Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Buying a flat, getting a mortgage, and the BS that comes with it...

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Well, that escalated quickly....

Having originally said we wouldn't buy another new build, we have agreed, in principle, to buy another new build - subject to a successful mortgage application over the next week or so.

Managed to blag a £5k "gift" towards our deposit, as well as them paying stamp duty and giving us all flooring, so we were pretty happy. It's off plan, but we drove up to Kidderminster where they had one of the houses already built and were pretty much sold straight away.

Having been to look at a dozen or so "second hand" houses over the last few weeks, none of them wowed me and I never got the feeling that I could see myself living there. The plot we have is awesome and is the only townhouse on the whole estate with an attached garage, which is a pretty big deal. 

So there goes any disposable income I may have had (which wasn't a lot!)...Pretty nervous about having two mortgages! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    joneve said:

Having originally said we wouldn't buy another new build, we have agreed, in principle, to buy another new build - subject to a successful mortgage application over the next week or so.

Managed to blag a £5k "gift" towards our deposit, as well as them paying stamp duty and giving us all flooring, so we were pretty happy. It's off plan, but we drove up to Kidderminster where they had one of the houses already built and were pretty much sold straight away.

Having been to look at a dozen or so "second hand" houses over the last few weeks, none of them wowed me and I never got the feeling that I could see myself living there. The plot we have is awesome and is the only townhouse on the whole estate with an attached garage, which is a pretty big deal. 

So there goes any disposable income I may have had (which wasn't a lot!)...Pretty nervous about having two mortgages! 
    Did I miss something....why have you got 2 mortgages?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    spark240 said:
    joneve said:

Did I miss something....why have you got 2 mortgages?
    Because we are keeping our current flat to rent out rather than sell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom