Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 13725
    This:

...and it's aged nicely too:

R1.jpg 109.5K
    R2.jpg 640.1K
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2999

Should have kept everything in this photo!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32356
    Although my Number One guitar is my P90 goof ring Les Paul, I have to agree with @ICBM that an all-mahogany P90 guitar like my SG Special just edges it tonally. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3586
    edited May 2022
    andy1839 said:

What do/did you have yours in?

It wasn't my guitar but it was one of Darrens (Daniels Guitars)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3476
    Offset said:
    This:

Looks a nice design, what is is?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 847
    Never played one (chance would be a fine thing) but I’d go for a Novo Serus J. Bloody lovey things and never heard a bad word about them.

Failing that…I’d like to try a Rivolta Combinata as above….
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 372
    Never played one (chance would be a fine thing) but I’d go for a Novo Serus J. Bloody lovey things and never heard a bad word about them.

Having just acquired one from the true gent that is @CloudNine, I have to say that I'm pretty much blown away with the model.
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3425
     My ranking:

Gibson LP Jnr
    Gibson SG Jnr
    Gibson SG Standard with P90
    Gibson LP with P90

On a budget though, the Vintage clone of the Gibson LP Jnr hands down, I don't rate the Gibson Special as a good guitar yet alone a good P90 guitar, and the PRS SE One, though it's a great guitar build wise, it's let down by PRS's bad pickups, and it's too ''polite'' sounding for a P90.
  • Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 196
    For me it's the sg with p90s they seem like a match made in heaven. The rowdy sound of an sg mixed with the grit of p90 make them the ultimate cut through the mix guitar. 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3837
    I only have on P90 guitar, it's this one.

It has a pretty raunchy sound.

• SporkySporky Frets: 30005
    edited May 2022
    I'm not sure this really counts. A NSG. Came with three P90s and a daft switching system, now has three DiMarzio P90-sized buckets and a much more obvious switching system. Weighs more than an average car. 

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13587
    grungebob said:
    Offset said:
    This:

is that a NSG (Nathan Sheppard) 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1716
     My ranking:

Gibson LP Jnr
    Gibson SG Jnr
    Gibson LP with P90

On a budget though, the Vintage clone of the Gibson LP Jnr hands down, I don't rate the Gibson Special as a good guitar yet alone a good P90 guitar, and the PRS SE One, though it's a great guitar build wise, it's let down by PRS's bad pickups, and it's too ''polite'' sounding for a P90.
    As somebody with a LP Junior, but who's always had a hankering for an SG - am curious, why do you put the LPJ ahead of the SGJ ?
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1251
    Probably this. Mahogany body, 50s neck and 2 flavours of P90.

• OffsetOffset Frets: 13725
    grungebob said:
    Offset said:
    This:

It's a Reiver by ACG (Alan Cringean Guitars).  Alan is based up in Moffat and has made his name making very nice basses, but branched out into the treble side of things a couple of years back and this was one of his first Reiver guitars (if not THE first).  The P90-style p/ups are made by him too and are pleasingly raspy.  Hipshot bridge and locking tuners and a hand-made string retainer (it's string-thru).  Acrylic-impregnated birds-eye maple f/b and 5-piece bolt-on scarf-jointed neck.  Nice and light and I've always loved the look and the way it's aged.
  • PALPAL Frets: 584
    I have recently have done set ups on the Gibson Original series SG Junior & The Eastman DC junior model for me it's the 
     Gibson !
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3425
    AK99 said:
     My ranking:

Gibson LP Jnr
    Gibson SG Jnr
    Gibson LP with P90

As somebody with a LP Junior, but who's always had a hankering for an SG - am curious, why do you put the LPJ ahead of the SGJ ?

For me what puts the SG Jnr below the LP Jnr is two things, ergomomics, SG's have the whole neck dive and balane on a strap issue, and to me at least, the SG Jnr doesn't sound as meaty and gritty as the LP Jnr.  The funny thing is, I actually like the look of the SG Jnr much more than I do the LP Jnr
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1568
    I'm a big P-90 fan and have a lot of guitars with P-90's.  It does depend what you are playing and the sound you want to go for.  For versatility, my 1955 Les Paul Custom gives a superb range of sounds, but part of that is the Staple neck pickup.  My DC LP Junior is a great rock and blues guitar (though I stupidly sold my 1961 LP/SG TV Junior, which was also brilliant).  But actually the most fun to play and cover a lot of ground, is the @WezV Melody Maker, which has a Mojo bar P-90 pickup.  Here's a picture of some of my P-90 guitars:

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24949
    I've got quite a few P-90 guitars but I've got a hankering for a batwing SG Special... I would be sacrilegious and put a humbucker in the bridge position.  I've never owned a guitar with that pickup combo.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1733
    edited May 2022
    I dont own one but would if I could .A Les Paul Special  in  TV yellow .Played one but cant get one sadly .