Got my pedals robbed by Evri/Hermes today

What's Hot

Comments

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4792
    Devil#20 said:
    When the parcels arrived did they have your labels on them with corresponding tracking number? Did the parcels look like they'd been opened and the contents substituted? Can the recipients back you up?
    Yes they were my exact parcels that hd been sliced up, items replaced then hastily taped up (I only use white/red fragile tape & they just covered in brown parcel tape!
    Report it to the police, then. A reported crime won't look good for the courier company when it comes to your small claim against them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    I recently sold a pedal on Reverb, sent via Royal Mail Tracked 24... Failed it's first delivery slot then apparently went to a collection point where it disappeared. After numerous calls with Royal Mail who could not ascertain it's location i applied for and received the max compensation i could get (i had a shortfall but that was on me). Checked tracking to see whether it was still at the collection point and lo and behold it is apparently on it's way back to the sender... That was on 6th June... No sign of the pedal still.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Hattigol said:
    All couriers are untrustworthy? Every single one?

Don't be bloody ridiculous. 
    Every single *COMPANY*.

I'm sure there are good people who work for all of them (including EVRI) but daily experience teaches me that all of the companies are as bad as each other for 'losing' stuff and not paying our when they are clearly at fault.

So no, not bloody ridiculous. At all.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    JezWynd said:
    impmann said:
    I've said it a million times.... only use Special Delivery :)
    Yes, and then have the deep unmitigated joy of dealing with the lying-theiving-bastards-in-red-vans 'customer service' and not getting a pay out there either. (First hand experience). 

All couriers - ALL of them - are untrustworthy right now. And there is no customer back up or come back, short of small claims court which takes a long time, costs a lot and isn't assured either. That is the reason they are getting away with it right now...
    Maybe but in that case Royal Mail are the best of a bad lot. Special Delivery means item arrives next day before 1pm. I go on the premise that the least amount of time in the courier’s hands the better. In the past 10 years I’ve used them over 500 times and they’ve never lost a package (I’m asking for trouble writing that!)
    Thats fair about least time in their hands. But having had the displeasure of having stuff stolen by their lying staff, and then not getting a payout on the insurance they insisted on me buying due to the value to the value of the sum assured, I'd still say they're bastards. 

Its a bit like chosing between a cat shit or dog shit sandwich... either way, you end up eating shit.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9554
    I’ve sold 100s and 100s of pedals.

My lessons;

1. Never use Parcelfarce

2. Always use Special Delivery

YMMV =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5279
    edited June 2022
    Postman Pat recommends Special Delivery Service in all his shows
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Incident with Evie this week.   
    Sold a light fixture, buyer organised a courier - Evie to collect it.    I should have said no but I was too busy and he said it was his responsibility not mine.       
    Message in the tracking that they couldn’t get access to collect (it’s a school with receptionists).     On the school cctv it clearly shows him arriving, appearing to scan it and driving away.    
    I suspect he pretended to scan it and then logged it as not being able to collect.  Thieving git.  
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6080
    Devil#20 said:
    When the parcels arrived did they have your labels on them with corresponding tracking number? Did the parcels look like they'd been opened and the contents substituted? Can the recipients back you up?
    Yes they were my exact parcels that hd been sliced up, items replaced then hastily taped up (I only use white/red fragile tape & they just covered in brown parcel tape!
    You should def report it to the Police. They probably won’t be interested in pursuing it but at least you should get a crime reference number. Then tell Evri what you have done and inform them that you intend to lodge a small claims court case if you have not been fully reimbursed in 14 days. If you have photographic evidence of the parcel being tampered with then I imagine the small claims will side with you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1942
    edited June 2022
    Devil#20 said:
    So if they were posted to different addresses then the thieves can be isolated to the part of the delivery chain before the parcels head in different directions. That means up to the central distribution hub then. My money is on the drop off point. Like others have said, involve the police but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to do much about it. At least when it comes to a small claims court (and I'd seriously got down this route considering the monies involved) then it shows you've tried to resolve this. If you can get statements from the intended recipients then all the better to back your case. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7277
    @Squareheadedfreak  ; Do you have to specify somewhere what the contents are, and would the details be known to staff at the drop-off point, at the receiving hubs, and by the delivery driver?  I'm just curious about whether somebody/people are opening parcels on the offchance they contain something useful or valuable to them, or it this is a targeted activity by somebody/people that know about musical equipment and know what the packages contain.

How many sortation hubs did the package pass through before reaching the hub local to the recipient?
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    I’ve sold 100s and 100s of pedals.

And that's why we love you hahaha
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11595
    tFB Trader
    Are we in a position that we need to photograph every package or parcel we send, and in the case of a parcel drop off photo it in the place so they know you have taken a record .

And also use uniquely coloured parcel tape......

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Couriers are shite. 

Imagine any other industry where you have to take insurance out because it’s so likely they’ll completely mess up the one job they have to do. 

Absolute farce.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    Couriers are shite. 

Imagine any other industry where you have to take insurance out because it’s so likely they’ll completely mess up the one job they have to do. 

Absolute farce.
    Not to mention that they'll sell you insurance and then say it isn't valid for your item if you try to claim on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I feel like more of this sort of thing will start to happen as belts tighten and people get more desperate
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    I'd love their to be a PPI type courier scandal, because they've missold an awful lot of insurance.

I bought a PRS on here the heel of which they literally smashed to bits. They told the seller that it must have been his own fault because they don't damage packages, and anyway that insurance isn't valid for guitars. It was so well packed I started getting frustrated trying to get it out of all the boxes and bubble wrap, and they get you to write what's inside it. When they saw it said guitar they should have made clear it was excluded.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnr said:
    Couriers are shite. 

Absolute farce.
    Not to mention that they'll sell you insurance and then say it isn't valid for your item if you try to claim on it.
    They’ll be selling insurance to cover their insurance not paying out next
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    I’ve just had a “we attempted to deliver your parcel” message from Amazon. Only it wasn’t their own van but a delivery via Hermes. And the fuck you attempted anything, cos there were two of us here when you said you tried and our dog goes ballistic when someone comes to the door. The last Hermes delivery I had was a picture frame, well wrapped in thick cardboard and bubble wrap with “fragile” tape all over it. It had huge boot prints all over it and was, unsurprisingly, smashed to pieces. That had to be deliberate. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    prlgmnr said:
    Couriers are shite. 

Absolute farce.
    They’ll be selling insurance to cover their insurance not paying out next
    I know you're joking but that reminds me of the story from the massive financial crash of ~2007/2008 where people started taking out credit default swaps against the companies offering credit default swaps!

You couldn't make it up, lol.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    @boogieman never under-estimate just how thick and thoughtless some people are.