Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkb said:
    I can bring cymbals, kick pedal and snare for drums if needed. Just need studio to provide basic drum kit shells
    i have cymbals and kick pedal here.  No snare though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @onlyonebradders can you have a look at the latest list and say which ones you can play drums on.

https://i.imgur.com/HTlrbbr.png

It's not a competition.

• Songs I'm happy to drum on based on remembering them from last time...
    Rocks, H2H, Under the Bridge, You give love a bad name, lil devil, richard 3, keep hands, is she going out, you really got me (learnt the VH version last time), just what, rebel rebel, entertainment,

Songs that I'll have to learn, fortunate son, my hero (pretty involved drums; it's the late great Taylor after all), you shook, get back (jammed it last time), run to you.  Perhaps some of the others at the end of the list but kinda depends on time for me.

• Songs I'm happy to drum on based on remembering them from last time...
    Rocks, H2H, Under the Bridge, You give love a bad name, lil devil, richard 3, keep hands, is she going out, you really got me (learnt the VH version last time), just what, rebel rebel, entertainment,

Songs that I'll have to learn, fortunate son, my hero (pretty involved drums; it's the late great Taylor after all), you shook, get back (jammed it last time), run to you.  Perhaps some of the others at the end of the list but kinda depends on time for me.

@mrkb has Fortunate Son covered on drums if you don't have time.

It's not a competition.
  • @onlyonebradders input has created a few more with a full line-up.

Latest list below, but let me know if there are any errors.

I can cover the bass on Just What I Needed, which I did last time. But happy to stand aside if there's a better offer.

https://i.imgur.com/AzZKQjE.png

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehat said:
    Put me down for Lead Guitar on Lil Devil ... I prefer to play while I'm singing anyway.
    Do you still want to do sing Lil Devil in C# now that @mrkb is singing it in the original key of D.

No problem, if so, because we can tune down a half step.

It's not a competition.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 553
    bobblehat said:
    Put me down for Lead Guitar on Lil Devil ... I prefer to play while I'm singing anyway.
    Do you still want to do sing Lil Devil in C# now that @mrkb is singing it in the original key of D.

No problem, if so, because we can tune down a half step.

No that's fine , happy to just play lead.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 92
    calling @Tele-scopic @Vibetronic @spark240 @roberty - we could do with your input on the song list discussion  :)
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1039
    Brocco said:
    calling @Tele-scopic @Vibetronic @spark240 @roberty - we could do with your input on the song list discussion  :)
    no worries mate, I'll take a look shortly. Might suggest one or two but probably easier to join in the list we already have. I'm not fussy, happy to play rhythm or lead on most stuff and help out :)

In terms of backline or whatever, I'll be bringing my AX8 + monitor (or maybe a cab) which anyone is welcome to use, plus prob my Musicman, Ibanez and a Strandberg, which again anyone is welcome to if they are coming from further afield/have less capacity for gear.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13577
    edited August 2022
    @Vibetronic ;;  makes a good point -  is there any gear (not that I own much) that anyone wants to particularly see/try ?   If that's within the scope of this  I realise its not a "show and tell"  type of event 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7000
    I'll bring a Fractal FM9 and a Redsound Elis8 FRFR monitor and a guitar.
    Will also bring my own mic (they are disgusting germ spreaders) - so Im not sharing with anyone.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4665
    Amongst all this techy modelly stuff, I'll bring my '79 JMP and a 1x12.

And I fancy a proper go on an SG, if anyone fancies bringing one.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2224
    edited August 2022
    I'll bring:

Amp: My HRD IV amp, plus a Blues Cube Artist that I'll probably leave in the boot of my car as 'back up' unless anyone wants to try it.

FX: My Helix LT. Plus a few assorted stomp boxes including a Maxon OD9 and Spark boost as 'back up'.

Guitars: My Ibanez AZ2204 (HSS), and my AZ2402 (HH) as 'backup'

Bass: Squier PJ bass

I'm a bit OCD about having spares/backup

It's not a competition.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13577
    edited August 2022
    probably just bring my LP trad and the Morgan DC   -  Ive a strat that's H-S-S wired with a schaller Mega E if anyone's interested in how that sounds/works  re coil splitting but wont bring it otherwise

oh,  and if no-one has one, but want to see one to check it out - I can bring the HB  Jr DC  

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10914
    Amongst all this techy modelly stuff, I'll bring my '79 JMP and a 1x12.

And I fancy a proper go on an SG, if anyone fancies bringing one.
    I have a 2004 SG Standard I can bring, in D standard with 11s, stock except for 500k volume pots and 50s wiring

Or a 2016 SG Faded with A4 PAFs and a Bigsby in E standard with 10s, again 500k pots 50s wiring

Haven't looked at the song list yet sorry. Been a hectic few weeks with festivals and work
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1039
    mrkb said:
    I'll bring a Fractal FM9 
    argh. The one bit of gear I've just decided I should probably do without and resisted putting my name on the list for. This isn't going to help ;) Looking forward to hearing it!!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    @Brocco TBH I thought id backed out due to the date not working for me...?....can you confirm date please?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 92
    @spark240 we are on for Saturday 1st October.

Do you know how @nickos236 is fixed?

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4665
    spark240 said:
    @Brocco TBH I thought id backed out due to the date not working for me...?....can you confirm date please?
    Saturday 1st October.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• 1st Oct is the date.

I'll probably be bringing my Westbury Standard guitar, small pedalboard and my vocal mics. 

If I can get away with not bringing my amp head & cab as I'm only guitaring on 2 songs, that'd be amazing.
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!