Stratocaster vibrato systems - use all 5 springs please. Leo did that for a reason...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    Sporky said:
    It's important to remember that Leo also ate dry Grape Nuts out of a hat for breakfast, and thought that pigeons were baby giraffes. 

Not all of his ideas were great. 
    Actually, joking aside... Leo did nearly kill himself just eating raw carrots to try to loose weight, apparently nearly turned himself orange with all the carrotine. (Fact)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15354
    tFB Trader
    JMS96 said:
    Do you find this different on a modern 2 post bridge than with the 6 screw one? I find the 2post bridge more wobbly so I use 5 springs to tighten it up. 
    I can see where you are coming from - At the end of the day, if the trem is set up for  'floating' it is a case of equalising string tension v spring tension - Be it 4/5 springs and 8/9 or 10 gauge strings etc 

Jeff Beck and Hank Marvin both use the trem for a large majority of notes/passages that they play - Yet differ on their choice of trem - 2 point modern or vintage 6 screw - I think 2 point can be more 'spongy' but equally they are often factory set-up with 3 or even 2 springs, so as you say you can balance this out with more springs as required 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74281
    Love the use of ‘Leo’ in threads like this - like we all knew him - and what his intentions were…
    Yes, it’s a bit overly familiar. We should call him by his proper name - either Clarence or Leonidas, if not Mr. Fender.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein