Got my pedals robbed by Evri/Hermes today

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• BillDL said:
    It used to be that in an instance like this you could contact the police, the CID would take fingerprints from the light fitting and other items inside the package, and actually investigate the theft. There was a time where, if suspicion lay with staff (in this instance at the drop-off point) they would be prepared to lay a trap using a bogus entrapment parcel with ultra-violet powder on the contents.  Sadly they don't seem to regard theft investigation as one of their duties any longer.
    Which is bonkers because anecdotally this is happening at an industrial scale and collectively costing customers millions. :s
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7277
    edited July 2022
    As far as Hermes is concerned, I have a feeling that there is probably quite a bit of resentment stewing away in the people that work in the warehouses and the drivers.  They obviously became very lax over a number of years where I would guess that a "don't give a shit" culture developed.  Now that they have rebranded I suspect they have done a lot of process auditing and are trying to tighten up on how everything is handled in the sortation hubs and while out for delivery.  Staff that always performed their roles well feel resentment at the inference they need to change, especially if they are on lower wages than elsewhere, and the ones that had been getting away with all kinds of shenanigans will resent being spied on and audited to the point of being deliberately disruptive.  I've had to do manual agency work in warehouses where I've seen disgruntled workers deliberately damaging packages by kicking them around or stomping on them and, unless you have supervisors and managers willing to fire a few of them to instil a message, nothing will change.  A bad "culture" in a workplace often starts from the top and works down.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2400
    BillDL said:
    I'm just curious about whether somebody/people are opening parcels on the offchance they contain something useful or valuable to them, or it this is a targeted activity by somebody/people that know about musical equipment and know what the packages contain.
    I had a set of Bare Knuckles go missing at a sorting office a few years ago, and when I spoke to Bare Knuckle about it, they said it's happened a few times where they reckon it's been targeted - they even have their branding on the tape on the box, so it's fairly obvious what's in the package if you know the brand. When it came to a replacement they did me a less conspicuous box.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    boogieman said:
    I’ve just had a “we attempted to deliver your parcel” message from Amazon. Only it wasn’t their own van but a delivery via Hermes. And the fuck you attempted anything, cos there were two of us here when you said you tried and our dog goes ballistic when someone comes to the door. The last Hermes delivery I had was a picture frame, well wrapped in thick cardboard and bubble wrap with “fragile” tape all over it. It had huge boot prints all over it and was, unsurprisingly, smashed to pieces. That had to be deliberate. 
    And apparently they “tried to re deliver today”. Utter bullshit, again we were in when they said they tried.  Either they’ve gone to the wrong address (hard to believe when there’s only 4 of us in a cul de sac with the same postcode) or the driver is lying. I’ve messaged Amazon for a refund. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    Recently had an Evri driver stood at the end of my garden path, check the house number, confirm it with his partner in the car, then watched him throw my pedal back in the boot of his car and drive away.

I immediately received an email informing me there had been a delay/problem with the delivery of my parcel.

Clearly, walking along the 10ft long perfectly straight garden path with no fence or gate in the way was too simply too much to ask of a delivery driver.

It did finally arrive a week later though, albeit by a different driver, which by the sounds of things is a borderline miracle with this lot.

It's almost always MyHermes/Evri whenever I've had a problem with receiving a parcel. They're just shit!

I'll never, ever use this company for anything while there's any other option available. I had better service with City Link, which is quite the claim.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    edited July 2022
    ^ I remember Hermes used to be useless here... well, maybe that's a bit strong, nothing ever went missing and everything turned up etc.- but the worst of all of them at least. I remember at least once, when we had two separate parcels due to be delivered by them where one was due to be delivered a day or two earlier, and they both completely coincidentally turned up at the same time (i.e. they only wanted the bother of one journey). And the driver was a bit sheepish/deliberately too cheerful as if she knew we might complain! (We didn't bother.)

That being said, fairly soon after that they changed drivers (actually a couple of different drivers since, I think) and they've been pretty much fine ever since. Obviously that doesn't negate anyone else's bad experiences! And it is a bit strange that they felt the need to change their name...
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7277
    I've had a 3 parcels delivered by Hermes/Evri in the last few months.  They were intact and untampered with, but the annoying part of the delivery was that the tracking notifications are shambolic.  Being a nightshift worker it's helpful for me to know approximate delivery times.  On each occasion I received a message in the morning giving me a rough time slot, so I was able to go to bed and set my alarm so I wouldn't miss the deliveries that were due in the early afternoon.  A couple of hours into my sleep I was woken up by a message saying something like "sorry, due to unexpected problems we will not be able to deliver your parcel until tomorrow".  That was fine by me as I wasn't in a rush for the items, so I went back to sleep and set my alarm for the normal time later on near dinner time.  A few hours later my front door was being banged (despite the note next to the doorbell saying "please ring bell"), and by the time I got dressed and stumbled downstairs the driver was away and the parcel had either been palmed off onto my immediate neighbour or left leaning against my back door (under an awning).  I wish they would sort out their automated tracking messages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    BillDL said:
    I've had a 3 parcels delivered by Hermes/Evri in the last few months.  They were intact and untampered with, but the annoying part of the delivery was that the tracking notifications are shambolic.  Being a nightshift worker it's helpful for me to know approximate delivery times.  On each occasion I received a message in the morning giving me a rough time slot, so I was able to go to bed and set my alarm so I wouldn't miss the deliveries that were due in the early afternoon.  A couple of hours into my sleep I was woken up by a message saying something like "sorry, due to unexpected problems we will not be able to deliver your parcel until tomorrow".  That was fine by me as I wasn't in a rush for the items, so I went back to sleep and set my alarm for the normal time later on near dinner time.  A few hours later my front door was being banged (despite the note next to the doorbell saying "please ring bell"), and by the time I got dressed and stumbled downstairs the driver was away and the parcel had either been palmed off onto my immediate neighbour or left leaning against my back door (under an awning).  I wish they would sort out their automated tracking messages.
    Oh flip, Hermes tracking is so bad I barely even consider them to have tracking! Kind of annoying how your mind does that and then you forget to even blame them for it!