Western Jam 11th February 2023, Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• Do you think it’s time to ditch a few of the sparsely populated ones - like the Poison and Crue songs?

We can suggest some others though can’t we. 

Those ones above are cluttering up the sheet!

Should, we make it a last call for those and give it to the end of the weekend to see if there are any takers?

you lot seriously need to get into your 80s metal/hair metal!  =) I'll take a look at the list again on Monday, not had much free time the last few weeks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    Do you think it’s time to ditch a few of the sparsely populated ones - like the Poison and Crue songs?

Should, we make it a last call for those and give it to the end of the weekend to see if there are any takers?

you lot seriously need to get into your 80s metal/hair metal!  =) I'll take a look at the list again on Monday, not had much free time the last few weeks. 
    I can jump in on those. Bass/guitar/vocals as required
  • roberty said:
    Do you think it’s time to ditch a few of the sparsely populated ones - like the Poison and Crue songs?

I can jump in on those. Bass/guitar/vocals as required

Are you OK for vocals and bass on Dr Feelgood and Girls Girls Girls? If not, and we're really stuck, I suppose I could do bass on those two. But it would be better to get a proper bass player.

Are those two being played in the original key of D with the guitar and bass tuned down a tone? As I'm not really a bass player, I'm only comfortable playing 4 string bass in standard tuning live. So if I play bass on those two, the low D notes will be an octave higher.

Nothing But A Good Time still has a few missing roles, so that one is at threat.

It's not a competition.
    Okay sign me up @stratman3142 and if anyone else wants to do bass or vox on them I'll cede
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2221
    edited December 2022
    roberty said:
    Okay sign me up @stratman3142 and if anyone else wants to do bass or vox on them I'll cede
    I can cover the bass if you want to focus on vocals, until we get a better offer for bass player.

What about Nothing But A Good Time. Are you OK for vocals and bass on that? But it seems like you might be taking on a heavy load.

I could cover bass on Nothing But A Good Time, which is pretty straightforward.

It's not a competition.
  • you lot seriously need to get into your 80s metal/hair metal!
    And your early 90s Britrock.  Therapy? anyone?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

roberty said:
    I can cover the bass if you want to focus on vocals, until we get a better offer for bass player.

What about Nothing But A Good Time. Are you OK for vocals and bass on that? But it seems like you might be taking on a heavy load.

I'll have a listen. I haven't heard a lot of these songs
  • roberty said:
    roberty said:

I'll have a listen. I haven't heard a lot of these songs

Nothing But A Good Time is one of the Poison songs, so I was just double checking whether you meant that one as well. Don't worry if not.

It's not a competition.
    Yep I’m well up for that but can’t remember if my name was down for it. Will check everything on Monday. Last few weeks have been a bit mad with various illnesses and a trip to A&E thrown in for good measure (sounds a lot more dramatic than it was, but my free time has been almost non-existent).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 91
    Happy to drop A New Day Yestetday
    Yep I’m well up for that but can’t remember if my name was down for it. Will check everything on Monday. Last few weeks have been a bit mad with various illnesses and a trip to A&E thrown in for good measure (sounds a lot more dramatic than it was, but my free time has been almost non-existent).
    will have to be later in the week. Snowed-in and on childcare duties as usual...
    edited December 2022
    Brocco said:
    Happy to drop A New Day Yestetday
    OK. It's been removed from the list.

I've added @roberty on vocals for 'Dr Feelgood' and 'Girls Girls Girls'. Plus I've put myself down as possible bass on those two, so we've got the roles covered now, unless anyone else wants to do them on bass.

@Vibetronic @Bennyboy-UK and @roberty can we agree a key for Dr Feelgood and Girls Girls Girls. Are they being played as they sound in D, because the guitars are tuned down a tone. Or do you want to play them a tone higher (i.e. E) in standard tuning?

Nothing But A Good Time is still at threat. Do we have any takers?

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 852
    Looking very blue @stratman3142 ;

Please remove Paradise City and Running down a dream. 
    edited December 2022
    Neilybob said:
    Looking very blue @stratman3142 ;;

Song list updated

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Neilybob said:

This may be a bit late, but it just occurred to me that the bass and vocal parts of Running down a dream are simple enough that I could cover both. I can't remember what parts we were missing for that, but if we were only lacking a vocalist then maybe we could reinstate it? 
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 852
    mart said:
    Neilybob said:

This may be a bit late, but it just occurred to me that the bass and vocal parts of Running down a dream are simple enough that I could cover both. I can't remember what parts we were missing for that, but if we were only lacking a vocalist then maybe we could reinstate it? 
    Mart thanks for the offer but I’ve got enough to get going currently so happy to drop it.  
  • Neilybob said:
    mart said:
    Neilybob said:

Mart thanks for the offer but I’ve got enough to get going currently so happy to drop it.  

@Neilybob I had you down for 2nd/Rhythm guitar for 
    Paradise City and Running down a dream. But if you're OK with the Lead guitar role, and we don't need another guitar, then we have a full lineup if @mart does bass and vocals.

It's not a competition.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Neilybob said:
    mart said:
    Neilybob said:

No problem, I'm happy to leave it dropped.
  • Hi chaps,

I slipped and fell on the ice a fortnight ago and injured myself pretty badly.

I’m getting better daily but can still hardly walk, can’t drive and have not picked up a guitar since it happened.

There’s time before the bash in Feb - I’m just very conscious of what I might or might not be able to do or not. Assuming I can travel and play a bit please can you leave me in on Just what I needed, I believe in a thing called love and fight for your right and bin me off the rest.

I’ll let you know how I’m getting on chaps.

Cheers,
    Ben.

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • @Bennyboy-UK sorry to hear that. Hope you recover soon.

It's not a competition.