SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gone - LSL Badbone 290 - Zsa Zsa...

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
edited June 2022 in Guitars £
LSL give their guitars names, so don't blame me. This is Zsa Zsa.

Now I don't want to Gabor you with all the technical details in this post, so I'll put the links below to previous sales threads about this guitar  from people who seem to know what they're talking about. Also, it leaves me free to talk utter nonsense, which suits me far better.

So - I bought this from @Hattigol a few weeks ago - I went to buy his CS Jazzmaster but was smitten with this. It's a fabulous guitar, looks great, the build quality is excellent. It's easily on par, at least, with the Fender CS Teles that I've had - I've never played a Masterbuilt Tele, so can't comment on that. The neck P90 (where I commit most of my crimes against music) is sublime, and it gets really 'spanky' on the bridge.It's just got a lovely array and range of sounds.

It's also gorgeous, particularly if you like pink, which is the colour of most of my wardrobe. Not the clothes, just the wardrobe.

'So, why are selling it, you outrageous old perv?', I hear you ask? Well, I'll give you two scenarios.

1) It's not really what suits me - I'm more into hollowbodied old archtops - as an example, I've just bought a 1952 ES-350 and am in the process of buying a 1955 ES-175, which means that I should also try and free up some cash. If I didn't need to, Zsa Zsa would get a regular seeing-to. (See 2) )

2) My favourite doll is also called Zsa Zsa and she was here first. In fact, when I told her what the guitar's name was, she seemed most deflated.

Of course, 1) and 2) could both be true.

I'm quite happy to travel to meet up or deliver. I'm in Stafford if you want to come to my house, but, frankly, you wouldn't want to. I don't even want to, but I live here.  I'm happy to take cash or bank transfer mainly, and will meet in the usual laybays, picnic areas after dark, deserted and frankly dangerous parks, public conveniences, notorious dogging areas, and will even travel to North Yorkshire.

I'm going to ask £1700 for this, which is quite a bit less than it cost me, but it was a weird trade, borne out of lust, cravings and determination. Also, I liked the guitar.

Anyway, here's a couple of links to the sensible sales threads. Message me if you've managed to get far without falling asleep- I don't really fancy any trades, but you could always try me. The worst I could do is to say 'no'.  Well, it isn't, but I like to be polite.

Thanks for reading this drivel. Of course, a susual, I reserve the right to change my mind, which I do as often as I change my underwear. Approximately every three weeks.

Call me Dave.
9reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2762
    Sexy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9843
     It's also gorgeous, particularly if you like pink, which is the colour of most of my wardrobe. Not the clothes, just the wardrobe…”

A genuine laugh out loud moment  :). =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7956
    That’s a handsome instrument 
    Red ones are better. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    edited April 2022
    That joyous, but also slightly alarming, feeling when you receive a notification saying 'DB1 mentioned you in a thread'... 

I genuinely think this is the 'best' (define that however you like) Tele I have played. Really lovely handbuilt guitar. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    Thanks for reading this drivel. Of course, a susual, I reserve the right to change my mind, which I do as often as I change my underwear. Approximately every three weeks.

I'm surprised it's that regular Dave, I'm a "1st day of every month" kinda guy
    :# 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    prudd said:

I'm surprised it's that regular Dave, I'm a "1st day of every month" kinda guy
    :# 

Mine was including the nappies though.
    Call me Dave.
  • J.PJ.P Frets: 44
    Aww man, such a beast of a guitar. I know because I was the original owner….still miss that neck. I doubt she’ll be up for long….
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers - that's a good point about the neck. It's beautiful and so comfortable. Hand on heart, I would like slightly smaller frets, as I'm used to them on many of my guitars - if I end up keeping it, I might just a get a touch shaved off, but I'll see how next few days go with the sale.

I do sense a slight reluctance among forum members to meet up in person. I don't know why that should be though.
    Call me Dave.
  • J.PJ.P Frets: 44
    DB1 said:
    Cheers - that's a good point about the neck. It's beautiful and so comfortable. Hand on heart, I would like slightly smaller frets, as I'm used to them on many of my guitars - if I end up keeping it, I might just a get a touch shaved off, but I'll see how next few days go with the sale.

I do sense a slight reluctance among forum members to meet up in person. I don't know why that should be though.
    People too used to Amazon and mail order, lol
    Yes, it's definitely that.  =)
    Call me Dave.
  • Agree about the frets. I have two t-bones, both excellent but they would be absolutely perfect with slightly lower frets.
    Yes, it's a matter of taste, I suppose. I've got a lovely 59 reissue ES-330 with similar frets and they're just a little too big for me as well. I had an ES-175 completely refretted because the frets were like railway sleepers, and I've had a few Gibsons like that.

Some people prefer them, obviously, so horses for courses, I guess.
    Call me Dave.
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    DB1 said:
    Yes, it's a matter of taste, I suppose. I've got a lovely 59 reissue ES-330 with similar frets and they're just a little too big for me as well. I had an ES-175 completely refretted because the frets were like railway sleepers, and I've had a few Gibsons like that.

Some people prefer them, obviously, so horses for courses, I guess.
    Gibson Memphis are a serial offender for this too, or were...
  • Oh my word!!
    I thought you were here to defend the honour of North Yorkshire. ;)

Yes, you're right - the LSL (at .055 x .090) is Narrow Tall, I think. The offending Gibsons (from memory) were bloody wide/tall. I'm guessing that the 0.55 x 0.90 are better for playing higher up the neck - to me, that really is the dusty end.

I found the Gibsons obstructive to play as much for their width - not the LSL though. I would have had the frets on the Gibsons shaved, but they're have retained the same wide profile, which was my main gripe with them.
    Call me Dave.
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    DB1 said:
    I thought you were here to defend the honour of North Yorkshire. ;)

Yes, you're right - the LSL (at .055 x .090) is Narrow Tall, I think. The offending Gibsons (from memory) were bloody wide/tall. I'm guessing that the 0.55 x 0.90 are better for playing higher up the neck - to me, that really is the dusty end.

I found the Gibsons obstructive to play as much for their width - not the LSL though. I would have had the frets on the Gibsons shaved, but they're have retained the same wide profile, which was my main gripe with them.
    Lovely LSL by the way, I was tempted but my wife doesnt like the colour :(
    edited April 2022
    Next time I'm in Pickering, I shall have to speak to her about that. o

Link to the specs on the LSL website - https://www.lslinstruments.com/models/tstyles/badbone290

Call me Dave.
  • JGCJGC Frets: 159
    aaargh, I didn't need to see this.......

I do apologise @JGC ; - here's some more pics. 

Call me Dave.
    Hey @JGC - did you post again? I could have sworn that I saw another post about specs, but it seemed to disappear. Unless I'm having those dreams again....
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom