Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender American Vintage II

What's Hot

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2176
    The links seemed to have been taken down. I regret not buying a avri59 back in the day. That was a great guitar. I think it was £1400 iirc? Thank god for rich tory donors.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Following this with interest. Would definitely have a good look at the teles.
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778
    I think Tuesday has been mentioned as the day they will be revealed. Expect about a thousand youtube influencer videos to drop the middle of this week!

Trying my best to talk myself out of being interested. Does not make sense for me to sell my AO strat for just over a grand to then pay double for one of these...but, you know how the brain works around here. A 61 fiesta red strat or 56 seafoam strat is sucking me in.
  • This news puts me in a bit of a pickle. I'm interested in the combination of cool colours and hopefully larger than modern necks. Recently was hankering for my 1st USA Fender. I was about to click buy on an AV 64 Tele. Now I'm wondering if I should hold on and wait for the new AV 2 Jazzmaster. I'd have to sell my LPB Road Worn Inoran Jazz though. Something to keep my mind busy at least. Decisions, decisions
    Grab the av65 JM on eBay at the moment and don’t look back!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RckyRcky Frets: 0
    Official release date is Oct. 11 according to local dealer. 
  • Apparently US release is later today? Hopefully get full details then. Still eyeing up a black tele deluxe knowing it will have those sweet new cunife WRHBs
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 927
    edited October 2022
    I've never tried one of these new cunife WRHBs, my only experience of WRHBs were the 90s reissues that kind of put me off the deluxes/custom thereafter.

Do they suit any particular genre?
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 474
    Apparently US release is later today? Hopefully get full details then. Still eyeing up a black tele deluxe knowing it will have those sweet new cunife WRHBs
    I think @Rcky is probably right on this - the aerodyne stuff has just gone up on their channel in the last 10 minutes, I doubt they'd saturate things with too many releases on one day - reckon were gonna be waiting a week. Hope I'm proven wrong.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5485
    edited October 2022
    There was a big Gibson announcement earlier today too, the new Faded series. I wonder if they’d want to hold off so as not to have that water down the virtual column inches…

But you never know - come 6pm my inbox might be flooded with seven of the same email from all the dealer lists I’m on…
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27623
    edited October 2022
    tomajoha said:
    I've never tried one of these new cunife WRHBs, my only experience of WRHBs were the 90s reissues that kind of put me off the deluxes/custom thereafter.

They’re the “indie darling” of pickups. 

One of the Sonic Youth guys (Ranaldo?) put them in a Jazzmaster in the early days of [whatever genre they are].

Thom Yorke used them extensively in Teles from 1997 to 2008 or so and Greenwood has been using a Starcaster forever

A lot of post-2000s indie guys used them in Teles through that period. Most famous is Johnny Buckland from Coldplay (Thinline Teles) and Dave Keuning from The Killers (Starcaster)

Regardless of whether any of that appeals they’re great pickups. Fat but grindy and still sounding more like a Fender than a Gibson. I love the ones in my Jazzblaster build, which ironically I started earlier this year because I was sick of waiting for Fender to do a proper 72 Thinline Tele..
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 474
    Whitecat said:
    There was a big Gibson announcement earlier today too, the new Faded series. I wonder if they’d want to hold off so as not to have that water down the virtual column inches…

But you never know - come 6pm my inbox might be flooded with seven of the same email from all the dealer lists I’m on…
    This also crossed my mind earlier when I saw the Thomann video pop up, as there was definite correspondence from FMIC to various enquiries stating 4th October like - Yes I know, we're too gassed for this announcement  =)
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 257
    61 Strat appeals to me if the neck is .79 deep
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9554
    tomajoha said:

A good one is a wonderful thing. Clean up almost like a slightly fat tele, when overdriven they snarl and growl but retain clarity. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • the_other_edthe_other_ed Frets: 110
    edited October 2022
    Loobs said:
    Idk. Didn't seem to stop most of the 'greats' playing their solos on vintage Strats. 

And wearing cowboy boots wouldn't stop me from running a quarter-mile. However...

• robertyroberty Frets: 10914
    edited October 2022
    I've been filling my boots for the past few months. I think prices are going to go nuts. I could be wrong. But I'll be wrong and I'll have loads of gear 
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1117
    roberty said:
    I've been filling my boots for the past few months. I think prices are going to go nuts. I could be wrong. But I'll be wrong and I'll have loads of gear 
    Prices are *going* to go nuts?

Prices are already ludicrous!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    A very brief listing on bonners music has appeared for one of the 70's strats. No pics. £2149
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1109
    My local shop has them at €1975. Including the 63 Surf Green. It’s a looker.
  • PALPAL Frets: 554
    Strat & Tele demo on guitarist 491 magazine YouTube.
    LPManic said:
    My local shop has them at €1975. Including the 63 Surf Green. It’s a looker.
    That's a bit cheaper than I thought. Still expensive, but I thought they would price them about 2.2k