Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• @spark240 and nickos236 would be ideal if they are coming?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2099
    @Brocco Nick def. cant make it due to work, I might come along for the ride but could only contribute as a 2nd guitar on a  few songs, 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • There's an updated list given at the end of this post

Blue fill = full lineup. So we can do the song.
    Amber fill = Available role. Good to have, but not essential
    Red fill = Role needed to allow the song to be played.
    Red text means a different key to the original
    A strikethrough indicates songs that will get ditched soon if there are no takers.

It's not a competition.
  • In the latest list I've got @Neilybob and @Brocco down for guitar on Wishing Well. But I think you both said you wanted to play rhythm. Is anyone up for doing the lead?

With the departure of @bertie, we now need Vocals and Lead guitar on 'Just What I Needed'.

@roberty sorry to put you on the spot but could you have a look at the full list to see where you might be able to help. IIRC you're an all rounder that can do Vocals, Guitar, Bass and even Drums. So perhaps you might be able to fill some gaps.

It's not a competition.
  • Is it worth swapping some of the songs?

I know it's late in the day, but if there's little interest....
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
  • Is it worth swapping some of the songs?

I know it's late in the day, but if there's little interest....

The ones with a strikethrough will get deleted soon. Others will go if there's little interest.

What are your thoughts @Brocco ;
    It's not a competition.
  • Personally I would be happy to drop most songs for which we do not currently have both a drummer and vocalist assigned as in most cases there has been plenty of time for these roles to be filled. In terms of potential replacement tracks (should we feel we need some), at this late stage suggest we focus on any additional suggestions from those who sing/drum.
  • Brocco said:
    Personally I would be happy to drop most songs for which we do not currently have both a drummer and vocalist assigned as in most cases there has been plenty of time for these roles to be filled. In terms of potential replacement tracks (should we feel we need some), at this late stage suggest we focus on any additional suggestions from those who sing/drum.

OK I've done a bit of a cull and taken out those with no drums and vocals. And also those that have been on there for a long time with limited interest.

If any vocalists or drummers decide they'd like to resurrect them let me know.

I've removed the following:
    Richard III
    Is She Really Going Out With Him
    That's Entertainment
    Get Back
    Somewhere In My Heart
    Run To You
    Breathe And Attack
    Supersonic
    Strange Brew
    Word Up
    Basket Case
    Enter Sandman

Also, unless you get a better offer, I can cover the bass on Pretty Vacant and Talk Dirty.
    That gives us a full lineup on Pretty Vacant and we only need a drummer for Talk Dirty.

Here's a new list below. Let me know if you spot any errors.

It's not a competition.
  • Messaged @onlyonebradders yesterday - he's going to have a listen to the songs and come back to us.  Pretty sure he'll be OK with Enter Sandman (the drum tab was stuck on the wall last time I was down there).  And Tush is basically a 12-bar shuffle.  Possibly My Hero too as he's a big Foos fan.   (With that in mind, I've played My Hero before, so stick me down; I'll need to refresh myself, though.)  Anyway, we'll see what he says.

IIRC, he did a pretty decent job on the ones we did on the spur of the moment last time.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Messaged @onlyonebradders yesterday - he's going to have a listen to the songs and come back to us.  Pretty sure he'll be OK with Enter Sandman (the drum tab was stuck on the wall last time I was down there).  And Tush is basically a 12-bar shuffle.  Possibly My Hero too as he's a big Foos fan.   (With that in mind, I've played My Hero before, so stick me down; I'll need to refresh myself, though.)  Anyway, we'll see what he says.

IIRC, he did a pretty decent job on the ones we did on the spur of the moment last time.
    That's great. Yes he did an excellent job.

Could you also ask him about Fortunate Son, which he did on the spur of the moment last time. That would give us another full lineup for a 2nd run through of that song.

It's not a competition.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Sorry I need to have a proper look at this. I will do it today
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2225
    edited September 2022
    roberty said:
    Sorry I need to have a proper look at this. I will do it today
    That would be great. You're our 'all-rounder'.

Below is the latest list, but also have a look at the ones I deleted that are listed a few posts back to see if we can resurrect any.

@Jonathangus ; I've put @onlyonebradders down with a question mark where it's still to be confirmed.

I've put the ones with a full lineup first. Let me know if anyone spots any errors.

https://i.imgur.com/EfGqTEE.png

It's not a competition.
    Okay I've had a look and I'm good for these, plus whatever I'm already down for:

Rocks Off - rhythm guitar
    You Really Got Me - vocals
    You Give Love - vocals
    Rebel Rebel - vocals
    You Shook Me All Night Long - drums, I'm not a great drummer but AC/DC is within my limited reach
    Enter Sandman - bass
    Move over - can potentially do vocals and lead guitar for this, quite a lot to learn

August was quite chaotic but I have a few weeks clear now
  • @roberty that great and filled a few empty slots. I'll update the list within the next couple of days.
    It's not a competition.
    @roberty that great and filled a few empty slots. I'll update the list within the next couple of days.
    Cheers thanks for sorting :-)

Are the numbers finalised? I will need to figure out the expenses side
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    @roberty that great and filled a few empty slots. 
    as the bishop said to.....................................
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    bertie said:
    @roberty that great and filled a few empty slots. 
    as the bishop said to.....................................
    More speed, vicar?
  • @roberty suggest we drop Move Over - as you say there is a lot to learn and not much time to do so given our respective focus on other tracks (one for next time perhaps).

In terms of apportioning the costs, believe there are 11 of us who have roles in the band and one or two others who may attend, so suggest we split the cost between those of us who have committed to playing in the band.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • There's an updated list at the end of this post.

We've got quite a few with a full line-up now and some just need a drummer. I expect the Vocal slots will be harder to fill (cue for another joke).

I've made the following changes

1) Removed 'Move Over' at the request of @Brocco

2) Added @roberty to the roles he identified in his post on September 8.

@roberty, just checking, are you also still OK to do bass on 'Under The Bridge'

That means we now have a have a full lineup for 'You Give Love A Bad Name' and 'You Shook Me All Night Long'

I've put myself down for possible lead guitar on Rebel Rebel. But happy to stand aside if anyone else wants it. That gives us another full lineup.

There's a possible 2nd guitar slot available for 'You Give Love A Bad Name', if anyone wants it. Not essential, but some chords under the guitar melodies and solo might help. I've put myself down as a fall-back, but happy to stand aside if anyone else wants it.

It's not a competition.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2225
    edited September 2022
    @Brocco I'm wondering whether to drop 'Just What I Needed'. It's been on the list a long time and we still don't have vocals. Also, is anyone actually brave enough to tackle the lead solo on that one.

Also, maybe drop Armed And Ready, if it's OK with @Crazed_Fandango

It's not a competition.