Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New iPhone is out - check out what some people are worried about.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33901
    digitalscream;33350" said:
    ICBM said:

And Apple is the other way round - they care about the hardware profits. In fact, according to MacRumors, in the last quarter iPhone handset sales contributed 51% of Apple's total profit - ie more than Mac desktop and laptop sales, iPad sales, software, apps and iTunes music put together. That's a very big cash cow they will want to protect at all costs. The logic seems to be that if the iPhone is even slightly better than the competition, it will still sell at almost any price.

The irony is that the hardware in the iPhone is actually vastly inferior to that of any of the other top-20 phones. Well, that and the fact that the operating system itself is slower than Android.
    Apple buyers (myself included) don't give a shit about that stuff, they just want a nice phone with software that works. At this stage, as a 4-year iPhone user and 18-month ipad user, swapping ecosystems would cost me truckloads in apps, so I don't give a shite what Android are doing, I won't be changing.

Agree 100%. I love the ecosystem- it works great- for instance I can bounce mixes out in Logic and it automatically uploads to iTunes cloud. I can go to the car with my phone and check mixes without having to do anything. I don't look at Android, nor do I look at PC/Windows oriented tech. If the Mac/iOS ecosystem stops working so well I'd be prepared to change but for now I just don't care what the others are doing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    If the Mac/iOS ecosystem stops working so well I'd be totally fucked but for now I just don't care what the others are doing.
    Fixed that for ya :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33901
    octatonic said:
    If the Mac/iOS ecosystem stops working so well I'd be totally fucked but for now I just don't care what the others are doing.
    Fixed that for ya :)

I'd be ok, I think. I didn't start recording with computers- I started with tape & then went to a PC. I arrived on the mAc quite late compared to a lot of guys- I couldn't afford one in Oz. Still, I'd rather things continued as they are. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom