• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 856
    Superb! I love it when a plan comes together 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Neilybob said:
    Superb! I love it when a plan comes together 

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7055
    @mrkb and @bobblehat now that we have a full line-up, can I double check the key of 'April Skies'.  The original has the guitars tuned to Eb standard. Is that the key you want or can you sing it a semitone higher in E?

I havent tried singing it yet - suspect I can handle E std - Jim Read doesnt have a high range so the downtuning is probably to pitch at lower notes rather than not reach the higher ones.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Nothing too challenging there

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:
    @mrkb and @bobblehat now that we have a full line-up, can I double check the key of 'April Skies'.  The original has the guitars tuned to Eb standard. Is that the key you want or can you sing it a semitone higher in E?

I havent tried singing it yet - suspect I can handle E std - Jim Read doesnt have a high range so the downtuning is probably to pitch at lower notes rather than not reach the higher ones.
     =)

I was going to say stick with Eb as I think it sounds better.  
  • bobblehat said:
    mrkb said:

=)

I was going to say stick with Eb as I think it sounds better.  

OK, I'll assume we stick with the original key of Eb. So those playing on it may wish to tune to Eb standard, unless they want to play it in Eb on an E standard tuned guitar or bass.

It's not a competition.
  • We just need one more role for the following songs:

Bass for 'Symphony of Destruction'

Vocals for 'Just What I Needed'

Vocals for 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love'. That will need a brave person. Is anyone actually going to be able to sing that :)

@bobblehat : Can you do 'Be Yourself. and 'Gold on The Ceiling' without a second guitar. If so, we just need a bass player for those two and I'll but 2nd guitar down as 'good to have' but 'not essential'.

It's not a competition.
    @stratman3142 I'll take those vocals

I went ten pin bowling with Dan Hawkins once and used to party at Ed's house in Camden. I had no idea who he was at first ("why is there a gold record in the toilet?")
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2228
    edited November 2022
    roberty said:
    @stratman3142 I'll take those vocals

Great that gives us 'Just What I Needed' and 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love' with a full line-up.

@bertie you expressed a possible interest in doing 'Just What I Needed'. We can do another run through if you want to do it on the day.  That applies to all the songs with a full line-up. We can do multiple run-throughs if others want a role in them.

Updated song list below:

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    edited November 2022
    sorry - had a few "paw" related issues taking my focus  -   havent run through it with Mrs Bert - but still pencil me on for JWIN  maybe me and Brocco take one each ?    

no way I can be justin hawkins tho 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bertie said:
    sorry - had a few "paw" related issues taking my focus  -   havent run through it with Mrs Bert - but still pencil me on for JWIN  maybe me and Brocco take one each ?    

So do you want to possibly have a go at Vocals and rhythm or lead guitar as well? Let me know when you're sure, but you can just decide on the day, now that we've got enough roles for the song to stay on the list.

It's not a competition.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 559
    edited November 2022
    We just need one more role for the following songs:

@bobblehat : Can you do 'Be Yourself. and 'Gold on The Ceiling' without a second guitar. If so, we just need a bass player for those two and I'll but 2nd guitar down as 'good to have' but 'not essential'.

I'll have a bash at vocals on "Just what I needed"   
    Can do without a second guitar on "Gold on the ceiling"  and "Spread your Love" They are both pretty much just 3 chords so I'm sure someone will jump in. 

edited November 2022
    bobblehat said:
    We just need one more role for the following songs:

I'll have a bash at vocals on "Just what I needed"   
    Can do without a second guitar on "Gold on the ceiling"  and "Spread your Love" They are both pretty much just 3 chords so I'm sure someone will jump in. 

@roberty has offered to do vocals on 'Just What I Needed' so, if you were offering just to help out, it's not essential now. I've put you down with a ? mark for the second run through. Let me know if you really want to do it.

'Gold On The Ceiling' and 'Spread Your Love' just need a bass player to complete the line-up.

I've had a quick listen to 'Spread Your Love' and 'Gold On The Ceiling'. I could possibly cover those on bass but, as I'm already doing a few on bass, I'll give someone else first shout. How about @Neilybob if you want to play bass on something? Otherwise @mart or @roberty but they're quite busy already.

I think 'Spread Your Love' is in drop D on guitar, but think the bass is still E standard tuning. It's certainly playable in E standard on bass.

Here's another update to the song list

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @stratman3142 will have a listen today and let you know asap regarding bass parts.  
    @stratman3142 put me down for playing bass on 'Gold On The Ceiling' and 'Spread Your Love'.  

edited November 2022
    Neilybob said:
    @stratman3142 put me down for playing bass on 'Gold On The Ceiling' and 'Spread Your Love'.  

That gives two more songs with enough roles to play them.

Updated song liast below.

It's not a competition.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    I can take the bass on Symphony of destruction. 
    @neilybob do you fancy taking over the bass on any of the songs I originally signed up for? I probably played too much last time, and don't want to stop anybody else who wants some bass fun.
    edited November 2022
    mart said:
    I can take the bass on Symphony of destruction. 
    @neilybob do you fancy taking over the bass on any of the songs I originally signed up for? I probably played too much last time, and don't want to stop anybody else who wants some bass fun.
    Great. That adds another one with enough roles to play it.

Updated list below:

It's not a competition.
    Feel free to pop me down on rhythm guitar for any of those yeller'uns @stratman3142 ;
    edited November 2022
    roberty said:
    Feel free to pop me down on rhythm guitar for any of those yeller'uns @stratman3142 ;;;

OK. On 'Let's Dance' I was going to play the Nile's rhythm part followed by some SRV (type) lead at the end. But It would be good to have some rhythm under the lead at the end.

I guess we could also double the Nile's rhythm and have fun debating the exact voicings he uses  

It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom