SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 1953 Gibson ES-350, P90's, original case, Bigsby

What's Hot

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    edited August 2022
    Well, @thinline72 - you must be a mind reader because I've bought the ES-125 back again. 

Unenthusiastic bump for the ES-350, and only on the basis that I'm currently considering another guitar.
    Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thinline72thinline72 Frets: 88
    edited August 2022
    well, I'm not surprised at all! Getting it back was, yet again, a very wise decision! That ES-125 is what they call a keeper.

I just wonder how many times more you'll have to buy it back to finally realise that it's your keeper 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    well, I'm not surprised at all! Getting it back was, yet again, a very wise decision! That ES-125 is what they call a keeper.

I just wonder how many times more you'll have to buy it back to finally realise that it's your keeper 

After selling it backthinline72 said:

After selling it back to Dave I’ve called dibs to
    buy it back when he’s ready to sell it again  so I reckon another 4 times it will
    come and go!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2022
    I think it's telling me that we ought to be together. Until next week anyway. I never realise how good it is until I've sold it, which is a bit bizarre, as I keep doing it. Hopefully, we're a couple again now. 

It's quite versatile within it's own sphere of operations - blues, jazz, rockabilly, a couch guitar and a surprisingly good acoustic guitar, and gives a lovely acoustic-like sound on the cowboy chords even when it's amplified. Lovely things.

Update on the ES-350 - it's going to appear on The Guitar Showroom's website shortly - https://theguitarshowroom.co.uk/guitar-sales/ - they'll be selling it for me and have taken the pics ready for display.. Obviously it's going to be at a higher price than advertised here, as it's a commission sale, but I'll have the guitar with me for a while and am happy to have a chat about it or a deal with forum chums if anyone's keen on it. I'm happy to do a deal privately, but will still want to pay The Guitar Showroom a commission seeing as they'll have gone to the trouble of photographing and listing it.

Edit: I know that it's a big chunk of cash, so happy to discuss any potential part exchanges that might be to my tastes. Hollow body, P90s, that sort of thing 

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2022
    Well, here it is with some nice pics and some more info - https://theguitarshowroom.co.uk/product/gibson-es350-1953/

It will shortly go on Reverb as well - that's the advantage (for me) with a commission sale - not only will it have a world wide reach, and credit cards etc are OK to take, but it can be delivered worldwide, whereas I'm  mainly interested in meeting in laybys and public conveniences. I have to say though, that that approach does reach a certain  niche sector of the market where Reverb doesn't, erm...  penetrate. It's also great for making new friends briefly.

So - it's still with me at the moment, probably until the weekend, when I'll deliver it down to James at The Guitar Showroom in Sussex.

I'm happy to have a chat until then (and afterwards) about it privately although I'll be wanting to weigh James in with some cash however it's done. I'm amenable to discussions. And meetings. Especially the meetings.

Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Last bump before it leaves DB1 Towers for the journey down south for a consignment sale. Give me a shout if you're interested in this magnificent beast. The guitar, of course.
    Call me Dave.
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2762
    The reverb ad looks very nice Dave. https://reverb.com/uk/item/59181533-gibson-es350-1953

You know I’m sorted for archtops for now but if I was not, this would be on my near term short list. My teacher has a 350 and it’s an absolutely gem of a guitar. Quintessential. 
    Cheers Fred - it does look a nice ad, doesn't it? As ever, it's always nice to sell it on here, but I appreciate that it's a bit niche and a bit pricey.

I think it only went onto Reverb this morning, but has had some interest.
    Call me Dave.
    edited August 2022
    Well, it's still resident at DB1 Towers for a few more days. I was going to take it to The Guitar Showroom in Saturday, but still felt a bit rough from what I termed as a severe virus, and my wife, fresh from her empathy training course at Gestapo Headquarters, deemed 'a slight cold'.

I'm better now, and not infectious - a chat up line that wasn't all that successful for me even in the 1970's - so if  you'd like to chat about this beautiful and iconic 1950's Gibson, well - you know where I am.

If you don't, I'm in Stafford.
    Call me Dave.
    Still here, and getting older and more vintage by the day.

Now, about the guitar. It's still with me, because terrible timing meant that I couldn't make the trip this weekend. This has also meant that I've played it, and it's upset me because it sounds wonderful. Still, I'm trying to be good about it, even though I have the willpower of a labrador in a sausage factory.

It's getting more 'watchers' and interest on other platforms funnily enough, but I suppose they have a wider reach and it's one of the most interesting guitars out there. However, it's still here as it's quite a chunk of cash and quite niche.

Happy to talk to anyone about an interesting part trade, or about anything really. It's been a quiet week.
    Call me Dave.
    Still here until the weekend. Had an offer on eBay for £500 more than the forum price(!) but logistics haven't been sorted out yet, so it's still with me at the moment. Obviously, I'd like to go to a forum member ideally, so if anyone would like to to talk to me about it, don't be shy!
    Call me Dave.
    Still here - I decided that three days of tidying my garage and shed was preferable to tackling the M25 on a Bank Holiday weekend. Happy to receive any interesting part-ex offers up to about half of the value of the ES-350.
    Call me Dave.
    I think fate must have been telling me to keep it by not letting me deliver it down to Sussex. I played it over the past couple of days with a dash of reverb and a Jr Barnyard pedal. The sounds are bloody glorious, so I'll have to find something else to sell instead. (Mrs DB1 shuffles nervously in the background).
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Well.. still here. I'd taken it off sale just because I love the old brute, but bills keep rolling in and money keeps rolling out, so I'm going to try being a responsible citizen, which is a little like asking Jeffrey Dahmer to try salad.

So, here we go - if anyone is interested in this, just let me know.
    Call me Dave.
    Anyone for a sprightly and lovely 69 year old? The guitar.
    Call me Dave.
    Weekend whizz to the top.

A gentleman from faraway lands is supposed to be sailing into Blighty on the 24th specially to view it. We'll sea see.
    Call me Dave.
    edited October 2022
    Bump
    Call me Dave.
    Gentleman from faraway lands sent a colleague in the end to give it a test drive and a report back. Gentleman from faraway lands is currently considering it, but it's still here.

I don't mind a p/ex or two or three or four or five up to the value. No ukeleles though, thanks.
    Call me Dave.
  • what's wrong with ukeleles though, Dave?  =)
    Nothing. It's just that I've got too many of them.  =)
    Call me Dave.