Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What gigs/bands/artists are you booking tickets to see in 2023 and looking forward to

What's Hot
My partner and I are thinking of going to more gigs next year. 

She hasn’t really been to
those old school big band gigs like they had in the 80s/90s at places like the NEC, so although we have done a few festivals, we would like to go and see a band play that have all the props and pyro, with singalong hits 

this conversation got me wondering who you were all looking forward to seeing next year ?

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7063
    edited November 2022
    Ive got Pulp reunion and Muse tickets bought for next year, am hoping that Rambing man festival is making a return as well.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12614
    I took my 17 year old daughter to the O2 to see kings of leon with the vaccines this year and she loved it.  Its her 18th in January and I have bought her pixies tickets for Cardiff next year, they are my favourite band and she listens to them loads.

Would like to get to see the chilli peppers before they start drawing their pensions.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12539
    I don't get to many gigs.

Seeing Suede in March though :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • mrkb said:
    Ive got Pulp reunion and Muse tickets bought for next year, am hoping that Rambing man festival is making a return as well.
    Sadly missed the tickets would definitely like to see Pulp

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• I saw suede when they released the first single at the Charlotte in Leicester 

• munckee said:
    I took my 17 year old daughter to the O2 to see kings of leon with the vaccines this year and she loved it.  Its her 18th in January and I have bought her pixies tickets for Cardiff next year, they are my favourite band and she listens to them loads.

Would like to get to see the chilli peppers before they start drawing their pensions.
    Pixies are one of my favourites I am not sure Kelly would be as excited as me for that one. But the opening chords to Debaser would send everyone crazy I think. Hey is my favourite track though and I do like
    Ttompe a lot more than it seems most people did at the time

• Got my ticket for Marcus King Band, one of two bands I never miss if they tour (the other being Gov’t Mule).

Would have liked to have got a ticket for Iron Maiden but the tickets were more than I was prepared to pay.
    Ditto Depeche Mode.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Got my ticket for Marcus King Band, one of two bands I never miss if they tour (the other being Gov’t Mule).

Would have liked to have got a ticket for Iron Maiden but the tickets were more than I was prepared to pay.
    Ditto Depeche Mode.
    Some of the gig prices are Eyewatering that’s for sure

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Really looking forward to Muse / Royal Blood right here in Huddersfield. 

Can literally walk to the gig! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • GA20 next Sunday in Manchester
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12539
    I saw suede when they released the first single at the Charlotte in Leicester 
    Must have been suitably epic!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • MrsTheWeary rarely wants to go to these things so it depends whom I can drag along. 
    Dave Wakeling's version of The Beat are playing B'ham town hall at some point so it would be nice to see him in a comfy seated venue. 
    My eldest son works for the NEC so we get cheap last minute tickets for some things which has become my criteria for gigs now! So the proper answer is probably whoever is playing the Utilita or Resorts World but doesn't sell out. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23764
    edited November 2022
    My eldest son works for the NEC so we get cheap last minute tickets for some things which has become my criteria for gigs now! So the proper answer is probably whoever is playing the Utilita or Resorts World but doesn't sell out. 
    That's a pretty good, honest basis for gig decisions, I think.

One of the most recent gigs I attended was Rick Astley (supported by Paul Young and Toyah), and I only went because my friends who live nearby invited me, and there was a sit-down meal before the show.
  • Really looking forward to Muse / Royal Blood right here in Huddersfield. 

Can literally walk to the gig! 
    Also got tickets for that gig.

Seeing The Lathums at Sheffield after being impressed by them supporting Kasabian in Manchester.

If Dirty Honey tour again it’s pretty likely I’ll pay up. I’d also really like to see Larkin Poe since I missed their last UK dates, although they look to be doing US and Australia as far as current dates go. The Darkness are still on my list to see but the ticket price put me off.
  • Philly_Q said:
    That's a pretty good, honest basis for gig decisions, I think.

One of the most recent gigs I attended was Rick Astley (supported by Paul Young and Toyah), and I only went because my friends who live nearby invited me, and there was a sit-down meal before the show.
    He gets free parking at Utilita as well so it's a cheap evening out. Resorts World is £17 parking plus crazy priced catering. Even if the tickets were completely free I couldn't go too often! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Only ones in my diary so far are Suede in March, and then The Boss at Murrayfield in May. 

People I'd like to see if poss - Marcus King Jr, Fantastic Negrito. Would have liked to have seen Pulp too, but missed out on tickets for the Scarborough gig. 
  • I saw suede when they released the first single at the Charlotte in Leicester 
    Must have been suitably epic!
    It was and had some interesting heckling, Butler was astounding and very loud

• I saw the Boss a few years back and it was a great gig

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12614
    Saw Pulp in 94 supporting Oasis. Terrific live band. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckee said:
    Saw Pulp in 94 supporting Oasis. Terrific live band. 
    Now that would be a dream right now. That must have been incredible