars hard and tight :angry: 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom