SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 1953 Gibson ES-350, P90's, original case, Bigsby

What's Hot

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    OK, maybe one ukelele, but no more.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Any particular model, Dave? I’ll see if I can source one because this 350 is a stunner. 
  • I'm gonna put this Spuke up for grabs.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I can honestly say that I have no preference on make or model, chaps. As long as it will fit in a bin, everything else is secondary.
    Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    8 billion people in the world and no-one's bought this ES-350 yet. Unbelievable Jeff.

So  I've dropped the price by £300 and am happy to look at Gibson, Fender, Gretsch, Martin, Atkin -type trades.
    Call me Dave.
    There must be a discerning punter or two haunting the forum tonight, so up we go.
    Call me Dave.
    No discerning punters? OK then - well, I'll have to relist my ES-125 then. Here's a bit of the text that I've copied from the OP and a few pics as well. To tell the truth, I'm a bit fed up at the moment and can't be bothered with guitars really.

Here's my 1959 ES-125. It's in glorious condition, with the only oddity being that someone decided to lacquer it some time ago. It's been refretted, I've sold it twice before and bought it back, and would like dibs on it again! It plays just as easily as a modern guitar, although it has a chunky (but not too chunk) '59 neck, as I suppose it would, being from 1959.

£2295 and I'll deliver it or meet up in areas with electricity and running water. North Yorkshire delivery also possible. It has a nice generic case with it.  I also have a lovely correct Lifton case as well, by separate negotiation.  I don't want to sell the case first, in case (sorry) someone wants the 'guitar/original case' package.

Happy to deliver or meet up, of course, but I'm a bit too fed up to mention the various and seedy meeting  areas of dubious morals which I normally delight in listing. Of course, I will though. I was going to take advantage of the eBay offer with this, but I'd prefer it to go to a forum member, so it's just on here for a few days. It's going to be a couple of hundred pounds more on other platforms, so hopefully it will be snapped up by a forum member so that I can have dibs again. :-)

Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 732
    Others have said it before but these are a great way into the vintage market. 

They’re also more versatile than you think. One of my favourite tones I recorded was on a 125 on a track for a generic indie rock band I was in. We were nowhere near the jazz genre. 

Good luck with the sale Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    Having been one of it's previous owners that ES125 is an absolute killer guitar! 
    edited November 2022
    Thanks chaps - it's a lovely guitar. I've just lost a bit of interest at the moment. My ES-350 hasn't sold yet, so I thought I'd give this a go again. Tom, you're right about the versatility - it's also a lovely guitar for stuff like 'cowboy chords' - it makes having an acoustic guitar a bit less important as it has a lovely acoustic and 'plugged in acoustic' tone, if you know what I mean. Lovely clarity and playability. It's as easy to play as a modern guitar too.

I did put it on eBay in the end last night, only because the forum seems a bit slow - like everywhere, I suppose.  I'd prefer it to stay on the forum, but we'll see what happens.
    Call me Dave.
  • I was so happy when you took this guitar down but it’s back and I’m full of conflict again! 

GLWTS I suppose
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    I'd be all over this if it was a blue CS Tele.
    GLWTS.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McfoxMcfox Frets: 0
    I'd be very interested in this! Give me a message. It looks beaut x
    Thanks! Got your message and replied. I've promised someone a viewing at the weekend, as it happens, but  nothing's certain.

Well, putting it on eBay certainly achieved the reach and the offers. One for £1200 and one for £1500. Mind you, the ES-350 had an offer on Reverb as well. It's about £6200 on there and the offer was for £3800 from a chap in the USA..

Damn - if I'd know that it was International Clown Week I could have celebrated properly. =)
    Call me Dave.
  • Dave, Dave, Dave... Seriously, for how many times are you going to sell and buy it back before you finally realise that it's the only guitar you'd ever need?  :)

Also a previous owner, amazing ES-125 with a perfect 59' neck profile that I miss in my 60' ES-125T.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 539
    never had a vintage guitar ... that lovely 125 looks like a gateway drug to new realm of GAS that I am desperately trying to fight.
  • thinline72thinline72 Frets: 88
    edited November 2022
    If only all vintage guitars were as good and reasonably priced as this ES-125
    It really is lovely. So easy to play - obviously if you want to play much higher than the 14th fret you’re going to have to have fingers like knitting needles, but that’s by the by. 

It’s missing an end pin (I’ve only just remembered that) and I’ve never needed one so never got round to it.

It’s on hold for for a couple of days a forum member who will give me dibs on it.  =)

i just need to get to get down to a couple of guitars for a bit and have lost a little interest in guitars for various reasons (hopefully temporary) and the ES-350 hasn’t sold yet,so here we are. 

Oh yes - bump for the ES-350. It’s had a couple of offers on Reverb and a chap from eBay is supposed to be coming to see it, but, you know.... it’s still here. Well, it’s in East Sussex.

If anybody from this parish wants it, then I’m open to trades, or offers that are so close that they’re sponsored by Gillette.

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    63 year old still on hold, bump for the 69 year old.
    Call me Dave.
    Another bump for this magnificent old brute (the ES-350).

Trades would include a good quality acoustic, hollowbody Gretsches, an Eastman T58/v if anyone has one, Tone King Falcon Grande, CS Tele, CS Strat, hollow or semi hollow Gibsons, an R4/6, a Lucille, you know... that sort of thing. Obviously not all at once.
    Call me Dave.