Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

JazzBlaster build COMPLETE!!’

What's Hot

Comments

• GoFishGoFish Frets: 1780
    Nicely done so far. There's so much to love about this one. :love: 
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Minor update. It's bedding in well, I've chosen a strap that suits it nicely, and the proper neck should be moving from Musikraft to MJT this week. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    Neck is in for finishing, just in time for me to start wondering if I would actually really like the body to be chambered. And Olympic White...
    This may not be healthy but maaaaan. I may keep may eyes open for eBay auctions

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That looks really cool OP. Is it easy to install WRHB on a regular JM body or a lot of work involved?
    edited October 2022
    That looks really cool OP. Is it easy to install WRHB on a regular JM body or a lot of work involved?
    It definitely needs routing (see page 1!) which is either no issue or a complete pain depending on your setup and abilities and/or willingness to pay someone to do it for you :)

Alternatively you can get WRHBs in a JM pickup outline but for a scratch build j really wanted the full-fat pickups, so here we are. 

I’m still highly tempted to switch to a white body down the line. I have too many sunburst guitars now
  • lavaguard looks GREAT. Good choice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    lavaguard looks GREAT. Good choice. 
    Yep. I'd 100% recommend them over Spitfire (6+ months and $300+)
  • lavaguard looks GREAT. Good choice. 
    Yep. I'd 100% recommend them over Spitfire (6+ months and $300+)
    aye, I had a spitfire on an AV62 JM, and this is much nicer. To be fair, that cost me about £70 if I recall, but still. 

AHHHHHH, THE GOOD OLD DAYS. 
    Yeah, I don't doubt Spitfire's product in any way - they're very obviously great. I was about to order one when Paul at Lava popped up saying he had a spare sheet and would I like to jump the queue. TOP stuff :) .

And wouldn't that red look lovely against Oly White? Anyone got a JM body going spare..? 
  • Yeah, I don't doubt Spitfire's product in any way - they're very obviously great. I was about to order one when Paul at Lava popped up saying he had a spare sheet and would I like to jump the queue. TOP stuff :) .

And wouldn't that red look lovely against Oly White? Anyone got a JM body going spare..? 
    keep this body! Parchment witch hats would be my suggestion though.... it's the black ones that are pushing the 70s look (thought the blackguard look was cool too FWIW, but a big headstock and a bullet truss rod would make that win win wn....I digress) 
    Haha I could of course get a white body for this one (which would 100% need white hats), then build ANOTHER guitar with sustainiac and humbuckers with the sunburst body. But I just gassed rather heavily so if I'm doing anything it needs to be reducing the fleet. 

Anyone want to buy an Aztec Gold Jag...?
  • Yes, I saw that. DanoStrato? 

I've just ordered an SG. The world has gone mad. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yes, I saw that. DanoStrato? 

I've just ordered an SG. The world has gone mad. 
    Another SG? Well done :)

Yeah mine's a 54 style Dano Strat. It's fucking incredible. Full thread over there when I have more time and better pictures :)
  • That looks really cool OP. Is it easy to install WRHB on a regular JM body or a lot of work involved?
    It definitely needs routing (see page 1!) which is either no issue or a complete pain depending on your setup and abilities and/or willingness to pay someone to do it for you :)

Alternatively you can get WRHBs in a JM pickup outline but for a scratch build j really wanted the full-fat pickups, so here we are. 

I’m still highly tempted to switch to a white body down the line. I have too many sunburst guitars now
    Looks great with either pickguard!
  • To hijack this thread, for a Jazzblaster build, is it important to NOT go for humbucker sized WRHB, but for the original sizing?
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4126
    To hijack this thread, for a Jazzblaster build, is it important to NOT go for humbucker sized WRHB, but for the original sizing?
    I would say so, yes. Looks weird otherwise. Unless you make a 'Fanocaster' like I'm currently doing, with PAFs and TOM bridge.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    To hijack this thread, for a Jazzblaster build, is it important to NOT go for humbucker sized WRHB, but for the original sizing?
    I honestly don’t know. For this one i was more focussed on trying the cunife thing specifically, and I felt like I wanted the look of the big shiny pickups rather than just have another similar looking JM
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Fwiw I’d deffo go Oly White
    DrBob said:
    Fwiw I’d deffo go Oly White
    Yeah, I'm gonna. Just need to find the right body. There is a good pine one in white blonde on reverb but it's just a little bit more reliced that I want. I figure if I'm going to do it I should do it 100% right