Western Jam 11th February 2023, Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 852
    Oh man, sorry to hear this @Bennyboy-UK ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    @Bennyboy-UK ah mate what a nightmare. Sorry to hear that. Hope you're up and about soon
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2221
    edited January 2023

...There’s time before the bash in Feb - I’m just very conscious of what I might or might not be able to do or not. Assuming I can travel and play a bit please can you leave me in on Just what I needed, I believe in a thing called love and fight for your right and bin me off the rest.

OK I've removed @Bennyboy-UK from Nothing But A Good Time, Dr Feelgood and Girls Girls Girls.

Nothing But A Good was left with no takers, so I've removed it from the list.

Dr Feelgood and Girls Girls Girls are left with @Vibetronic on guitar. @Vibetronic are you OK to cover those? Does anyone want to play 2nd guitar?

Does anyone want to do vocals on the following three, then I expect we could rustle up a bass player.
    Celebrity Hit List
    Die Laughing
    Fallen

Is it time to consider dropping Yankee Rose as we've only got @Vibetronic as a taker at the moment?

When we've had a bit of a clear out, perhaps it might be time to think of a few other simple jam songs.

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6987
    Im learning 12 songs (6 on drums, 2 singing, 4 singing and guitar) so cant take any more new ones on Im afraid.
    Its 6 weeks today!! Better get practicing!

Happy to revisit any from last jam that Ive already learnt if needed.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited December 2022
    mrkb said:

I was wondering about Keep Your Hands To Yourself and Tush as they're basically just 12 bar songs.
    Maybe Hard To Handle and Fortunate Son, as they're easy and well known.

Those would involve you or @bobblehat on vocals.

It's not a competition.
    mrkb said:

I was wondering about Keep Your Hands To Yourself and Tush as they're basically just 12 bar songs.
    Maybe Hard To Handle and Fortunate Son are they're easy and well known.

Agreed! Great choice of tunes. 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Neilybob said:
    mrkb said:

Yep, and I'd be happy to cover bass where needed on those.
  • OK, sod it.  If @Vibetronic can take the main guitar parts on Die Laughing, I'll do some vocals.  Which will involve singing and playing at the same time, which could be interesting...  =)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    OK, sod it.  If @Vibetronic can take the main guitar parts on Die Laughing, I'll do some vocals.  Which will involve singing and playing at the same time, which could be interesting...  =)
    all good with me!
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037

@stratman3142  - yeah all good with the Crue songs :) Sorry, barely had any time to go through everything properly but wanted to let you know. A slightly chaotic Christmas!!
    edited January 2023
    OK, sod it.  If @Vibetronic can take the main guitar parts on Die Laughing, I'll do some vocals.  Which will involve singing and playing at the same time, which could be interesting... 
    I've updated the song list at the end of this post.

We just need a bass player for Die Laughing now. I'll do it if there are no other takers, but someone else can have a go it they want to, because I'm already down for a few on bass.

I've also added Keep Your Hands To Yourself, Tush, Hard To Handle and Fortunate Son.
    Are there any takers for vocals on those? Plus is @onlyonebradders OK for drums on those as he played them last time.
    I'll do lead guitar unless anyone else wants to do it.

It's not a competition.
    I can drum fortunate son and hard to handle if needed
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 552
    Neilybob said:
    mrkb said:

Apologies for the late reply . I’m up for vocals/rhythm guitar on hands to yourself , hard to handle and fortunate son.
    Now this is a jam! 
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4151
    stratman3142 said:
    Bennyboy-UK said:

...There’s time before the bash in Feb - I’m just very conscious of what I might or might not be able to do or not. Assuming I can travel and play a bit please can you leave me in on Just what I needed, I believe in a thing called love and fight for your right and bin me off the rest.

OK I've removed @Bennyboy-UK from Nothing But A Good Time, Dr Feelgood and Girls Girls Girls.

Nothing But A Good was left with no takers, so I've removed it from the list.

Dr Feelgood and Girls Girls Girls are left with @Vibetronic on guitar. @Vibetronic are you OK to cover those? Does anyone want to play 2nd guitar?

Does anyone want to do vocals on the following three, then I expect we could rustle up a bass player.
    Celebrity Hit List
    Die Laughing
    Fallen

Is it time to consider dropping Yankee Rose as we've only got @Vibetronic as a taker at the moment?

When we've had a bit of a clear out, perhaps it might be time to think of a few other simple jam songs.

I never thought to get involved in this jam, it's only an hour away from me. I know Nothin But a good time v well, play it currently in my set. Maybe next time I should sign up :+1: 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I never thought to get involved in this jam, it's only an hour away from me. I know Nothin But a good time v well, play it currently in my set. Maybe next time I should sign up :+1: 

It's not too late. And you can put yourself down for any of the songs that have a full lineup, because we can do multiple run throughs of the same song with different lineups.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13576
    edited January 2023
    I do aim to come down,  but remove me from any "singing" I may have put me hand up for,  Ive still got this lurgy Ive had for weeks, and I cant see me doing anything but coughing if I try and sing if it doesnt improve

I'll chuck a guitar in the back of me car in case there's any "ad hoc" shenanigans  if that's OK ? 

(dont worry I wont turn up if Im still bad)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Have been looking at Let’s Dance, and there’s a section that’s just bongos and drums. Is anyone planning on doing the bongo part ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Have been looking at Let’s Dance, and there’s a section that’s just bongos and drums. Is anyone planning on doing the bongo part ;)
    Whenever I've played it in bands, I've just continued the rhythm guitar part through that section. No bongos, unless anyone fancies having a go.
    It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @stratman3142 I can play bass on Die Laughing - Therapy