SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gone - LSL Badbone 290 - Zsa Zsa...

What's Hot

Comments

• JGCJGC Frets: 159
    DB1 said:
    Hey @JGC - did you post again? I could have sworn that I saw another post about specs, but it seemed to disappear. Unless I'm having those dreams again....

I did, it was a Pm but it's disappeared...will send again

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Still here, and getting more pink and lovable by the minute. Guitar's still available, too.
    Call me Dave.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2022
    Another little bump before I decide whether to take it off the market or not.

I've made the mistake of playing it today, and it's a remarkable piece of kit. Against that is the fact that I've committed to something else, so whether the wallet will withstand both, I don't know! Let's see what happens.

A couple of nice p/ex offers and some interest, but nothing to move me, not even the message from a Lady Penelope offering an old car as a trade.

So, a big pink bump, much like myself 62 years ago this week.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1667
    DB1 said:

I've made the mistake of playing it today, and it's a remarkable piece of kit. Against that is the fact that I've committed to something else, so whether the wallet will withstand both, I don't know! Let's see what happens.

A couple of nice p/ex offers and some interest, but nothing to move me, not even the message from a Lady Penelope offering an old car as a trade.

So, a big pink bump, much like myself 62 years this week.
    Can you decide you want to keep it for a couple more months please... then re-list when I've got the money spare  =) It's popped up a couple of times but only when the fun fund has been in a bad place. Lovely looking thing!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Dan_Halen said:
    DB1 said:

So, a big pink bump, much like myself 62 years this week.
    Can you decide you want to keep it for a couple more months please... then re-list when I've got the money spare  =) It's popped up a couple of times but only when the fun fund has been in a bad place. Lovely looking thing!

It's not out of the question. =)
    Call me Dave.
    OK, here's the thing. I was all set to keep it for a while as it's lovely. Pink and lovely. Really pink and really lovely.

But, over the last few days, I was able to hook a forum member up with another forum member's guitar that they'd put up for sale, and the first forum member hadn't spotted that it was for sale. I'm very pleased to say that the sale went through.

However, the first forum member had also bought a guitar from me, and I said that I'd have it back if he came to sell it. Well, in order to buy the guitar from the other forum member, this forum member really needed to sell the guitar that I said I'd have back.

Are you following this so far? And if you are, can you let me know what the frig I'm on about please?

So I said that I'd have my old guitar back, which I'm very pleased about, but I do need to pay for it. I don't know why I don't keep my big fat yap shut sometimes.

Anyway, here's a 'I need to fund my old/new guitar' bump. So, if you need something, pink and satisfying in your life, now's the chance, or forever hold your piece. I mean peace.

Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2022
    Right, cool catz. Last bump for this beauty. In case you're worried that it's getting less pink, I've just had a look at it and it isn't.

It's more pink than the Pink Panther singing Lily the Pink. And, as we know, that's a panther that is positively pink.

Cash is king, but currently in discussion with a very nice gentleman of the forum over a part trade. Or if it stays with me, that's fine - as I said to the magistrate just the other day, I'm only doing this for the money anyway.

Edit: Withdrawn from sale for now. It's such an exceptional guitar that it deserves playing. It's at least up there with the best CS T-Type guitars that I've had.

Call me Dave.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    Wise decision to withdraw it. 

Absolute masterbuilt quality, handmade and stunning to boot. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2022
    It is with deep regret that I have to put this lovely back on the market. A combination of some whacking great bills coming in and more GAS means that I have to once again present this pink beauty to you. And yes, I'm a Frankie Howerd fan.

Call me Dave.
    As an update, this is going to a dealer friend of mine on Sunday for a commission sale, so just a heads up in case you're interested. It makes sense - he'll ship worldwide and take credit cards, part exes, etc and take a small commission from a hopefully higher sale price.  Thanks for the interest shown anyway and the trade offers.  :)
    Call me Dave.
  • Great guitar, I was lusting after this when Stephen had it but I didn't have anything that floated his boat (plastic shark's tooth, limited edition Barry Manilow LP, Cluedo with a few pieces missing.... even the odd guitar) he's simply too fussy.  Happily, I have scratched my Shell Pink Tele' itch this week thanks to Benecol... but instantly, a friend is lusting after mine & can't have it.  Please update which dealer has it and I'll point him in the right direction.
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2022
    Great guitar, I was lusting after this when Stephen had it but I didn't have anything that floated his boat (plastic shark's tooth, limited edition Barry Manilow LP, Cluedo with a few pieces missing.... even the odd guitar) he's simply too fussy.  Happily, I have scratched my Shell Pink Tele' itch this week thanks to Benecol... but instantly, a friend is lusting after mine & can't have it.  Please update which dealer has it and I'll point him in the right direction.

Hmm - Barry Manilow, you say? Yes, I've had a few trade offers like that.

Well, it's not doing anything until Sunday, so it's still with me if he's interested. It really is a fabulous guitar, but I've gone on a mission to sell four electrics and a couple of acoustics to get things manageable and actually play them instead of just looking at them. No trades though, unless it involves a Mars Bar and a sprout.

Edit: In another supreme about face, I decided to do something about the only thing that I didn't like about it, and am having the frets dressed down to 'normal' Gibson size. The excellent James Collins in Heathfield, Sussex, is doing this for me.  I thought that it was just, for the sake of another £100 worth of work, too nice a guitar to let it go without addressing the only issue that I had with it.
    Call me Dave.
    I thought I'd just give this a little nudge. The frets are really nice now - it's cured my only bugbear with it. However, GAS suddenly beckons again, hence the resurrection.

Do you want it, sir? Do you?
    Call me Dave.
    Don't let me put in on eBay. Don't do that to me please. :o

Call me Dave.
  • Dan82DareDan82Dare Frets: 48
    What a beauty! I’ve had my eye on this previously!  :3
    Thanks, and thanks for the PM (not the Prime Minister, in case anyone's wondering).

Yep, 'tis a beauty, but I've bought a couple recently (hence the GAS post above), and something's got to give. I'm more into hollow bodies these days, I think.
    Call me Dave.
    edited June 2022
    A little nudge up - now on Gumtree, which should be fun! It's just up here until Saturday 18th, then it's off for a commission sale, so if anyone fancies this, or wants to look at a trade for something preferably hollow bodied and Gibsonish, or a quality jazzer, or maybe a Gibson/Martin acoustic, just let me know.

Otherwise you can make me a close offer, but close enough that I don't have to set my dog on you. And he's ready for you. Bit tired at the moment, obviously, but he's ready.

Call me Dave.
  • CastroCastro Frets: 530
    How much does Zsa Zsa weigh?
    7lb 12oz, according to a previous sales thread., which is.... here

Call me Dave.
  • Really want this, but simply too much gear and too little cash!