Taming the Marshall SV20

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Tbf, the only time it really bothered me was switching to a back-up Tele...I dialled it out easily enough though.

I do attenuate so winding it up a fair amount beefs it up nicely.
    Which attenuator?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3248
    Loobs said:
    Tbf, the only time it really bothered me was switching to a back-up Tele...I dialled it out easily enough though.

I do attenuate so winding it up a fair amount beefs it up nicely.
    Which attenuator?
    Fryette PS-2
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PALPAL Frets: 539
    Tube converters can help the Groovetubes 928PR power reducers will half the power of the amp. You replace the EL34     tubes with EL84 tubes but be warned the Marshall may still be too loud for you needs.
     There are other tube converters out there check them out at Hotrox they are about £80 a pair I think this includes tube !
     I don't think you can get the Groove Tube ones any more they are better made and are metal and can be taken apart for  servicing etc. I do have a spare pair but they would cost as much as a new pair from Hotrox !
    Also the Marshall SV20 head is a small head so you would need to measure for headroom as some converters can be
    a bit tall. Hope this helps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Ive decided with my SC20 head Im going to go back to my old method of using the Amp clean as a pedal platform, so will be putting the HB Attenuator in the classifieds later….

Works exceptionally well…
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2396
    Tried an SV20H in GG today.

Bloody hell.

Had it below 2 on both volumes and it was taking my head off - genuinely felt bad turning it up any louder, even in an empty guitar shop.

Sounded bloody lovely though, so someone buy my Sheriff and sell me a Captor X, cause it needs one.
    Tim
  • NickBNickB Frets: 240
    timmypix said:
    Tried an SV20H in GG today.

Bloody hell.

Had it below 2 on both volumes and it was taking my head off - genuinely felt bad turning it up any louder, even in an empty guitar shop.

Sounded bloody lovely though, so someone buy my Sheriff and sell me a Captor X, cause it needs one.
    There's a few combos on Evilbay at the £600 mark...