Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Kirk “The Weak Link” Hammett - Chris Zoupa

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24384
    Boromedic said:
    P.s. Anyone who likes St Anger more than Ride needs a psych exam....
    Finally you've said something fair.....

[running for cover]
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4842
    Boromedic said:
    P.s. Anyone who likes St Anger more than Ride needs a psych exam....
    Finally you've said something fair.....

[running for cover]
    Hahahaha

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Boromedic said:
    Just in case anyone has any doubts about me owning the record in question....

SLAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!1!!!!1!!111!!ELEVEN!!!! \m/
    DLM said:
    Boromedic said:
    Just in case anyone has any doubts about me owning the record in question....

SLAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!1!!!!1!!111!!ELEVEN!!!! \m/
    Oh yeahhhhhh \m/

• PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 943
    edited January 2022
    Reverend said:
    Boromedic said:
    So this:

Is better than this:

Don't think so, it's not even close. 
    a million time better
    Whatever anyone thinks of these tracks (and I had the Flotsam album when it first came out,) I thought Kirk was brilliant in the video...
    I've loved Metallica since Whiplash, but I also think St Angers brill too, prefer it to Load but each to there own eh.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22958
    Boromedic said:
    So which is their best since the Black Album? Also who sold the most records in the thrash genre? They might be opinions but they're backed up with facts. Again someone will now point out that sales don't mean anything, but yeah they do, it's the only metric you can use as anything else is an opinion. 
    I think things are calming down, I don't want to start up again... I'm not going to say which album is their best since the black album, because it's just my opinion, it's irrelevant.

As for the sales thing... if sales are a measure of "quality", then Adele and Ed Sheeran are the greatest musical geniuses alive today...

Boromedic said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I've got it on vinyl if we're scoring points.  But we're not.  Peace.
    No we're not, and props to you for having it on vinyl, I'm guessing an OG release too? Or has it been reissued? It literally was just in case anyone was doubting whether I'm an OG thrash fan alongside my love for post Black Album Metallica.
    It's the original European release from 1986, on Roadrunner - I guess it would be much better if I had the US release on Metal Blade!  No idea if it's been reissued, I don't buy vinyl nowadays.  I bet Reverend will know.

As someone who

v) Actually liked the St. Anger songs when done live (or on the limited DVD that showed the songs in rehearsal); 

When I bought St Anger I played the DVD first, and thought fuck, this is dreadful, at least the album will sound better... it didn't. :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I was brought up on Kirk bashing. I spent years on the John Petrucci forum a looooong time ago, it was inhabited by a lot of what I would consider above average guitar players (they did let me in though), and everyone was always ripping into him over one thing or another.

What I will say for Kirk though is that he has played guitar in one of the iconic bands in music for a great many years, made shedloads of money and made a lot of fans happy. 

In this day and age, internet guitarists that can piss on many players in established bands are ten a penny, but there is a reason why they are sat in a little room making show off videos whilst Kirk is probably on a yacht somewhere. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Everybody leave Kirk alone 

• Boromedic said:
    Reverend said:
    Boromedic said:
    So this:

Is better than this:

Don't think so, it's not even close. 
    a million time better
    Did you like AJFA (the album)? Would you consider that better than Doomsday?
    I think And Justice for All would have been a better album if it had a bass player on it like the one who played on Doomsday for the Deceiver (DftD).  The bass sounds on DftD were a lot better.  
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Handsome_Chris you already had a LOL so I gave you a Wiz.
    Na, bass players are kinda pointless aren't they? ;)

• One of my favourites was Sacred Reich . I was equally into sleaze/glam as well as thrash , plus heavily into AOR . 

edited January 2022
    I was equally into sleaze/glam as well as thrash , plus heavily into AOR . 

Yeah, likewise, all through the '80s.  It never really occurred to me at the time how vastly different they were.

I don't really like the sleaze/glam/AOR stuff any more - well, not anything new.  I still like most of the bands I liked back then.  And exactly the same with thrash really!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Metallica?

talentless hacks worshiped by angst ridden teenage boys… about as heavy as McFly… 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5003
    poopot said:
    Metallica?

talentless hacks worshiped by angst ridden teenage boys… about as heavy as McFly… 
    Yeah but you smell etc etc
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Reverend said:
    poopot said:
    Metallica?

Megadeath we’re much better.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2930
    poopot said:
    Reverend said:
    poopot said:
    Metallica?

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to trot this out!
    poopot said:
    Reverend said:
    poopot said:
    Metallica?

Spoken like a true boyscout
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    This is quite an interesting argument, I have loads of respect for kirk personally I don't  care about technicality,  yes their are loads of guitarists better than Kirk but he does nothing but compliment the songs.   It amazes me how any of these guitar mathematicians have next to no groove, where as some of kirks solos are right in the jail. 
    Band chemistry is often forgotten by people pontificating. Had they not sacked Mustaine would they have been even bigger or better? Most likely not. They'd have broken up after an ill fated euro tour in 1984 and reunited for 2016 keep it true festival as main support for Razor. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom