Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which cheap pedal utterly exceeded your expectations?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Especially after the ridiculous hype a while ago when people were asking a couple of hundred quid for them!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • really?

dang

So its kind of like the Shredmaster now then? Gone from £200 > £50
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Hilarious, how gear hype works.

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Well somehow people got it into their heads that the old painted versions had magic bean properties and there were some selling on Ebay for frankly, mental money. 
  • DOD Milkbox...extremely good compressor for any money!

most of the Marshall pedals are really good, but are really cheap...and they dont get much respect...dont get why!?!

• Joyo Ultimate Drive for the win. Great pedal.

Digging the Danelectro Fab Distortion for rat-ish sounds

Zoom Ms-50 for 50 bucks second hand, dyno.

In fact I'm currently putting together a "shite" pedalboard that's going Soulfood or Bad Monkey -> Ultimate Drive -> Fab Distorion -> Zoom Ms-50

Bet I still sound more awesome with ten times more mojo than any of you losers
  • Zoom G3 - not exactly one pedal, but does so much for so little money.

Zoom MS70-CDR so much in one pedal. Some really lovely sounds once you've figured out your own best way to use it.

Marshall Jackhammer - ridiculously good two-mode dirt pedal. Some folks struggle to get a good sound out of Dist mode, but once you work out how the contour control works (and how to get rid if you don't want to use it) the Jackhammer sounds brilliant. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgan said:

DOD Milkbox...extremely good compressor for any money!

most of the Marshall pedals are really good, but are really cheap...and they dont get much respect...dont get why!?!

I am guessing you mean the smaller chrome ish coloured ones?

I have the Jackhammer :-D (love that thing) and the Edward Compressor. I think the compressor is the best I have heard out side of the Xotic.

I can confirm that I have been pressing on that Jackhammer for 11+ years and it is still like new. Its been used heavily as well. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Zoom G3 - not exactly one pedal, but does so much for so little money.

Zoom MS70-CDR so much in one pedal. Some really lovely sounds once you've figured out your own best way to use it.

Marshall Jackhammer - ridiculously good two-mode dirt pedal. Some folks struggle to get a good sound out of Dist mode, but once you work out how the contour control works (and how to get rid if you don't want to use it) the Jackhammer sounds brilliant. 

Wisdom awarded for this; one of the best guitar sounds I've ever had was a stereo setup, one side with modulation into a clean bass amp the other side through a Jackhammer into a little wee valve amp (Peavey Classic 20). Sounded MASSIVE.
  • A couple mentioned already - I picked up a used Guvnor 2 here for £30. I didn't expect it to sound more natural than my OCD clone, and the EQ will get you out of most tight corners. I also have a Dano Chicken Salad, haven't done the mods but I have played with the trimpot with some success. I keep thinking of rehousing it with a full-sized pot. When I was a poverty-stricken, Smiths-obsessed student in the late 80s I couldn't afford a CE-2. So I got a Rocteck Chorus for about £27 which sounded great and looked a bit like the more expensive Arion pedals of the same era - are they related? Despite the all-plastic construction it survived many years of gigging, always on the floor, no pedalboard. Sold it to fund a CE-2 eventually.