Western Jam 11th February 2023, Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2204
    edited January 2023
    There's an updated list at the end of this post.

Die Laughing now has a full lineup after adding @Neilybob on bass. Assuming he hasn't stormed off in a huff, after I completely misread his post offering his services.

Hard To Handle has a full lineup

Fortunate Son has enough players to cover it. @bobblehat I've put you down on lead guitar, which is what you did last time so I assume you're OK with that. There's still a slot for 2nd guitar on that one.

Should we be retiring the following songs as they've been on there a while without any takers? I've flagged the original proposers for them
    Celebrity Hit List  @Jonathangus ;;;
    Fallen   @Jonathangus ;;;
    Yankee Rose  @Vibetronic ;;;

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Happy to lose my two.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Happy to lose my two.
    OK last call for Celebrity Hit List and Fallen. If there are no takers in the next couple of days, I'll remove them from the list.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Get rid, Pete.  Andy's got enough drumming to do.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

edited January 2023
    Get rid, Pete.  Andy's got enough drumming to do.

OK here's another update.

It's not a competition.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Last couple of times, @mart brought his (very impressive) micro bass amp.  But for the sake of a tenner, we could have a full-sized one?
    Yeah, I'd go with this. I'll bring mine along as back-up, or for Spinal Tap as @roberty suggests, but I suspect we'll mainly use the studio one.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10894
    I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day, you know what I mean

It would actually be quite funny to do this with three bass players haha
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 809
    Neilybob said:
    @stratman3142 I can play bass on Die Laughing - Therapy 
    Yes, if there are no other takers.

Terribly sorry @Neilybob, I completely misread your post and thought you were asking if I could play bass on that one, hence my response. I only read it properly when I was working through the posts to update the spreadsheet.

I didn't mean to imply that you were a last resort for bass on that one.

No problem at all. 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    There's an updated list at the end of this post.

Die Laughing now has a full lineup after adding @Neilybob on bass. Assuming he hasn't stormed off in a huff, after I completely misread his post offering his services.

Hard To Handle has a full lineup

Fortunate Son has enough players to cover it. @bobblehat I've put you down on lead guitar, which is what you did last time so I assume you're OK with that. There's still a slot for 2nd guitar on that one.

Should we be retiring the following songs as they've been on there a while without any takers? I've flagged the original proposers for them
    Celebrity Hit List  @Jonathangus ;
    Fallen   @Jonathangus ;
    Yankee Rose  @Vibetronic ;

Yep fine to ditch that choice of mine. I won’t have a lot of time to learn the others I’m doing I don’t know so well, and it’s one less for our recovering drummer! :)
  • Just like to say how much I enjoy these threads. Watched a set of songs from one jam on YT last night [0Q3A43***bla]
    Are there any more ? Keep up the good work !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2023
    Vibetronic said:
    Yep fine to ditch that choice of mine. I won’t have a lot of time to learn the others I’m doing I don’t know so well, and it’s one less for our recovering drummer!

Here's an updated song list.

Tush still needs a singer and a drummer, but apart from that we have enough roles to do the others. Anyone can still put their name down for a song with a full line-up (in advance or on the day) because we can do multiple run-throughs.

It's not a competition.
  • @robertyIs Firebird confirmed?  If so, might want to update the the thread title, @Neilybob .

@robertyIs Firebird confirmed?  If so, might want to update the the thread title, @Neilybob .
    Good point. It was verbally confirmed over the phone but I haven't received the invoice yet. I will chase
    @robertyIs Firebird confirmed?  If so, might want to update the the thread title, @Neilybob .
    Great shout.

Will do once confirmed. 
    Firebird is confirmed. I'll do the numbers in a bit
    roberty said:
    Firebird is confirmed. I'll do the numbers in a bit
    Thanks Rob

Title updated and webpage link added to the first post on page 1. 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 89
    question for @roberty
    Will there be space at Firebird for all the kit we brought last time or will we need to limit the amount of gear we bring?
    Brocco said:
    question for @roberty
    Will there be space at Firebird for all the kit we brought last time or will we need to limit the amount of gear we bring?
    The room is massive so we can fit an awful lot in there. We might need some chairs tho. There's no sofas
    I’m absolutely GUTTED but I must pull out of this jam! 

Last week I blacked out and was rush to hospital.  I had heart palpitations which has caused my black out and I’ve been put on bed rest for a while.  Also my driving licence has  been suspended pending further review. 

I will update any details required on this thread and hopefully I will make the next one. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Neilybob said:
    I’m absolutely GUTTED but I must pull out of this jam! 

Last week I blacked out and was rush to hospital.  I had heart palpitations which has caused my black out and I’ve been put on bed rest for a while.  Also my driving licence has  been suspended pending further review. 

I will update any details required on this thread and hopefully I will make the next one. 
    Sorry to hear that, really hope you're feeling 100% soon.