The Doctor Who thread

What's Hot

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    seany65 said:
    I'm not convinced they'll leave Clara dead. I've read somewhere or other that She's going to be in a tv or radio spin-off series set in the school she teaches at. I presume it won't be totally diffrent from the Sarah Jane adventures.
    Could easily be set in the time she was alive with the doctor - time travel is time travelly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    seany65 said:
    I'm not convinced they'll leave Clara dead. I've read somewhere or other that She's going to be in a tv or radio spin-off series set in the school she teaches at. I presume it won't be totally diffrent from the Sarah Jane adventures.
    Could easily be set in the time she was alive with the doctor - time travel is time travelly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • seany65;867764" said:
    Yeh, she could be involved in the spinoff series they recently announced which is supposedly to be based in london.

• SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    Am I the only one who doesn't rate, appreciate or fancy Clara?
    Imo a classic Who assistant, unremarkable acting, has only one acting face (see Ace and Amy) and hers is "cutely bewildered" she has annoying eyebrows and a stupid nose, she does however sport a rather perky pair of norks.

Still would though.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    I don't think she's too bad an actress - Maisie Williams makes that more obvious - but her character was played out by the end… or maybe just not written well enough for, which applies to a lot of it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Sarge said:
    Well, we all see something different in people, for me she's the most desirable 'celeb' I've seen in about 20 years!

I hope she does get a spinoff series. The Sarah Jane Adventures was one of the best kids programmes ever.

• Sarge said:

Yes.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Apparently Clara is in another scene yet to be seen so she's back already .. possibly for five minutes.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427

As the Doctor was explaining about the alley , and they saw it for the first time , a guy walked past , behind them , twice .

I thought he was going to be part of the plot , but no , just bad continuity.

Clara pretty enough ,but ............. meh!.

• SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    10thumbs;869095" said:
    As the Doctor was explaining about the alley , and they saw it for the first time , a guy walked past , behind them , twice .I thought he was going to be part of the plot , but no , just bad continuity.Clara pretty enough ,but ............. meh!.
    Yeah he was trying to look normal, twice, and failed.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Sarge said:
    10thumbs said:
    As the Doctor was explaining about the alley , and they saw it for the first time , a guy walked past , behind them , twice .I thought he was going to be part of the plot , but no , just bad continuity.
    Yeah he was trying to look normal, twice, and failed.
    I missed that. I must have been distracted by something twice.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• seany65seany65 Frets: 264
    I did get the feeling that Clara was just a little too 'knowing' in some episodes.

Hmm, what tv minx is going to be the next 'assistant'?
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I'm hoping it's Zig and Zag.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I heard a rumour that it will be Miranda  (I kid you not!)
    that'd make the Catherine Tate episodes seem less bad ;)
  • For the love of god not miranda

I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • axisus said:
    I've battled through all the shit of the last few series, but that would probably push me over the edge into "I can't face watching this".
    <space for hire>
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4214
    Now if it was Miranda Richardson !!!!! ;)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    axisus said:
    Unfortunately this story has legs. Miranda was offered a role by Moffat a few years ago but was forced to turn it down as she was making her final comedy series at the same time. I think if she joined I'd bail out .. she's far too tall at 6' 2" .. it's bad enough that Alex Kingston's been dug up from her grave.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    I know the TARDIS is larger on the inside but that is fucking pushing it really.