Have you seen how bad the drought is in Europe?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Jono111Jono111 Frets: 259
    What was the cause of the similar drought in Europe 500 years ago and how did we recover from it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19526
    Loveable virtuoso stadium rock conspiracy loon Matt Bellamy has an opinion...

Can't argue with the sentiment.

At least Muse are heavily into recyling...

Tunes, mostly  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a solution. Every time I play golf it f*ing rains on me - so just send me around Europe to play on courses in different countries and I'll solve this drought problem.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12566
    I have a solution. Every time I play golf it f*ing rains on me - so just send me around Europe to play on courses in different countries and I'll solve this drought problem.

Did you lie when you were 17?

I'm legally obliged to check.

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a solution. Every time I play golf it f*ing rains on me - so just send me around Europe to play on courses in different countries and I'll solve this drought problem.

Did you lie when you were 17?

I'm legally obliged to check.

Actually, when I was 17 this really was true as I grew up in Scotland.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10400
    VimFuego said:
    When the end of the world comes will someone let me know please. I'd like to get off. Thanks. 
    dude, you can bash one out anytime you want, you don't need to wait for the end times.

Oh wait, you meant leave the planet, my bad.
    Imagine if space travel were as common place as masturbation.. we wouldn't be worried about this old planet!

Sadly, we are stuck here wanking while our ecosystem dies.
    Speak for yourselves bloody hell :lol: 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10400
    Jono111 said:
    What was the cause of the similar drought in Europe 500 years ago and how did we recover from it
    The cause was farmer Bob from the western shire praying to a false God and the recovery was due to a system of pullies and a sacrificial lamb. That sorted it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24730
    Sorry but this stupid bloody "stuck in the quote box" bug has made it impossible to quote @tony99. ; The year 2100 you reckon?

I have no idea.  What I am sure of though is that within maybe 500 years or so, the vast majority of humans will be gone.  The Earth will be very inhospitable for human life.  Life as we know it now will no longer exist.

However, we, as a species, are very much 'johnny come lately's' to the enormity of Earth's timeline.

Once our dominant influence on the environment is massively diminished, Earth will start to heal.  It may take 1000 years, maybe 100,000, but it will heal, once our destructive practises all but cease.

The biggest problem is that people - now - don't think that it's real.  They don't see, or care, beyond their own lifetimes.  Humans are inherently eminently selfish and short-sighted.  It will become our undoing.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19526
    And the laughs just keep coming (no means of verifying accuracy here)  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62717599
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Just checked it hasn't been posted.  
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I’m currently in Furnace Creek, Death Valley, frying my balls off. Today it was pushing 46C and tomorrow it will be 49C.

However, only a few weeks ago, it had a year’s worth of rain in 3 hours. That’s not right.

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    The wildfires in Cyprus are getting quite close to our Villa in Polis….